Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since the writers are going to write Team Flash as such a bunch of fuckups and continue to let Cicada get away, I wish instead the villain was the that now dead meta from last season who was just super lucky. Like literally every episode would involve the heroes tripping over things and random shit happening just as she walks away unscathed.

That would've actually been a lot better.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Is Cicada...meant to be more of a threat than Savitar?
The entire Justice League couldn't catch him. THE ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE couldn't catch this dude.

Well then characters like Caitlin and Cisco would be more redundant so they need to make Barry kind of a dumbass 90% of the time so he doesn't take away from their roles
Same with Iris. Like them, her character exists to make Barry dumber.
"I don't know what to do."
"Run faster."
"Oh, yeah!"

Why the fuck do you need someone to remind you of your own power set? Remember past episodes when he'd stand there and watch a building burn down before Iris told him over comms to use his whirlwind to suck out the oxygen? Yeah....

Savitar is a moral-less Barry Allen..... Is he smart enough to figure out how the dagger works? Nah. Stupidity and the lack of combat IQ is a common trait for every Barry Allen across the multi-verse.

Cicada bodies Savitar and flies away like usual.
Savitar Barry built the suit, some other Barry designed Gideon. This Barry is a dummy.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The entire Justice League couldn't catch him. THE ENTIRE JUSTICE LEAGUE couldn't catch this dude.
To be fair that's apparently the other Cicada but honestly with time travel maybe Orlin was always Cicada so fucking whatever

It's dumber when you remember that the dagger only works on dark matter meta and he's not very powerful outside of that which is why Frost wins in a straight fight

So Supergirl who bench presses buildings and spaceships and almost as fast as Barry could curbstomp him. If he flies she's as fast as Barry she could catch in a second and has super senses. Oliver can pelt him with arrows before he does anything.

Really it doesn't matter it's an excuse for Barry to be alone and not have Cicada immediately beaten it's a stupid excuse but it's an excuse

Last edited:

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair that's apparently the other Cicada but honestly with time travel maybe Orlin was always Cicada so fucking whatever

It's dumber when you remember that the dagger only works on dark matter meta and he's not very powerful outside of that which is why Frost wins in a straight fight

So Supergirl who bench presses buildings and spaceships and almost as fast as Barry could curbstomp him. If he flies she's as fast as Barry she could catch in a second and has super senses. Oliver can pelt him with arrows before he does anything.

Really it doesn't matter it's an excuse for Barry to be alone it's a stupid excuse but it's an excuse
Remember Cicada went missing and reappeared (more than once?) Apparently meaning Orlin Cicada was never caught, then Grace Cicada showed up down the line, which is apparently the stronger version.

So even if the League didn't exist around the time Orlin Cicada was active, he still wasn't caught. Might be the reason Team Flash is so set on curing him, so stronger versions of either Orlin or Grace Cicada won't exist in the future (which isn't totally fucking around with the timeline at all *cough*).

I know they don't like calling in heroes from other shows, but it makes no sense that he killed all these people, escapes from Team Flash for like the 10th time now and they don't ask for help. As you said, Supergirl, Arrow, The Legends or Batwoman can all take this dude. Hell, anyone of their team/sidekicks can. Call in anyone from Black Lightning and it's over in 2 minutes.

Still, future whoever Cicada better be one of the biggest bads ever if the whole league can't stop him/her.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
How many episodes will this teenager be a nuisance to Team Flash? A few episodes? Half the season? Until the last 2 episodes of the season?
I hear they're doing shorter arcs, so probably wrap it up in a season or so.

Speaking of shorter arcs... what have they wrapped up this season? Caitlin/Killer Frost stuff and, that's it?

When's the last time Barry's stopped a basic crime? How many times have we even seen him do such a thing.
I honestly don't think they did anything this season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's gotta be a while since they've shown Flash fighting crime that doesn't involve the core storyline.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think they did anything this season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's gotta be a while since they've shown Flash fighting crime that doesn't involve the core storyline.
Well there's the Wizard daughter story and probably at least one more I can't remember

I would add other metas of the week but they tend to be killed by Cicada

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Well there's the Wizard daughter story and probably at least one more I can't remember

I would add other metas of the week but they tend to be killed by Cicada
Completely forgot about Weather Wizard. So there's potentially that.

