caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The Knights of Ren really should have been Snoke's guards.

Presumably 'Kylo Ren' is a given name, so the 'Knights of Ren' might not be Kylo's personal squad, but rather a team he was given command of (consisting of 'Timothy Ren', 'Sarah Ren', 'Fredrick Ren', etc). You can wrap that whole hanging tread up pretty neatly.

It wouldn't explain their masks though, which Snoke likely wouldn't approve of.
Since Kylo is the leader he probably turned into a Darth Vader fan club

Snoke doesn't like it but probably let them do it because they get the job done until he lost his patience with Kylo

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they return for EP 9 if not next man up, screen time likely took place for Finn and what's her name.

Oct 27, 2017
We'll learn about them in the new Star Wars cg cartoon "Luke Skywalker's Jedi Training Academy" and see a young Kylo turn and lure his friends to the darkside.

I have not seen TLJ.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
According to the leaked call sheet for The Force Awakens and a leak from the fairly reliable Making Star Wars, Rey's "Forceback" was originally going to feature a little more of the Knights of Ren. The call sheet and the leak tell slightly different tales:

Making Star Wars said:
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub – There is a secret underground chamber and Rose begins her tale to Han, Rey, and Finn. They hold hands.
◾Flashback: Interior Night at Academy – Dead bodies are on the ground. Luke turns up.
◾Flashback: Exterior Dusk at the Afkcademy – It is noted it is peaceful now. Artoo-Detoo is saddened as his master departs.
◾Flashback: Exterior Day at the Savannah – A hand that takes the sword at the start of the film is revealed to be Naka's hand.
◾Flashback: Exterior on the Savannah – A peasant's hovel where the peasant drops the sword, starts a fire, panics and then returns.
◾Flashback: Exterior Desert – Local trader is seen leaving. (I believe it then cuts to Finn and Rey's faces as the story unfolds).
◾Flashback: Exterior Day Desert – Local trader makes a sale to a wealthy man.
◾Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.
◾Flashback: Exterior Night: the last man is down and Kylo Renn approaches Rey!
◾Flashback: THE SEVEN are looting and we see Rose in the foreground taking "the object."
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub: In the underground chamber, Rose presents the saber and Rey is revolted by it while Finn is attracted to it.
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub: Rey moves past aliens in an uproar as she leaves the establishment.
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub: Courtyard: Rey runs away from the castle.
◾Exterior Day: Woods near Roses's pub Rey runs into the woods.
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub: Rose now knows why the saber "came to her."
◾Exterior Day: Woods near Roses's pub BB-8 finds Rey but suddenly the villains are overhead.
◾Interior Day Roses's Pub: In the corridors undernearth the pub they notice Rey and BB-8 are missing as massive shaking begins.
◾Exterior Roses' Pub Plate Shot: From Rey's point of view we see the destruction of the Castle.
◾Exterior Day Rose's Pub – From Rey's Point of view we see Rose's pub is chaotic.
◾Exterior Day Woods Near Rose's Pub – From Rey's perspective we see Rose's Pub ruined. Kylo Ren arrives with Stormtroopers in tow.
◾Note: This pertains: "Interior Day: Roses' Pub hallways beneath the pub, Rose "users her special skills" to defeat Stormtroopers.

Call Sheet said:
EXT DAY - 190 - LANDING PAD JOURNEY • Plates as required for Maz Kanata journey to Maz Kanta's Castle

EXT DAY - 192 - SAVANNAH • Reprise Hand takes sword, we reveal Naka

EXT NIGHT - 193 - SAVANNAH - PEASANT'S HOVEL • Peasant is using the sword as a firestarter

EXT DAY - 194 - SAVANNAH - PEASANT'S HOVEL • Local trader buys sword off of Naka

EXT NIGHT - 195 - SAVANNAH • Local trader already has sold the sword on

EXT NIGHT - 196 - BATTLEFIELD • A battle rages. The sword is being used.

EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training

EXT DAWN - 200 - ACADEMY • Young Kylo Ren being trained by his Uncle

INT NIGHT - 202 - ACADEMY • Bodies left behind - Young Kylo Ren is gone

EXT DAY - 203 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

EXT DUSK - 204 - ACADEMY • R2-D2 upset as his master leaves

EXT NIGHT - 205 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren

EXT DAY - 207 - CASTLE • Reveal Maz Kanata's spectacular Castle

INT DAY - 208 - CASTLE • Maz Kanata walks the group through the Castle interiour

EXT NIGHT - 209 - CASTLE • Kylo Ren and his Knights at campfire. Maz Kanata steals sword

INT DAY - 210 - CASTLE STAIRCASE • Walking down stairs, Maz Kanata reveals she stole it.

EXT NIGHT - 211 - MOUNTAIN SIDE • Reveal Maz Kanata on Speeder, she has the sword

INT DAY - 212 - CASTLE - UNDERGROUND CHAMBER • Finn is drawn toward the object, Rey repelled by it. She bolts

INT DAY - 213 - CASTLE - STAIRCASE • Rey climbs the stairs in need of escape

EXT DAY - 214 - CASTLE • Rey exits castle, head for the woods

INT DAY - 215 - CASTLE - UNDERGROUND CHAMBER • Maz Kanata explains her journey through many lives

EXT DAY - 216 - WOODS - NEAR THE CASTLE • BB-8 finds Rey in the woods. Suddenly bad guys overhead

That leaked call sheet seems to imply that the Knights of Ren existed before Kylo turned and joined them. I believe this is still the truth. The Aftermath book trilogy has included brief stories about a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond that sound suspiciously like they could be the Knights of Ren. They're obsessed with artifacts related to dark side users, especially masks.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree here. If you consider that a mary sue you need to rewatch the ot.
Are you sure?
  • She used Falcon easily by first time. And escaped from First Order Tie-Fighters by professionally.
  • She rescued himself using Mind Control Power. She doesn't even know about Force or how to use it.
  • She's fighting skills in the The Force Awakens was weak. But at the end of the movie, she used lightsaber first time and defeat Kylo Ren with zero training.
  • She pulled the lightsaber without knowing nothing about that skill in the same fight scene.
  • She was knew what to do when she fell into the that dark hole. Despite seeing it for the first time. Not even surprised.
  • She defeat some of the Snoke's Elite Praetorian Guards too easily. Even though she only used lightsaber for the second time. Yeah, Kylo Ren helped, but she fought easily.
  • She saved Kylo Ren after that scene. The man who killed Snoke, the man who was defeated by a guard at the same scene.
  • She saved everybody at the end of the Last Jedi. The girl who started to learn force new. With a power that could move tons of rocks.
That characterization example is very stupid. Her past or family is not interesting me. The problem is, she knows every fucking thing so easily without explaining nothing.

Last edited:

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a movie about space monk espers, but yet a competent woman seems to be the most unbelievable part.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure?
  • She used Falcon easily by first time. And escaped from Tie-Fighter by professionally.
  • She rescued himself using Mind Control Power. She doesn't even know about Force or how to use it.
  • She's fighting skills in the The Force Awakens was weak. But at the end of the movie, she used lightsaber first time and defeat Kylo Ren with zero training.
  • She pulled the lightsaber without knowing nothing about that skill in the same fight scene.
  • She was knew what to do when she fell into the that dark hole. Despite seeing it for the first time. Not even surprised.
  • She defeat some of the Snoke's Elite Praetorian Guards too easily. Even though she only used lightsaber for the second time. Yeah, Kylo Ren helped, but she fought easily.
  • She saved Kylo Ren after that scene. The man who killed Snoke, the man who was defeated by a guard at the same scene.
  • She saved everybody at the end of the Last Jedi. The girl who started to learn force new. With a power that could move tons of stones.
That characterization example is very stupid. Her past or family is not interesting me. The problem is, she knows every fucking thing so easily without explaining nothing.

She fought some punk kid , didn't blow up star killer base, didn't kill the supposed main villain, didn't even help blow up the big super weapon because Chewie and Han did that. Her entire story is tied to Kylo and discovering her powers. Everyone else (ie: non force users) did the heavy lifting in TFA, and Kylo did Snoke.

