• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Was ready to complain about Geoff typing World Premiers in all caps....but that was OPs decision lol.
Looking forward to TGA.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Preshow is just the show. Gonna be a long one!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are these actual games or, you know, Fortnite skins?

why not both?

keep expectations in check, these things have a pattern. 95 percent of the announcements will be small indie games or new content for existing games. 5 percent will be major new announcements, that is always how it goes, and the major stuff will either be at the very beginning, or very end

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Last year's show was atrocious and I can't take anything Keighley does remotely seriously anymore. He would hype up a glass of water if Activision agreed to sponsor his tweet.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember from 1 or 2 years ago they were giving awards off-screen and proceeded to put more ads instead, I really hope they put more emphasis on the awards and games themselves this time.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
ah the pre show where they rush through half the awards in 30 minutes

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not going to make the same mistake 5 times in a row.

Will go to sleep and watch it with the possibility to skip.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last year's show was atrocious and I can't take anything Keighley does remotely seriously anymore. He would hype up a glass of water if Activision agreed to sponsor his tweet.
Look hes putting on a show, and im sure hes doing the best he can. Im sure he would love for nintendo to agree to announce their next major game at tga's, or sony to show horizon 2 gameplay, or rockstar to announce gta 6, but odds are that wont happen. So yeah, he brings on the little guys who usually have a lot of cool things to show and they actually want to show it. Of course hes going to hype them up, how shitty would it be if he got these indie devs to agree to show off their new games and he then told everyone to temper their expectations for the announcements? Those indie devs would probably feel like shit. As far as sponsors...yeah without them the show couldnt exist, so if activision is a sponsor of the show, then yes you do need to shill for them

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
For Nintendo we need one of these to happen, even if worse case scenario is just dlc character from Smash....

-Smash DLC #3 (S2)
-BotW2 Teaser Trailer
-Bayo 3 Full trailer
-Metroid Prime 4 Teaser

F Zero

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I remember last year, where Nintendo's 2020 lineup was barely known and everyone was like "Nintendo HAS to reveal something here!!" Not discounting Bravely Default II here as I'm sure the team at Square will put out a quality product, but it wasn't the thing that most people were expecting, which was a 1st reveal or DLC 5 for Smash.

So what I'm saying is: keep your expectations low. Maybe don't even expect anything at all. Besides Persona 5 Scramble. That just seems like a shoe-in at this point. Hell, the tweet Altus put out matches up with the dates.

FrsDvl

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's a good show this year, at least we get a performance from Eddie Vedder, so that's more than enough reason to watch. Pre show probably won't be worth watching, but I'll watch it anyway on the off chance they show something good.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
ah the pre show where they rush through half the awards in 30 minutes

imagine you dressed up in tuxedo and told everyone in your family you will be on award show. If you win somehow then geoff comes in takes out the award from his pocket and says thanks for coming here. Everything happening in pre show. I will be very unhappy if i get award like this and not on that stage lol.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Guessing this is where the small stuff goes, maybe the map reveal for Among Us.

Last 2 years was almost a Epic Games Store ad.