I think max.rem is mainly referring to street level, normal criminals though. Purse snatcher, car jacker, bank robber etc. If that's the case, then like I said, it's been a while.

To your other point, as you said, all of the MotWs are branches of Cicada's arc so those wouldn't count. Even if they weren't tied to Cicada, one off villains there for an episode can't really be considered an "arc".

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not remembering anything popping up irt Barry or Team Flash just helping people with everyday regular crimes. I think the last thing I remember was Dibny stopping that guy from robbing a store of some sort. The dude had a anti-metahuman gun or something.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
If this show had a bigger budget, i'd loved to have gotten scenes of Barry taking Nora around Central City, showing her how to deal with everyday crimes. This world feels so small because with their very obviously limited avenues of filming locations.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The last ep really illustrates how pacing is important. XS' time fuckery was revealed in the 4th ep, the last ep was the 14th. 10 whole eps inbetween, it makes the ability seem just thrown in, this groundhog's day ep should have been at most 2 eps away from the reveal.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Why could Nora use her speedster powers to even rewind time? Shouldn't Cicada's powers have dampened hers?

Shouldn't Killer Frost be able to heal the damage dealt by the dagger?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No more Cicaca please

MeagerFlawedEuropeanfiresalamander-size_restricted.gif

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, her dad is still out there!
So, nothing? Good job, team.

The last ep really illustrates how pacing is important. XS' time fuckery was revealed in the 4th ep, the last ep was the 14th. 10 whole eps inbetween, it makes the ability seem just thrown in, this groundhog's day ep should have been at most 2 eps away from the reveal.
"Pa... cing?"
-Flash Showruners.

Why could Nora use her speedster powers to even rewind time? Shouldn't Cicada's powers have dampened hers?

Guessing the dagger was still too far away from her.

..and yeah, KF should be able to heal the damage. Side note, still waiting on an explanation why the writers keep having her fight him hand to hand with ice daggers when they've already shown how effective her ice blast is against him. Gotta drag shit out I guess.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

..and yeah, KF should be able to heal the damage. Side note, still waiting on an explanation why the writers keep having her fight him hand to hand with ice daggers when they've already shown how effective her ice blast is against him. Gotta drag shit out I guess.
First time it's because she needed his blood second time Frost is being cocky for the plot

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the budget cuts have been pretty noticable with most o these shows, especially when they share too many locations with no effort to dress them up. I mean hell Arrow a few seasons back didn't even bother hiding a Canadian Tire sign that was in plain sight.

I'd say they've done a shit job with show casing Nora's abilities and how they may differ from Barry's but that imply they've done a job doing that.

She shouldn't have any of that "dark matter" that created most of the other metas. But... *Shrug*

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Letting Cicada get away because Killer Frost was scared of Caitlin using hte cure on her would have been a good way to let Cicada escape once and have it feel somewhat realistic.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Letting Cicada get away because Killer Frost was scared of Caitlin using hte cure on her would have been a good way to let Cicada escape once and have it feel somewhat realistic.
They should show literally, anything. I don't care if a kid's basketball rolls into the road and the team saves him instead of finishing Cicada. Anything is better than them standing around doing nothing while he constantly escapes.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, instead of making up excuses for Cicaca to get away, how about, I don't know... making him an actual threat??

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, instead of making up excuses for Cicaca to get away, how about, I don't know... making him an actual threat??
Too late for that. Far too late. He's already too much of a joke character.

Better to just kill him off and use "Dark Matter Reasons" as an excuse to age Grace, have her wake up from her coma, take the Cicada mantel and have her become an actual threat.

edit:
It'd actually be funny if Orlin just disappears and nothing gets resolved at the end of the season and they make Grace Cicada the main in a future season.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Too late for that. Far too late. He's already too much of a joke character.

Better to just kill him off and use "Dark Matter Reasons" as an excuse to age Grace, have her wake up from her coma, take the Cicada mantel and have her become an actual threat.

edit:
It'd actually be funny if Orlin just disappears and nothing gets resolved at the end of the season and they make Grace Cicada the main in a future season.
Calling it now, her version of Cicada will only be around for one episode, she'll attack people in their dreams, Freddy Krueger style.

