• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Only 1 episode a night sounds way better. I'm getting to old to stay up until 1:30am watching double features.

Yeah, I hardly ever make it through to the end of the second movie. I'm guessing analytics show that's not unusual, either.

A new episode every other week, though? Did I read that right? Seems like an odd solution

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Sounds like a good format. I can't remember whether I've been able to stay awake for the second film at all this whole year. Focusing on one and spreading the season out over a longer range with biweekly episodes is all good news imo.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely a fan of one episode a week, not so much every other week airing schedule. Love having JB to look forward to every Friday. Hope this change doesn't hurt the numbers with some potentially falling off. Does AMC have a series that does that where its proven to retain engagement? Seems like an odd move and one to create the illusion of a longer season.

Still, super happy for the shows success and AMC's belief in it, and the move to the Walking Dead lot seems like a great fit. God bless Nicotero and Co.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Cool they're filming in Georgia. I'm glad AMC realized the potential for cross-promotional opportunities with Walking Dead and whatnot. Gives them more incentive to keep the show around.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Hype for more but disappointed in every other week (even if it does work better with my now busier schedule). I liked having something to catch up on every week.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The one movie thing only really works if they do a better job curating the selections. Spreading it out to get people to sub longer is lame.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, glad we have confirmation on a new season. One movie a night works way better for me, being on the east coast means I more often than not just skipped out on the second movie after the trailers.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Im ok with single movies, I wish they were on weekly though. But to have episodes throughout the year is s nice touch. Either way, look forward to geeking out with all of you when this starts back up.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I love the one episode format. I just cant stay up that late anymore. It's 2 am sometime when the second finally ends. This feels much more exciting & I love we've got 3 specials coming too!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that they understand their audience can't stay awake for the second films like we could during the days of MonsterVision and Up All Night.

I also think the every other week format could be both to give JBB and Darcy a break as well as ensuring that they can still make your/convention dates happen.

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that they understand their audience can't stay awake for the second films like we could during the days of MonsterVision and Up All Night.

I also think the every other week format could be both to give JBB and Darcy a break as well as ensuring that they can still make your/convention dates happen.
Easier to program single film blocks, too. I see it as a win.

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally fine with the single film format change, but the every other week schedule is less than ideal.

I think the difference between The Last Drive-In and MonsterVision is Joe Bob is basically given free reign to go as long as he wants during his segments on Shudder, whereas on MonsterVision his segments were rapid fire by comparison to make time for commercials. A single movie on TLDI can almost take as long as two films on MonsterVision. That's why it's so hard to stay awake for a TLDI double feature.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm just glad we're getting more. I was feeling a liiiiiiittle nervous with all of the layoffs at amc.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad we're getting more. I was feeling a liiiiiiittle nervous with all of the layoffs at amc.

I think those suits know that Shudder has carved out a nice chunk in a niche audience, has an ever growing fan base, and TLDI is the thing that draws viewers to the service over anything else. But I get where your nervousness would come from. I thought Shudder might get the axe for a moment.

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think those suits know that Shudder has carved out a nice chunk in a niche audience, has an ever growing fan base, and TLDI is the thing that draws viewers to the service over anything else. But I get where your nervousness would come from. I thought Shudder might get the axe for a moment.

If anything I could see it being folded into AMC+ at some point.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I was already planning to watch Halloween on the 31st as the last film of my month of horror, but I guess I'll shuffle things around 'cause I really wanna see this one.

MadDogTannen

Feb 21, 2023
Editing for TV is hilarious to me

You can show a girl being stabbed to death, but god forbid you see her bare breasts

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So I own this movie on DVD somewhere but hell if I remember anything about it. Love The Smiths getting airplay at the party too.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I always loved how this movie took a different approach then the first film while maintaining everything that made the first special. It's got such a charm to it. Honestly, I might like this one more than the first.