This is the power level shit I'm talking about. From a Macro story standpoint, Luke did way more in 1 movie than she did in two. He shot some torpedo in a hole no one thought was possible and others died trying. But no, we're more concerned about how she can fly the Falcon or can resist Kylo reading her mind.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
According to the leaked call sheet for The Force Awakens and a leak from the fairly reliable Making Star Wars, Rey's "Forceback" was originally going to feature a little more of the Knights of Ren. The call sheet and the leak tell slightly different tales:

That leaked call sheet seems to imply that the Knights of Ren existed before Kylo turned and joined them. I believe this is still the truth. The Aftermath book trilogy has included brief stories about a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond that sound suspiciously like they could be the Knights of Ren. They're obsessed with artifacts related to dark side users, especially masks.
Lol I love TLJ didn't give the EU the chance to make Ben's mask some kind of sith alchemy artifact. No its a dumb random mask Ren wears to try and look cool and Snoke roasted his ass for it.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Vader being Lukes dad heightened the drama and the stakes.
I agree.

Killing Snoke and Luke, Reys parents are nobody, Kylo doubling down on seizing dark power, these things greatly lowered the drama and the stakes.
I totally disagree. Snoke was presented as being far more composed than Ren is. The First Order are now lead by a pissy man child who flips on a dime. In terms of The First Order versus The Rebellion, I think going into IX, we're in a much more interesting position.

Rey's parents being nobody of note also raises the stakes. It removes the element of genetics. The greatest living Jedi? Just some random woman who's been a force user all of two days. Rey will remain the protagonist, but they've opened it up to a huge potential in terms of new force using support characters.

We now know Kylo and Rey won't be switching sides, and Kylo always loses and Rey always wins.
Rey will win, yes, good will win out, it is a family friendly film, after all. And so were the originals. There was never any doubt that the Jedi were going to defeat the bad guys in the original trilogy either. I don't see that as a fair criticism. It's not about the destination, we know that already, it's about the journey. As for either of them flipping, I disagree that it's not a possibility.

There is literally no drama and no reason to care going into 9. We all know Rey is going to win, and thats the only fight that matters. Going into Return of the Jedi Han was probably dead and Luke was the weaker Jedi grappling with the crazy truth that the villain was his dad. Yeah people need to stop with the Empire comparisons. Actually THAT idea is more Star Wars nerdery than what the critics are saying.
No, Han wasn't probably dead. They specifically state that the freezing worked. Luke was weaker, yes, but again, the good guy wins, so no, that's not any different.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'that is more crazy', comparing the film to Empire? Personally, I think it had more in common with Jedi, but in the specific instance that poster mentioned, I think it was countered by the fact that Empire had done something similar. Of course people are going to compare them though. Star Wars 'nerds' or otherwise. And for that matter, I would consider myself anything but a Star Wars nerd, there's three films I quite like out of nine, and none I'd consider great. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's right. JJ confirmed they existed before Kylo joined them in the lead-up to TFA's release.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
So they were just stashing the sith-like gear before the attack just in case they switched sides, and changed up before they finished the attack?

The rain shot taking place during the temple attack would make even less sense that some of the nonsense in TLJ, especially with what we know now.
Well that kind of my point. Obviously you wouldn't stash gear 'just in case' which highlights that JJ Abrams envisaged the scene playing out differently to how it goes down in TLJ. It was a premeditated strike with the Knights of Ren not a spur of the moment thing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Well that kind of my point. Obviously you wouldn't stash gear 'just in case' which highlights that JJ Abrams envisaged the scene playing out differently to how it goes down in TLJ. It was a premeditated strike with the Knights of Ren not a spur of the moment thing.
Apparently there was a deleted scene or unfinished where they were on a mission so it's probably separate than the actual attack

Oct 27, 2017
She fought some punk kid , didn't blow up star killer base, didn't kill the supposed main villain, didn't even help blow up the big super weapon because Chewie and Han did that. Her entire story is tied to Kylo and discovering her powers. Everyone else (ie: non force users) did the heavy lifting in TFA, and Kylo did Snoke.

This is the power level shit I'm talking about. From a Macro story standpoint, Luke did way more in 1 movie than she did in two. He shot some torpedo in a hole no one thought was possible and others died trying. But no, we're more concerned about how she can fly the Falcon or can resist Kylo reading her mind.

