Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Biggest point of disappointment for me:

The controller clicking sound when you press the flashlight is gone :(

jokes aside, im around 19 hours in and just started

Seattle Day 2 as abby, she just had the dream about the kids

How much do I roughly have left? I tried searching but most of the results were from the spoiler thread.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I think I'm somewhere over the half point and it's still a marvel what they squeezed out of the PS4 (pro). Best things are still sound and the facial expressions. They are so detailed and nuanced and help to make it more "authentic" and not just gamey.
Chapeau ND.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest point of disappointment for me:

The controller clicking sound when you press the flashlight is gone :(

jokes aside, im around 19 hours in and just started

Seattle Day 2 as abby, she just had the dream about the kids

How much do I roughly have left? I tried searching but most of the results were from the spoiler thread.
Around 9 hours or so.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
anyone know the name of the fitness model abby was said to be modeled after?

Colleen Fotsch.

In awe at the size of this lass. Absolute unit.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Anyone noticed how much darker, violent and sinister the soundtrack is compared to part one? Gustavo and Mac done such an amazing job.
(Needless to say to ignore the comment section unless you've finished the game.)

And the slow built-up to a predator-like rhythm and aggressive, vengeful sounds in The Island:

Also, some tracks, like They're Still Out There sounds, like they were made for Mad Max: Fury Road. Absolute brilliant stuff.

malingenie

Oct 29, 2017
Got to the point where the
narrative focus changes
. To me it resonated excellently. Just like in TLOU1, the ludo-narrative dissonance is heavy, but in this game it actually is addressed in the craziest way possible. Couldn't love this brazen approach more. It is giving me serious feels.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
How far into the game am I?
Just left the two small asian kids in the cabin

Also the
Forest level, holy fuck. That was insane. The scariest horror I've ever played

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
2 light spoiler questions, 1 about remaining length

1. Ive just returned to base after playing as Abby when they were rescued. How long do I have left at a moderate pace
2. Do I play the rest of the game up to the ending now as Abby? simple yes or no will suffice please.

Really, really not enjoying playing as her. It was a bold move to do this, and I can see it working for some people, but unfortunately I have next to zero interest in this section whatsoever.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
2 light spoiler questions, 1 about remaining length

1. Ive just returned to base after playing as Abby when they were rescued. How long do I have left at a moderate pace
2. Do I play the rest of the game up to the ending now as Abby? simple yes or no will suffice please.

Really, really not enjoying playing as her. It was a bold move to do this, and I can see it working for some people, but unfortunately I have next to zero interest in this section whatsoever.
1. That's... maybe 60-65%. 10 or so hours.

No

How far into the game am I after the hospital chapter in %? Loving the game so far.
About 40%

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Sorry if this has been discussed before but really, if 244 pages want daunting enough, I really didn't want to chance on any possible Spoilers (even though this is the spoiler free thread).

I'm currently at:

Seattle Day 1. Literally just got off the horse.

My question isn't related to the story, but rather one of the display options. I'm playing on a 1080p LED TV, so no HDR (welp). The picture looks a bit smudgy, does that mean I need to turn down the motion blur? A bit clueless here. Thanks!

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like laughing and crying at the same time cuz I woke up this morning so excited to continue after finishing day 1 last night and I realized I accidentally DELETED the game instead of just closing the game (I usually just turn off the PS4, I have no idea how I deleted it and I don't remember the deleting screen either). Regardless, now I gotta download the game again which will take at least half the day with this size. Sad, i haven't played it since release and barely done any gaming for the last month and now this happens 😂

but anyway, the game is fantastic so far. I did experience a bug, seemingly. When you first come across a new enemy, somehow my camera got locked and Ellie could only look forward. I should've just restarted the check point but I went for the exit and got through so I may have missed some items, ah well. But the bug/camera was fixed after the cutscene which was nice.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I literally just finished the game. The credits are rolling as I'm typing this. My god this experience was something else. I loved every second of it, but ugh it breaks my heart 50 different ways. I feel so sad right now. I have this huge knot in my throat, like I experienced real tragedy as this beautiful music plays me out. It's crazy that a game can make me feel this way. :(