And she'll still be better than Cicaca.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Eh, it was embedded in Iris/Ralph/Caitlin/whoever a good four feet away. They've shown it's dampening field to be larger than that in the past.

I honestly think that there are like five Flash writers and they all write their scripts in isolation, then they get together and throw them in a big pile and arrange them in an order that kinda makes sense.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it was embedded in Iris/Ralph/Caitlin/whoever a good four feet away. They've shown it's dampening field to be larger than that in the past.

I honestly think that there are like five Flash writers and they all write their scripts in isolation, then they get together and throw them in a big pile and arrange them in an order that kinda makes sense.
I pretty sure we suspected that when Ralph goes through similar arc like 5 times last season

I'm pretty sure normally isn't an editor or producer or showrunner or whoever normally supposed to catch stuff like that but I doubt weekly procedurals or superhero shows care about that kind of stuff much much

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty sure we suspected that when Ralph goes through similar arc like 5 times last season

I'm pretty sure normally isn't an editor or producer or showrunner or whoever normally supposed to catch stuff like that but I doubt weekly procedurals or superhero shows care about that kind of stuff much much

Yeah, the showrunner's job is definitely to define arcs and make sure that they flow properly from episode to episode. It SHOULD be very important for shows like this, but apparently Kreisberg wasn't very good at it when he WAS around and his replacement isn't much better.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the showrunner's job is definitely to define arcs and make sure that they flow properly from episode to episode. It SHOULD be very important for shows like this, but apparently Kreisberg wasn't very good at it when he WAS around and his replacement isn't much better.
I would give them some leeway considering it's 20 episode weekly show with a schedule so I get ending up with episodes that could be redundancy or would get cut if it was length of a FX show or miss stuff that's not obvious when you're on a deadline

But man I have my limits lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would give them some leeway considering it's 20 episode weekly show with a schedule so I get ending up with episodes that could be redundancy or would get cut if it was length of a FX show or miss stuff that's not obvious when you're on a deadline

It wouldn't be so bad if any of these episodes felt individually valuable to the overall plot, but all of them are basically disposable because nothing actually progresses aside from Cisco's inevitable march toward leaving the show.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

Dunno. Maybe it's not a passive power and Cicada has to activate it.

Or they forgot, which makes the most sense.

I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt when there are multiple superhero shows, on the same network even, that dont have anywhere near this amount of problems & inconsistencies. They just suck at it.

The writers just write episodes in a bubble and dont know or care about what they've shown in the past. Then the showrunner is like, "good enough".

The worst thing is the show's been around longer and it's getting worse at it season after season.

So like, why not just move them out of the way of the dagger?
Use logic? Lol

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

They have a person/people who's/who are supposed to be responsible for that along with curating the series bible though it doesn't seem like the writers care about that thing.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
Possible big news is going around on YouTube from Arrowverse/DCTV channels that a major character from the comics is appearing in episode 18 and they seem pretty confidant that this is happening. Just the title alone gives it away,
Godspeed

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Possible big news is going around on YouTube from Arrowverse/DCTV channels that a major character from the comics is appearing in episode 18 and they seem pretty confidant that this is happening. Just the title alone gives it away,
Godspeed
If that's true and they're relatively faithful to the comics,
that's yet another villain who starts out as a friend/colleague of Barry/the team and betrays them.

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly unrelated to this show but hey Doom Patrol is really goddamn good so far.
Unfortunately DC Universe either hates me or my ISP and the site is barely functional.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly unrelated to this show but hey Doom Patrol is really goddamn good so far.
Unfortunately DC Universe either hates me or my ISP and the site is barely functional.

This is completely unrelated but Umbrella Academy on Netflix was an entertaining watch as well, quite different from the usual superhero fare.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Umbrella Academy is a bit back and forth quality wise, but is somehow carried by the actor who plays No.5.

Yea, not quite a must-watch (Though if y'all can watch Flash, you should give it your time), but it was pretty dope all things considered. And yea, Five was one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.