Anytime people bring this up I wonder if they actually read what they've wrote, because it will never not sound ridiculous. The shot was hard because the timing was hard, that's it and giving you supernatural reflexes and some level of precognition are the types of vague abilities all force users have (and I believe the stated reason why they're the only people attempting to use weapons as dangerous as light sabers)

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Anytime people bring this up I wonder if they actually read what they've wrote, because it will never not sound ridiculous. The shot was hard because the timing was hard, that's it and giving you supernatural reflexes and some level of precognition are the types of vague abilities all force users have (and I believe the stated reason why they're the only people attempting to use weapons as dangerous as light sabers)

Are you implying I am sounding ridiculous? I can't tell. Just as a primer, Obi-Wan told Luke is turn off his targeting computer and use the force. You can imply a ton of things from there and it's not just 'reflexes'

As I noted previously, the elephant in the room here is ANH was written as a standalone film, when the Force itself was not very well defined and later retconned by Lucas to be much much more, so trying to measure power levels by what people can do in specific movies is pretty meaningless.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
The Knights are under Ben and Ben hasn't really been the sort of character that seems like should be leading anything so far. In a more mature role as the supreme leader, and more confident in himself, it will be easier to portray him in a leadership role over the Knights in IX.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, if J.J. reveals this in IX and then completely ignores the 'couple of students' Ren took off with, I'm now calling the 'what happened to Luke's students' thread in two years.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Are you implying I am sounding ridiculous? I can't tell. Just as a primer, Obi-Wan told Luke is turn off his targeting computer and use the force. You can imply a ton of things from there and it's not just 'reflexes'

As I noted previously, the elephant in the room here is ANH was written as a standalone film, when the Force itself was not very well defined and later retconned by Lucas to be much much more, so trying to measure power levels by what people can do in specific movies is pretty meaningless.
The thing is his reflexes are guided by the force. All Obi-Wan did was have Luke trust his abilities, not have him specifically "use" the force. He didn't have to channel the force within himself. He just needed to trust his abilities that are guided by the force rather than trust a computer.
Comparing that to mind control and lifting objects with the force is pretty ridiculous. Especially when you claim that is more impressive than what Rey has done.

Regarding the Knights of Ren I always took it as a group where dark users take their Ren name from. Not followers of Kylo Ren.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
oooh maybe this explains the force kid at the end of TLJ, since every force user needs a counterpart in the dark side and vice versa.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more interested in how Kylo got Vader's mask. And what happened to it.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'm more interested in how Kylo got Vader's mask. And what happened to it.
He was Luke's student. Luke almost certainly told him in great detail about the end of Vader's life. So he probably went to look for the pyre and retrieved the mask. I doubt there's anything interesting in the story.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rain scene from TFA doesn't have anything to do with Ben slaughtering the Jedi. The original script for TFA had everyone hunting Luke's lightsaber, not a map to Ahch-To, and the Knights were presumably fighting some clan who had possession of the lightsaber at that time but it slipped away into the hands of Maz. The whole sequence was basically originally to show how the lightsaber came to Takodana. JJ reorganized everything and now that part of the Forceback is just the Knights killing some clan for some unknown reason. The only part of the Forceback that has to do with the Jedi massacre is the shot of Luke and R2.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least Lucas had a plan even if his plan sucked. Episode 1-3 had a clear plotline to OT. TFA and TLJ may as well be completely different.

Guessing Rian didn't think they need to be in this movie

Also why make a thread about a simple question

better then another Trump thread? We can have a dozen Trump threads but, not of this?

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
At this point they might as well not even bring them back for IX. We know Rey is OP as fuck but I can't imagine they'll be able to craft a plausible scenario where she'll be able to take out Kylo and all the knights in one movie.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Kylo was the crown jewel for Smoke which is he kept him close. The others are most likely scattered throughout the Galaxy doing butcher's work. You have to remember that this war is happening in an entire Galaxy.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Yeah, but Snoke still refers to Kylo Ren as their master:

"Even you, master of the Knights of Ren, have never faced such a test."