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to jump back in and start the second part of the game. Assuming it's just my tv being weird but are there audio sync issues
leaving the stadium the conversation in the back of the truck didn't line up at all
? Seemed really bad but feel like it was probably just on my end

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to jump back in and start the second part of the game. Assuming it's just my tv being weird but are there audio sync issues
leaving the stadium the conversation in the back of the truck didn't line up at all
I kinda noticed the same thing at that part but it seems to have sorted itself out now.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)

I did not have this issue so not sure what is going on there. Are you running sound through an ARC connection to a soundbar or something? That has been the culprit for me in the past and I had to do some reconfigurations for it to work right.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Just hit the beginning of Day 2 B-Side on survivor mode. The game is surprisingly easy compared to TLOU1 on grounded mode.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to get another progress check...

Ellie just left the farm for Cali. Called it a day after the cutscene with Abby and Lev.

Loving it, I just want to start watching all the spoliercasts lol.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
16h in and I believe I got to the "controversial" part where the perspective switches from Ellie to Abby. I didn't know about it and I don't mind it at all actually. How far into the game am I roughly right now?

Awesome game so far by the way. I think it's head and shoulders above the first one. Better story, better characters, better acting, better gamplay, better exploration, better everything. I couldn't name a single thing I preferred in TloU1.

edit: Why's this OT so dead actually?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
16h in and I believe I got to the "controversial" part where the perspective switches from Ellie to Abby. I didn't know about it and I don't mind it at all actually. How far into the game am I roughly right now?

Awesome game so far by the way. I think it's head and shoulders above the first one. Better story, better characters, better acting, better gamplay, better exploration, better everything. I couldn't name a single thing I preferred in TloU1.

edit: Why's this OT so dead actually?
You're roughly halfway

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to get another progress check...

Ellie just left the farm for Cali. Called it a day after the cutscene with Abby and Lev.

Loving it, I just want to start watching all the spoliercasts lol.

About an hour or so left perhaps, depending how long you spend poking around. Took me a couple of hours from there to finish because I go slow.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just started and finished the first chapter. All the hostility surrounding the game kinda scared me away for a while, but I had to finally see what all the fuss was about. Visually this has to be the most beautiful game I've ever played, not that I'm surprised. Everything's so smooth. Having just replayed the remaster really helps me appreciate all the little improvements too.

Joel: "Lemme tell ya, back in my day I had to kill Clicker's with a flimsy ass shiv or a non-stealthy brick to the face. Kids today got their dodging and their slow motion ninja shit... hell, this just ain't a game for old men anymore."

So yeah, I pretty much already knew Abby would kill Joel. I'd been trying to avoid all spoiler talk about the game but I still ran into her name a lot, and since there seemed to be so much "controversy" swirling around her, coupled with literally everyone speculating Joel would die for months, it wasn't exactly hard to put things together...

But it still didn't prepare me. The feeling of dread during those moments was so intense. I was fully team Joel through Part 1's ending... I would've loved another game with him as a playable character, to see him get more time with Ellie, but I have to respect the bold direction. Women are so often killed off in stories to give men motivation, so it's interesting to see a rare reversal of that. I definitely hate Abby at the moment, so if their goal was to make the player feel Ellie's pain and rage, they certainly succeeded with me. I have no clue what to expect from here though so I'm excited and scared.

Ugh and when Ellie went through his house... smelled his jacket... godammit I'm tearing up again.

I think I'll just cry into my pillow for a bit and hopefully I'll recover enough to play more tomorrow.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm finally going to be starting this tonight. Completed Persona 5 Royal finally. Pretty much did VII remake, Xenoblade DE, And P5 Royal all back to back like 3-4 hours a night. Anyway, this is going to be a different ride. I loved Last of Us 1 so much that I played it like 4 times but with all the things i'm hearing about 2 it's definitely going to be a very uncomfortable experience. I'm sure I will love the game but let me prepare a strong stomach in case.....

