PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Could Frost be Danielle's Black Siren? That'd be a nice revelation. That said, I think Cassidy is just a straight up better actor.

I actually think Cassidy is pretty bad, honestly. A lot of her line reads are really, really, REALLY uneven. She'll have a good line read for one line and then I'll be like "you went with THAT take?" for the next one.

Danielle's core issue is that her characters are both kind of low energy - this new version of Frost is the first character she's played in a while with any sort of charisma.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I actually think Cassidy is pretty bad, honestly. A lot of her line reads are really, really, REALLY uneven. She'll have a good line read for one line and then I'll be like "you went with THAT take?" for the next one.

Danielle's core issue is that her characters are both kind of low energy - this new version of Frost is the first character she's played in a while with any sort of charisma.
I think I would've agreed with you before she started playing Black Siren. I'm not sure anyone could've made the original Dinah Laurel work. With Black Siren you could see that she had the capacity to convey a persona that wasn't being gaslit by terrible creative decisions. Siren also had good chemistry with Richards too which was much needed dynamic for Felicity.

I'm not even sure what Caitlin's persona is? She's just kinda friendly and perpetually orphaned.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think I would've agreed with you before she started playing Black Siren. I'm not sure anyone could've made the original Dinah Laurel work. With Black Siren you could see that she had the capacity to convey a persona that wasn't being gaslit by terrible creative decisions. Siren also had good chemistry with Richards too which was much needed dynamic for Felicity.

I'm not even sure what Caitlin's persona is? She's just kinda friendly and perpetually orphaned.

I'm talking about current Laurel, though. Now that her character isn't an outright villain anymore, the line reads haven't gotten much better. You're seeing her enjoy what she's doing more, but she's still extremely inconsistent as far as performance quality goes.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm talking about current Laurel, though. Now that her character isn't an outright villain anymore, the line reads haven't gotten much better. You're seeing her enjoy what she's doing more, but she's still extremely inconsistent as far as performance quality goes.
Fair enough. I would say that much of Arrow's cast can be inconsistent but I do think her high's and low's are at better point than they once were. I thought her performance this last week when arguing with Oliver was as good as she's ever been.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Did they explain how George Romero the Zombie even got out of the cell? I didn't know "just smash it" was an option. Why did no-one else try that?

Shouldn't it dampen powers, as well? He should have just turned into a corpse when thrown in there.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Could Frost be Danielle's Black Siren?
How to make boring characters better:

1) Give them a villain alter ego (Black Siren, Frost, Evil Rip)
2) Send them over to Legends

Did they explain how George Romero the Zombie even got out of the cell? I didn't know "just smash it" was an option. Why did no-one else try that?

Shouldn't it dampen powers, as well? He should have just turned into a corpse when thrown in there.
His powers weren't exactly dark mattered fueled. Bloodwork gave him his powers.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
1897d94a66564dea994adabd01fa4fcf.png

OMG, I think it is. lol Certainly not moving during this whole clip
Dat CW budget.

Unlike the others, the cell doesn't affect his powers, so he's still super strong inside. Frost even makes a statement that the meta cuffs wouldn't have worked on him either.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Barry immediately cuffed him when they met him for the first time, didn't he? Zombero shrugged it off like it was nothing.
He only managed to get it on one arm, I think it only activates once you do both(?). But we didnt get confirmation till later when she said it wouldn't have mattered.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Wells is a huge missed opportunity. Given that this is Crisis year, instead of introducing a new Wells on Flash, they should have had Wells-38 be a regular character on Supergirl, only moving to Central City after the Crisis.
Bigger hype moment. Black Lightning universe Wells.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Overexposure from the last season. At the very least let Matt play around with the character for a bit.

I guess that makes sense but he hasn't had a big role in Flash since season 1. Season 5 was his first big role since season 1 and even with that he was barely used.

Eobard always described this big time war between him and Barry but we've barely seen it. I want to see more of it.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Eobard always described this big time war between him and Barry but we've barely seen it. I want to see more of it.
Putting season 1 aside, so far, Eobard has managed to:

1) make Barry ask him to stab his mom
2) brought an entire Nazi earth to invade earth 1
3) essentially killed and erased Barry's daughter

I'd say we've seen plenty of him already.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Putting season 1 aside, so far, Eobard has managed to:

1) make Barry ask him to stab his mom
2) brought an entire Nazi earth to invade earth 1
3) essentially killed and erased Barry's daughter

I'd say we've seen plenty of him already.

There's one main reason I want him back. So we can get new variation's of his theme song. His new theme in season 5 was the best thing about that season.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I mean they dont have to use Eobard everytime but he is one of the biggest villains on the Shows. He pretty much has beef with almost every major hero on the arrowverse.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reverse Flash also really needs to come back for the crossover.

Also, really liking this new Frost. Really feels like Danielle's own version of Black Siren. I love it

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If Reverse Flash comes back, he needs to die to a shadow demon

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Time travel and traveling to different Earths. Easy. Curing cancer, too difficult. Step your game up Cisco.