• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
zp19GXJ.png

When fourteen year-old Emiru and Sora Hoshi found a meteorite in the woods outside Kyoto, touching it imbued them both with the power of astrokinesis: the ability to take starlight and turn into energy! Taken into custody by the Society of Champions, Tesseracter mentored the kids on how to use their power safely and wisely, though his over-protective nature eventually drove them away. Now they live on the streets trying to find meaning and purpose in their powers.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What difficulty level will you be playing on? Probably the default for the first run.

Apparently Normal is a bit too easy, so I'll probably be doing a Hard run myself. Was tempted to take a stab at Survivor, but worried the lack of supplies might limit my ability to experiment with combat for a first play through.

I plan to do Hard, followed by Grounded (coming in a later patch).

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Could Part II also implemented MGSV camera zoom?

I've seen this twice on State of Play gameplay & the Brazilian other b-roll footage.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
GameReactor Swedens editor is 14 hours into it and he is gushing over it. He cant say much obviously but he keeps repeating how amazingly good it is. The first game is his favorite game ever and he believed he had unrealistic high expectations going into part 2. He claims part 2 has lived up to his expectations based on the preview demo area.

To quote and translate his recent blog post:
"It. Is. Incredible...
Ive now played 14 hours and I obviously cannot speak about anything outside of what we are allowed to say. But I just want to inform that this game is completely phenomenal. Soooo full of humanity, excitement, character, variation and tension."

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
GameReactor Swedens editor is 14 hours into it and he is gushing over it. He cant say much obviously but he keeps repeating how amazingly good it is. The first game is his favorite game ever and he believed he had unrealistic high expectations going into part 2. He claims part 2 has lived up to his expectations based on the preview demo area.

"It. Is. Incredible...
Ive now played 14 hours and I obviously cannot speak about anything outside of what we are allowed to say. But I just want to inform that this game is completely phenomenal. Soooo full of humanity, excitement, character, variation and tension."
I'm really starting to believe in a 96-97 metacritic score now lol. The hype quotes give me life.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

"It. Is. Incredible...
Great to hear. I think the only problem with TLoU2 is that it might be too good.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
I think general consensus will be that this is better than Part 1 quite safely. But I do think Meta will land on 92-94 because of how daring this game seems to be. It is bound to piss off some people. I remember Troy Baker saying he isnt sure if people will love or hate it and how he urges everyone to have an open mind about it.

Hope I'm wrong though and it hits 99 haha.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I think general consensus will be that this is better than Part 1 quite safely. But I do think Meta will land on 92-94 because of how daring this game seems to be. It is bound to piss off some people. I remember Troy Baker saying he isnt sure if people will love or hate it and how he urges everyone to have an open mind about it.

I thought that too at first, but all the previews I've read were almost exclusively positive about the game.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
What difficulty level will you be playing on? Probably the default for the first run.
First game I played 50% on grounded difficulty then changed to survivor because check points were more punishing than DS1,it was very fun but I'm not sure if I should go for survivor difficulty on 1st playthrough here because if the story is too good it would break the pacing assuming that you are repeating some sections many times, I also hate customized difficulty I would like to play how the devolpers intended the game to be played I.E Fromsoft, Platnuim games.. etc. obviously not like AC.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I think I'll play it on hard but I like listening mode so only if I can use that. I'm gonna take my time with this one but probably still finish it in a week. The first is scarily addictive and I can easily sit and play it for five hours at a time.

Usually I don't play games on hard but I feel like it'll heighten the stakes and sell the scenarios better than the normal mode which is reportedly quite easy.

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I have pre-ordered tlou2 but due to risk of spoilers I haven't followed preview or any diskussion about the game. Just curious about what the general opinion is about the game? No spoilers.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I have pre-ordered tlou2 but due to risk of spoilers I haven't followed preview or any diskussion about the game. Just curious about what the general opinion is about the game? No spoilers.

(1) Pretty much everyone is gushing over it, and (2) "Normal" is slightly too easy.

