• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
If anything the fall is going to hurt Bloodwork, lol. Ralph is just going to land and not have any damage. But we know Bloodwork just wants to inject his blood into Ralph's body.
He could just turn into a beach ball and bounce around :D

And you are right, but that seems like it'd be easier to do on the balcony and not plummeting down the side of a building.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
She totally does look like her.

Also... I see a lot of continuity errors here. I would have thought that Ralph would do well against electricity.

As someone who has been directed struck in their lifetime, as a non powerful being it was the single most painful experience in my life.

My guess would be that it still impacts supers not because it caused a ton of physical damage, but because it activates every nerve in your body at once at max pain setting. Unless your nervous system doesn't work off energy, it doesn't seem like a thing you can protect against bonce it hits you.

An electrical stun seems to trigger a metahuman's/superbeing's nerves everywhere. It turns your nerves up to 9000. Doesn't even matter if you're a God of Thunder. Unless you're a being of energy.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah giving Barry the Medal of Honor and Joe West fighting off tears looks like we gotta get ready for this guy to take over the reigns after Crisis
VabPMEL.gif

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was the Scott's Tots of Flash episoes, good lord the cringe was off the charts

Allegra and Chester definitely feel like they're try outs for future series regular spots

Nash is cool, how little he cares about everyone else is fun

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that what Zoom was doing
No, that was just fucking with time. Speedforce clones are pure energy with that the users can program to do shit. Impulse used them as scouts. When they return to the user they can upload the memories of the clone into themselves and then they disappear

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I like Chester, can he stick around for the rest of the season?

And OH NO RALPH

No, that was just fucking with time. Speedforce clones are pure energy with that the users can program to do shit. Impulse used them as scouts. When they return to the user they can upload the memories of the clone into themselves and then they disappear
Godspeed earlier this season?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this episode overall, but I'm not sold on Allegra as a character and I'm not sure what they were going for with the whole "Nash dramatically standing there while she sleeps" scene.

Also, was that WRITING Nash saw inside the wall?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this episode overall, but I'm not sold on Allegra as a character and I'm not sure what they were going for with the whole "Nash dramatically standing there while she sleeps" scene.

Also, was that WRITING Nash saw inside the wall?

I think he knows something more about her powers but was afraid of telling her about it. And uh..... Is she just sleeping at the office? Does she not have anywhere else to stay?!

It looked like writing but also looked like constellations of some sort.

Yeah Godspeed was speaking in aol but they specifically said that that was the *blank* of Godspeed or something like that.

Edit: I just watched the clip. No mention of clones. Crisco just said, "that's the 4th Godspeed....." So it's not confirmed yet if it's an actual Speed Force Clone.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought Allegra maybe reminded Nash of his (probably dead) daughter, supposing he has one.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm pretty bored, I'd like to post a video of how ridiculously fast Barry is. I know, I know (jokes and memes aside) he can get things done within 30 seconds, and Mulciber would be mad but it's quite interesting seeing fancalcs for how fast our Barry Allen is. I'm sure some of us have seen this video already but it really puts into perspective of how dummy fast Barry can be, lol.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm actually glad they gave Ralph a emblem because last year my friend made me a pretty good Jacket of Ralphs Elongated Man costume for cosplaying and she didn't have any idea how to make that thing he had before lol.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Since I'm pretty bored, I'd like to post a video of how ridiculously fast Barry is. I know, I know (jokes and memes aside) he can get things done within 30 seconds, and Mulciber would be mad but it's quite interesting seeing fancalcs for how fast our Barry Allen is. I'm sure some of us have seen this video already but it really puts into perspective of how dummy fast Barry can be, lol.

:D What am I supposed to be mad about, now? I'm not mad over here!

Also, I hadn't seen that, so thanks for the share. That guy should do a video about how villains can teleport as long as they are off camera next!

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
:D What am I supposed to be mad about, now? I'm not mad over here!

Also, I hadn't seen that, so thanks for the share. That guy should do a video about how villains can teleport as long as they are off camera next!

He does a decent job of calcing things and makes it interesting enough to keep watching. It really is ridiculous how fast our Barry is, and it's pretty frustrating because of the parameters they've set for this Barry Allen. The Flash Time episode should not exist.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the episode was great. I love that they're not forgetting about the meta's they've been introducing this season. This season has been doing a great job at keeping the show from feeling like a meta of the week show.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
He does a decent job of calcing things and makes it interesting enough to keep watching. It really is ridiculous how fast our Barry is, and it's pretty frustrating because of the parameters they've set for this Barry Allen. The Flash Time episode should not exist.
Oh man, yes. Flash Time really rewrote how fast Barry is, and then the writers immediately threw it all out the window. Our Barry is nowhere near as fast as he canonically was in that episode. It's frustrating.

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Oh man, yes. Flash Time really rewrote how fast Barry is, and then the writers immediately through it all out the window. Our Barry is nowhere near as fast as he canonically was in that episode. It's frustrating.
They could've had a throw away line about how moving in Flash Time is a danger to himself or the structure of time and can only be used in extreme circumstances.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
They could've had a throw away line about how moving in Flash Time is a danger to himself or the structure of time and can only be used in extreme circumstances.
Absolutely. And really that's all it would take. I mean, of course we would roll our eyes a little, but at least the writers would actually be acknowledging the fucking ability and episode.

Heck, for that matter, I could believe that explanation. I can only imagine moving that quickly does something.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The Ralph and Barry show was awesome. Fake drunk Barry was absolutely hilarious.
This episode was a great portrayal of Barry. He had a bunch of nice little moments that really emphasized his dorky-ness. Kudos to Parker(the director) for getting a good performance out of Austin.

This feels like a redux of last season's episode where the two also went undercover. That episode had no personality, no direction and no memorable moments.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
This season has been so much better than the last few seasons. Thank god. Season 3 was literal torture and Season 4 was a cartoon with The Flash's name on it. Season 5 was only good because of Eobard Thawne.

Speaking of Thawne, maybe he'll return in the second half and team up with another villain like Godspeed. Or they could do a Cobalt Blue storyline with Malcom Thawne and explore the Thawne family.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, yes. Flash Time really rewrote how fast Barry is, and then the writers immediately through it all out the window. Our Barry is nowhere near as fast as he canonically was in that episode. It's frustrating.

I'm with you. Our Barry has shown that he's fast as fuck consistently on 2 occasions. Breaking out Goldberg and Enter Flash Time. It just sucks because Flash Time really messed some fans up. Barry shouldn't have any issues at all after Flash Time, but here we are, and we understand why, but Enter Flash Time just fucked everything up tbh.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
This episode was a great portrayal of Barry. He had a bunch of nice little moments that really emphasized his dorky-ness. Kudos to Parker(the director) for getting a good performance out of Austin.

This feels like a redux of last season's episode where the two also went undercover. That episode had no personality, no direction and no memorable moments.
You don't remember the shootout with Rob Zombie's Dragula playing?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel the need to mention that I loved how the not-Bond villain didn't care one bit about Allen Barry's identity.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I was getting weird sexual tension between Chester and Cecile.

I know they don't even bother to mention it in passing anymore, but she has a kid, dude.