• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I hope his plan is stupidly simple like he just traps the dagger or throw lightning from afar than curbstomp and then shoot or stab him

Then insult the team and leave
Lol.

I'll go with lightning from behind w/ follow up necksnap. Or... Cicada throws the dagger at him, he arm whirlwinds it before it gets in power siphon range, then runs up phases his had through Cicada's chest. GG. EZ.

Is it sad that I want Thawne around permanently just to insult them? That's not weird, right?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
We all do.

Cicada needs a power upgrade. He's getting punked way too often now.
He was supposed to be getting physically stronger which they forgot when Barry curbstomp him and even without speed gave him some trouble

Then killer kept beating him them he got stabbed by Iris which legit hurt him like it would a normal person

The iris thing was so dumb and ruined that

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
He was supposed to be getting physically stronger which they forgot when Barry curbstomp him and even without speed gave him some trouble

Then killer kept beating him them he got stabbed by Iris which legit hurt him like it would a normal person

The iris thing was so dumb and ruined that
Remember this shit, Flash writers? We remember...

Yet regular non-powered Barry goes toe to toe with him.

Suuuuure..

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They actually remember that more than Flash writers it just that the serum didn't do anything to be relevant besides giving him a chance against Oliver who already found deathstroke
I don't know, no one mentioned it past the episode where he injected himself, and the only reason he had the upper hand against Oliver was because he was weak as hell.

In Cicada's case, I assume they're dumping that plot point in favor of setting up his niece to be the new and improved Cicada.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Diaz's serum seemed to more or less just give him enough meta strength to close the gap with Oliver so he's a proper fight. In the previous season Diaz had to fight dirty against Oliver because he couldn't beat him normally (and loses in the finale quickly).

Arrow actually does well with power levels. Prometheus was never as good as Oliver, didn't win fights and basically escaped/planned his way out of confrontations. Flash on the other hand isn't great at making their villains smart, capable and believably able to avoid capture, they just make the heroes really dumb.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, no one mentioned it past the episode where he injected himself, and the only reason he had the upper hand against Oliver was because he was weak as hell.

In Cicada's case, I assume they're dumping that plot point in favor of setting up his niece to be the new and improved Cicada.
I mean

It's clear Diaz was just really strong he even said he was stronger and he was doing shit he couldn't do before he even threw Oliver who is bigger than him

Oliver is just better fighter even with a shitty diet

Diaz's serum seemed to more or less just give him enough meta strength to close the gap with Oliver so he's a proper fight. In the previous season Diaz had to fight dirty against Oliver because he couldn't beat him normally (and loses in the finale quickly).

Arrow actually does well with power levels. Prometheus was never as good as Oliver, didn't win fights and basically escaped/planned his way out of confrontations. Flash on the other hand isn't great at making their villains smart, capable and believably able to avoid capture, they just make the heroes really dumb.
Yeah this

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And isn't starting a riot and making Oliver fight an entire block of prisoners before facing him "fighting dirty?" I feel like that fight should've gone that way with or without the serum. Ollie had been stabbed a couple of times before that fight, not to mention he should've been slightly exhausted as well by then.

And Arrow is not that great with power levels either. Anyone with a bow can immediately be as good as Oliver with no real explanation behind it. See: Cupid.

Oct 25, 2017
And isn't starting a riot and making Oliver fight an entire block of prisoners before facing him "fighting dirty?" I feel like that fight should've gone that way with or without the serum. Ollie had been stabbed a couple of times before that fight, not to mention he should've been slightly exhausted as well by then.

And Arrow is not that great with power levels either. Anyone with a bow can immediately be as good as Oliver with no real explanation behind it. See: Cupid.
For all intents and purposes, outside of Batman, Ollie is the strongest/best fighter on Earth 1. The Cupid stuff is dumb but they've managed to be extremely consistent after S4.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I mean Cupid *check internet* was a swat team and professional gymnast and trained after getting obsessed so it's not the worst

Even with the Riot Diaz was still doing shit he couldn't the serum didn't make him invincible like the miraku just strong enough to fight guys from team arrow

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean Cupid *check internet* was a swat team and professional gymnast and trained after getting obsessed so it's not the worst
Yeah, with that background, I can buy Cupid being okay as a fighter against Team Arrow, but being a pro with a bow like everyone else on the show? Ehhhhhhh, that's a hard sell.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed that Cicada has two stripper poles in his living room, not one. I still want a stripper pole meta tech episode.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Dude's racking up some serious medical bills with his niece, that construction job or whatever it is he does might not be enough to cut it even with insurance that the kid may or may not be covered under.

