• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Some people actually thought Eobard died.

Ha. He'll be back next season. He always returns. He'll always be there to torture Barry.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like if that was the last we see of Eobard this season. Give us a taste then leave us wanting more. I was afraid he would take over as the big bad, but it looks like Mirror Master is it. I'm honestly surprised by how long of a game they're playing with Mirror Iris. I expected her to be back like 3 episodes ago, but I'm actually kinda digging this storyline a lot more because they're taking their time with it.

The only complaint I have about this episode was the terrible green screen fall they gave Maya. I wish they almost didn't show anything at all.

However, all of the acting sold it for me. Grant bringing the tears and the anger over his daughter, Cavanaugh playing the distraught Nash and the confident Eobard, Cisco playing the good supportive role, and Cecile absolutely selling the horrow of the situation as a Exorcist homage.

They've kept the quality up. Proud of them.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why is Thawne appearing as negative tachyons instead of just in his own body? Like I don't understand why he was possessing Nash in the first place. Like there's a gap between s5 and his s6 appearance that doesnt make any sense.

Then again, nothing about Thawne has made sense for a long ass time.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I like how Barry used a proper plan to take down Sunshine. I also hate the name Sunshine.

Episode was alright. This whole season sort of reminds me of the William Messner-Loebs run, I guess also because they're using characters like Chunk.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Hell yeah. They literally keep bringing him back with no explanation. How did he end up in Nora's future? Why does he look like Wells still and why did he get to Nash even though he's not really one? The more he keeps coming back the more nonsensical the plot around him is becoming. I'm getting tired of Wells-Thawne as they just keep milking him for nostalgia and not helping is that Tom Cavanagh has played so many Wells I can't see Wells-Thawne as actually Thawne. Right now he keeps trying to channel Letscher Thawne rather than the original Wells-Thawne and it's not working because Letscher already did it and way better (all Wells-Thawne does is whisper and make threats and says he hates Barry....again).

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah. They literally keep bringing him back with no explanation. How did he end up in Nora's future? Why does he look like Wells still and why did he get to Nash even though he's not really one? The more he keeps coming back the more nonsensical the plot around him is becoming. I'm getting tired of Wells-Thawne as they just keep milking him for nostalgia and not helping is that Tom Cavanagh has played so many Wells I can't see Wells-Thawne as actually Thawne. Right now he keeps trying to channel Letscher Thawne rather than the original Wells-Thawne and it's not working because Letscher already did it and way better (all Wells-Thawne does is whisper and make threats and says he hates Barry....again).

To be fair they did mention and lampshade that in this weeks show that Thawne was never a Wells, he killed the Earth 1's Wells and just took his appearance. Just before they did the Fight Club joke.

And while I agree that Matt Letscher is definitely fun to watch and kinda more menacing, I can only assume its due to his lack of availability to be on the show.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the Episode.

Thawne saying almost there gave me goosebumps. That was good.

Maya becomes meta from the artifact

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Barry actually got a W? And without powers?

0_0

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice all the blackhole metas are electromagnetic energy types?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am over Thawne, the next time I care about a Thawne is when they bring back Eddie as Cobalt Blue

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I get them all mixed up a bit. HR was the hipster-ish one, right? Who sacrificed himself and played with drumsticks a lot? So what is the grumpy one from season 2 called? Was that one just Harry?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I get them all mixed up a bit. HR was the hipster-ish one, right? Who sacrificed himself and played with drumsticks a lot? So what is the grumpy one from season 2 called? Was that one just Harry?
Season 3 was HR was the kinda dumb hipster writer who loved coffee

Season 2 and 4 was Harry the grumpy genius

Season 5 was Sherloque who everyone has forgotten because all he really did was drag Nora that one time which was fun