OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
Air moving through a resonance body creates sound? who would have thought?

aka ICP Miracles 2020 remix

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
203273703000202.gif

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
You remember all those movies were "we have to resonate at the right frequency for this to work/explode/phase/whatever?"
Well it's ALL TRUE.

tenor.gif

IRL it's cool when I'm teaching instrument classes and some panels/lights starts to vibrate/buzz on specific notes.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017

Would be neat if they just kept it like this.

Would make for a nice prop to a horror story that someone is telling their kids at night:

" .. and to this day, you can sometimes hear the souls of those who jumped to their watery death off the bridge. Screaming in despair for the rest they will never find in the after life. * wind picks up and you can start hearing eerie sounds across the entire bay* "

OP
OP

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
2020 being 2020, this is probably the mating call of some planet humping alien.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
I love this stuff. There's a ton of examples of people hearing creepy unexplained sounds on the internet - granted, quite a few are probably fake, but there's definitely been examples where train tracks, horns and other industrial sounds have managed to resonate through the atmosphere in such a way that it creates creepy Silent Hill-esque noises, especially at night or during winter (which just makes it creepier).

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Wow does that resonate, hurts my ears just listening to it. Can't imagine what it's like on the actual bridge my lord

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
That's got to be well over 100db to hear it that far away. It even gives the PS4 a run for its money.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I love this stuff. There's a ton of examples of people hearing creepy unexplained sounds on the internet - granted, quite a few are probably fake, but there's definitely been examples where train tracks, horns and other industrial sounds have managed to resonate through the atmosphere in such a way that it creates creepy Silent Hill-esque noises, especially at night or during winter (which just makes it creepier).
This one has the perfect name: Zug Island

arstechnica.com

This Canadian city is plagued by an obnoxious humming—and it’s getting worse

Research points to irregular steel mill operations on Zug Island, but questions abound.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, a real-life sequel to The Divine Comedy. The shrieking daemons of hell are upon us!

(bet you the Sonic movie is somehow to blame too. Did somebody bake a pie or something? )

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not have "The Golden Gate Bridge is possessed by demons" on my 2020 Apocalypse bingo card.