duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Was Rian Johnson taking a shit one day while reading the notes JJ Abrams left him, found himself out of toilet paper, and used the pages about the Knights of Ren to wipe instead? Will the now totally useless and inconsistent flashback scenes in The Force Awakens be retconned and removed in the future 4K HDR re-release? Does Kathleen Kennedy even care about consistency or a trilogy having a unified vision? Discuss.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
If they're Luke's students I think it would be interesting if Rey worked towards redeeming them in IX and uniting them against Kylo.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they'll be Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's praetorian guard in Ep IX.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Well JJ didnt really use them in TFA either which was kinda weird. Maybe they will be a big part of the next movie with Rey hunting them down individually or something.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Last Jedi was hardly a sequel to The Force Awakens. No wonder so much was left unanswered and thrown away.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Another lame 'mystery box' manufactured by JJ that people are upset wasn't resolved.

Deleted member 13131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was Rian Johnson taking a shit one day while reading the notes JJ Abrams left him, found himself out of toilet paper, and used the pages about the Knights of Ren to wipe instead? Will the now totally useless and inconsistent flashback scenes in The Force Awakens be retconned and removed in the future 4K HDR re-release? Does Kathleen Kennedy even care about consistency or a trilogy having a unified vision? Discuss.
TFA left a hajillion threads dangling. TFA caught nearly all of them. It's okay to leave something for the end.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explain to me who the Knights of Ren are, and why they should have been in the Last Jedi, without referencing a book, comic, interview, or some other text outside the films themselves.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that Rian Johnson REALLY didn't like The Force Awakens, and is shoving as much of that under the bus as he can -- Including the Knights of Ren. He's killed off so many stray TFA plot leads that there's no way he wants to continue in that vein in ANY WAY.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Explain to me who the Knights of Ren are, and why they should have been in the Last Jedi, without referencing a book, comic, interview, or some other text outside the films themselves.

They were the Jedi students Ren recruited after destroying Luke's Jedi temple.
  • Rey has a force vision about them
  • Snoke mentions them
I think JJ will bring them back in Ep 9. Kylo needs an apprentice.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The movie is long as is so I guess Johnson didn't feel like putting them in. Probably for the best.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
If you think the Knights of Ren are gonna be anything other than jobbers in the next movie, you got another thing comin'

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing Rian didn't think they need to be in this movie

Also why make a thread about a simple question

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you don't need to see these knights. these aren't characters you're looking for. the last jedi will go about its business, move along.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they become Rens new guard in the next one and we get the raid guys for a few of them.

With helmets of course since Abrams wasted them on that crap scene on the freighter in the last one

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
In the first film there is an exciting flashback of Luke Skywalker fighting a bunch of badass dudes in the rain when the temple was under attack. In the second film there is the same flashback and it was explained that by the time he woke up in the rubble everything was over. When you set up something in a trilogy of films, you're supposed to follow through.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think JJ will bring them in to IX. I mean, he says sort of has to. Kylo is simply not imposing, scary, formidable or powerful on his own.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think JJ will bring them in to IX. I mean, he says sort of has to. Kylo is simply not imposing, scary, formidable or powerful on his own.

Yeah, i also see Hux possibly manouvering to power grab, the Knights will extend Ren reach within the First Order.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rian Johnson is smart

He knew JJ had no answers for the mysteries he set up so he expertly dashed most of them for the movie

But he left just one unanswered question

As a practical joke

Your number is up, JJ

Your shitty mystery box shtick is coming back to haunt you

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Who were the Knights of Ren again? Did we see them in The Force Awakens? I don't remember.
KLqKuz9.gif

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
We have an active OT on the frontage, why create an own thread?

I thought those were the red knights as well, but maybe they just left with him, not necessarily joining him? Maybe they will play a role in 9.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
They will come back in the next episode upon hearing about Snoke's death, only to see Kylo sitting on the throne.

Then
anigif_enhanced-buzz-21388-1372877477-12.gif

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the first film there is an exciting flashback of Luke Skywalker fighting a bunch of badass dudes in the rain when the temple was under attack. In the second film there is the same flashback and it was explained that by the time he woke up in the rubble everything was over. When you set up something in a trilogy of films, you're supposed to follow through.
You got things mixed up.

Luke was not part of the Knights of Ren flashback. That scene in the montage was completely seperate from the temple burning one.

The temple burning scene is when Ben turned. He wasn't Kylo Ren yet. He didn't have the red saber. He took 6 students with him.

The rain scene is when he was fully Ren with the red lightsaber.

It is very clearly a completely different time.

Nov 1, 2017
There was an interview with Rian Johnson today where he said that JJ had literally no plans for any of the story after TFA. Can't really blame Johnson for ignoring mystery boxes set up by JJ that even he didn't know what was inside

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For all the people complaining that Rian Johnson took too many of the mysteries away, this is something that can be used in Episode 9. I would love a scene that shows Jedi Master Rey clowning these fools.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Someone in the OT suggested Ren probably killed them, which why obviously possible, would be super disappointing. Seeing them could be so dope.

Also, there are always two Sith... Ren needs an apprentice.