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever as many "how much do I have left?" posts in a thread. I would never want to know exactly how much I have left for this game.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally going to be starting this tonight. Completed Persona 5 Royal finally. Pretty much did VII remake, Xenoblade DE, And P5 Royal all back to back like 3-4 hours a night. Anyway, this is going to be a different ride. I loved Last of Us 1 so much that I played it like 4 times but with all the things i'm hearing about 2 it's definitely going to be a very uncomfortable experience. I'm sure I will love the game but let me prepare a strong stomach in case.....
Have a pillow or something to hold to be ready.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok wtf am I missing...

What is going on with the fucking TERMINATOR BLOATER in this flashback sequence. I've thrown all my molotov's at it, crafted more molotov's and threw those at it, got headshot after headshot, and the fucker still WON'T GO DOWN. I ain't even playing on hard, this was supposed to be my easy breezy playthrough. Halp.

Edit: Figured it out. Apparently I died too soon the first time, so I kept resetting every time I got grabbed after that since I hate watching death sequences lol. That was some bullshit game design tbh. Loving the game otherwise though. Can't put it down.

Last edited:

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Oh my god! How good can a game can be? I just arrived at the park. Day 2. I don't want this to end. Amazing game. It may actually be better than the 1st. I just can't get enough.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever as many "how much do I have left?" posts in a thread. I would never want to know exactly how much I have left for this game.
I think it has to do with the game being significantly longer than most people expect. I feel like I beat TLOU1 in like 14 hours and this one I'm at 20 and I think I still have a fair amount to go.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
I think I'm having problems with the audio, everything seems quite staticky with the ambient OST.

Using HyperX Cloud II's with 7.1 turned on.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god! How good can a game can be? I just arrived at the park. Day 2. I don't want this to end. Amazing game. It may actually be better than the 1st. I just can't get enough.
It doesn't really feel like a sequel to me. It feels just another chapter. That's not a bad thing. I enjoyed the first game a lot.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy cliffhanger...

I'm starting to wonder if almost the entire game takes place in Seattle... not that that's a terrible thing, but it's definitely not something I expected.

That cliffhanger though. I can understand the appeal from a storytelling perspective, and I'm enjoying the flashback sequences in general, but personally I hate reaching a climax where lives are on the line and having the story go "y'know what, let's put a pin in that and come back to it 10-15 hours later~" Or at least I'm assuming I'll have to play through the same 3 days as Abby now before I find out what happens between her and Ellie.

And I expected it, but I'm not thrilled that the game's gonna try to force me to sympathize with Abby when I'd much prefer continuing to slay all day with Ellie. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at young Abby telling her father, "If it were me, I'd totally want you to sacrifice me for humanity." Gee, how noble of you to make this hypothetical sacrifice to help daddy feel better about killing a little girl, Ms. Complicit.

It's not hard to see the parallels being drawn between Abby and Ellie. Both driven by the loss of a father figure, their stubborn thirst for revenge and what it costs them, the friends pulled into their chaos (RIP Jesse ;_;), Dina and Mel's pregnancies... It certainly makes some compelling drama. I need to know how this shit ends but unfortunately I have to sleep at some point.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Have a pillow or something to hold to be ready.

based on the first three hours of the game.... yeah oh god i'm not ready at all.

Holy fuckkkkkk Joel. Jesus Christ. I like the perspective thing they are doing but ever since the scene where Owen and Abby are tracking Joel I had a very bad feeling. And Jesus Christ the clickers are even more terrifying than the first game. Oh man I won't be surprised if this game makes me so uncomfortable I start to rush it.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
I pulled the trigger last week on grabbing Ellie's Taylor 314ce guitar. $2400 isn't chump change, but I'm excited to get it!

I already have a Martin D-18, but couldn't resist getting this item from the game since it's such a big item for the story and connects Joel & Ellie. I've been practicing Future Days and excited to play it on the Taylor.

314-TLOUII.png

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
based on the first three hours of the game.... yeah oh god i'm not ready at all.

Holy fuckkkkkk Joel. Jesus Christ. I like the perspective thing they are doing but ever since the scene where Owen and Abby are tracking Joel I had a very bad feeling. And Jesus Christ the clickers are even more terrifying than the first game. Oh man I won't be surprised if this game makes me so uncomfortable I start to rush it.
You don't know what you're in for. Keep us updated as you go along.