Apr 29, 2020
I think it will be between 93-97. More is complicated. But man, I'm playing now RDR2 and I see TLOU2 and wow, Its hard to compare bc the world (post-apocaliptic and western are pretty different) but it looks soooo good, I just cant wait to use the photo mode all the time

Sep 21, 2019
I wonder if he has reached the supposedly controversial leak part. I haven't read any leak yet, but do we know if the leak is from early part of the game or in the latter half?

The most controversial part of the leak occurs in the first third of the game. He seems to be past it.

The slightly less controversial part of the leak occurs in the second half of the game. Unsure but unlikely he is there yet.

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
I'm interested to know how riding the horse feels in comparison to RDR 2. I love how open everything seems. On an unrelated note, do you all think Cyperpunk has any chance of beating this out for GOTY? Both of them look absolutely amazing.

Sep 21, 2019
Funny. I just started Uncharted Lost Legacy and so far so good. Only played an hour tho so curious to see how this compares to Uncharted 4 and ofc TLoU2 when I do play it

Lost Legacy is better than Uncharted 4 and the best Uncharted behind second one.

The ending features the best extended set piece of the entire series, imo.

Sep 23, 2019
I'm interested to know how riding the horse feels in comparison to RDR 2. I love how open everything seems. On an unrelated note, do you all think Cyperpunk has any chance of beating this out for GOTY? Both of them look absolutely amazing.
Both games will have a very high Chance of winning GOTY
Its gonna be a very close battle.
Imo i Think Cyperpunk may edge it out in the end as its a farely new setting for a AAA game and Looks to be amazing aswell.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
My hype for Cyberpunk deflated after the last gameplay showing. The combat seems a bit sluggish. It still looks really good though and I think the hype alone is going to make it a big Goty contender.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Did naughty dog dumb down the A.I again before release like last time?! I hope not but i am not seeing that A.I praise like september previews!

Sep 21, 2019
Did naughty dog dumb down the A.I again before release like last time?! I hope not but i am not seeing that A.I praise like september previews!

They did not dumb down the AI. The AI's perception and awareness is tuned to difficulty setting. A lot of reviewers are playing on normal, which gives a more generous window with the AI. One reviewer reported playing on survivor difficulty and that the AI will look behind them A LOT more frequently in an attempt to prevent the player from easily exploiting a back stab.

Also, many reviewers have praised the AI and said it is the most advanced they have ever seen in a game. Particular praise has been given to the way the AI communicate with each other to find Ellie, much like what was shown in the E3 2018 presentation:

From GQ article impressions: " Enemies respond in a way that's more realistic and convincing than anything I've seen in a video game before. It's the communication between the enemies that I think is most impressive."

www.gq-magazine.co.uk

The Last Of Us Part II is a gory, stealthy game-changer… so far

We played The Last Of Us Part II and are permitted to discuss a crucial portion of the game ahead of its release…

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
is there any word on the length? if it's another 15-20 hour game then i'm waiting for a sale.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think Troy's comment was about the story specifically. On the gameplay and overall design side, all we've heard is 100% positivity.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
They did not dumb down the AI. The AI's perception and awareness is tuned to difficulty setting. A lot of reviewers are playing on normal, which gives a more generous window with the AI. One reviewer reported playing on survivor difficulty and that the AI will look behind them A LOT more frequently in an attempt to prevent the player from easily exploiting a back stab.

Also, many reviewers have praised the AI and said it is the most advanced they have ever seen in a game. Particular praise has been given to the way the AI communicate with each other to find Ellie, much like what was shown in the E3 2018 presentation:

From GQ article impressions: " Enemies respond in a way that's more realistic and convincing than anything I've seen in a video game before. It's the communication between the enemies that I think is most impressive."

www.gq-magazine.co.uk

The Last Of Us Part II is a gory, stealthy game-changer… so far

We played The Last Of Us Part II and are permitted to discuss a crucial portion of the game ahead of its release…
That's interesting . If it's not too much to ask can you link me another source that is praising the human AI . Thanks!

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My hype for Cyberpunk deflated after the last gameplay showing. The combat seems a bit sluggish. It still looks really good though and I think the hype alone is going to make it a big Goty contender.
Cyberpunk is an RPG. Even though it's first person, the combat was never gonna be a crazy snappy tight agile fare.