I'm pretty sure those "stripper poles" mentioned are supports but he could use something to supplement his income.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I just like anyone in the arrowverse with a Y membership and motivation can become a specical forces level combatant. considering how little some of the people put in, all those years on the island should have made Ollie a god.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just like anyone in the arrowverse with a Y membership and motivation can become a specical forces level combatant. considering how little some of the people put in, all those years on the island should have made Ollie a god.
Considering he beat Ra's, he kinda is.

But can he beat Batman in this universe? Maybe one day we'll find out .

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
These shows have to have a certain amount of stupidity built into the, but there is no excuse everyone not to be packing cold guns as standard equipment after they found out it was a weakness.

And it seems like meta tech was building up to something but now it isn't?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
These shows have to have a certain amount of stupidity built into the, but there is no excuse everyone not to be packing cold guns as standard equipment after they found out it was a weakness.

And it seems like meta tech was building up to something but now it isn't?
Meta tech is an excuse for meta of the week because the team has to be a reason for new meta and we apparently can't just pretend the metas was always there just hidden and bidding their time

Cold is not a specific weakness really any gun could beat him

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Meta tech is an excuse for meta of the week because the team has to be a reason for new meta and we apparently can't just pretend the metas was always there just hidden and bidding their time

Cold is not a specific weakness really any gun could beat him
I want someone to take all the meta tech and build a suit of armor

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree that these shows have to have some sort of stupidity built into them but..... The Flash is taking things too far. It's..... Disrespectful to the source material and to the consistencies that the show has shown (or the consistencies that they've shown).

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Kamilla is going to get a job out of town and Cisco will go with her

That's all she exists for

Nevermind he can breach to work each day, cuz he'll cure himself of that

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree that these shows have to have some sort of stupidity built into them but..... The Flash is taking things too far. It's..... Disrespectful to the source material and to the consistencies that the show has shown (or the consistencies that they've shown).
It's direspectiful to the audience. cause it kinda of wastes their time. cause things set in concrete within the first 5 eps, and don't really change to the last 3. Remember last year when Ralph had to keep learning to believe in himself? And the what won the last battle? Believing in himself. Would have been awesome if we hadn't seen it on a weakly basis all season

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I will never knock a hustle, but did she have to rent an office?
Iris? Isn't that the place where Cicada kept finding her over and over in the last ep?

'Cause it totally made sense to break into a serial killers home, stab him, break his treasured doll house, threaten him and then open an easily findable newspaper office.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Iris? Isn't that the place where Cicada kept finding her over and over in the last ep?

'Cause it totally made sense to break into a serial killers home, stab him, break his treasured doll house, threaten him and then open an easily findable newspaper office.
Wasn't she taking notes on her phone, why didn't she activate the distress app?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
It's direspectiful to the audience. cause it kinda of wastes their time. cause things set in concrete within the first 5 eps, and don't really change to the last 3. Remember last year when Ralph had to keep learning to believe in himself? And the what won the last battle? Believing in himself. Would have been awesome if we hadn't seen it on a weakly basis all season

Yup. When you've been with a TV show for so long and shit like this happens, regardless of how big a fan you are of a show, it's really rude and hurtful to see these characters act so ridiculous. How does a team like this forget about x y and z? I get that a writing team can be big and diverse but when most of them don't follow a certain set of rules that have been set in some kind of stone? It's just not good. Period.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
To be fair Oliver beat Reverse Flash, Ra's, Damian Darkh, Dominators and Mirakuru Slade. Also Malcolm Merlyn, once barely and then couple of years later in one minute. Dude is kinda unstoppable.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Kamilla is going to get a job out of town and Cisco will go with her

That's all she exists for

Nevermind he can breach to work each day, cuz he'll cure himself of that

Ten bucks Gypsy comes back and they port away to Earth-Whatever. Cisco takes her back because of course.

All I really want before he leaves is for Wellsobard and him to have some kind of closure.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
This season deserves a lot of credit for putting a black woman the forefront of this season. Nora has basically been the co-protagonist. She might be my favorite character in the show's history. That says a lot about the show considering that Wally is my all-time favorite comic character.

Status
Not open for further replies.