• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
I have to admit I wasn't to hot in regards to Osborne for most of the first game. I think he sounds kind of muted in that game (or maybe is just me being weird) and kinda put that on the performance. But when he's doing the speech at the end of the first game... man, he was amazing. He was perfectly cast.

Like, just listen to his last lines from CSIII in the CSIV trailer, he's soooooooo good.

I just can't imagine anyone else will nail it this hard, even if they're good, which is a shame as after like 7 games of build up we finally have him as the primary antagonist from the get go.

I'm just hoping it won't be another Millium situation, where the new actress just removed all the energy and fun from the character that Ashly Burch delivered flawlessly.

Oct 27, 2017
I have to admit I wasn't to hot in regards to Osborne for most of the first game. I think he sounds kind of muted in that game (or maybe is just me being weird) and kinda put that on the performance. But when he's doing the speech at the end... man, he was amazing. He was perfectly cast.

Like, just listen to his last lines from CSIII in the CSIV trailer, he's soooooooo good.

I just can't imagine anyone else will nail it this hard, even if they're good, which is a shame as after like 7 games of build up we finally have him as the primary antagonist from the get go.

I'm just hoping it won't be another Millium situation, where the new actress just removed all the energy and fun from the character than Ashly Burch delivered flawlessly.

His performance is amazing indeed. Unfortunately, Peter Beckman is 74 and with a pandemic on, it was probably not a good time to try and get him back for this.

Apparently, some European retailers have broken ship date and are already shipping copies of the game. It would be amazing timing for me if it were to show up tomorrow after completing ToCS3 this evening XD

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Osborne new voice here

You must never judge from short clips or even out of context lines, but tentatively:

- McBurn sounds too soft in this clip, but seems like a decent enough fit with Max's portrayal.

- Osborne's seems like a completely different take on the manerisms of the character, although as I said, not judging yet.

And a bit of a tanget, but Alberich's is also another VA that I really, really like. He sells that sense of supperiority so well.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Just got an email that my copy of ToCS4 has been dispatched and should be here in the next few days!

Hope you got it by now. I'm bummed that ordering the limited edition apparently has me suffering for it because I won't get it until the week after next. That being said.... I did end up using that psn gift card to double dip and buy the game digitally...😅

Oct 27, 2017
Hope you got it by now. I'm bummed that ordering the limited edition apparently has me suffering for it because I won't get it until the week after next. That being said.... I did end up using that psn gift card to double dip and buy the game digitally...😅
Yep, arrived yesterday! Been playing it for several hours since work finished.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
So I'm playing CS3 on switch and think I've encountered a bug. During chapter 2, when you're auditing the Orbal store, no matter what I do, after a few minutes of talking to the characters there, the game freezes and a small loading icon appears in the corner but just doesn't progress. I've tried three times to get past this store section but I can't. Is this a known bug?

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
So I'm playing CS3 on switch and think I've encountered a bug. During chapter 2, when you're auditing the Orbal store, no matter what I do, after a few minutes of talking to the characters there, the game freezes and a small loading icon appears in the corner but just doesn't progress. I've tried three times to get past this store section but I can't. Is this a known bug?

Not that I have heard of (I played the ps4 version of the game tho). If nobody else knows anything about it ur best chances of getting to nisa about it is joining their discord channel (link should be on their Twitter bio). The people who did the Switch port are pretty competent or so I have heard so maybe they can fix it.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
Not that I have heard of (I played the ps4 version of the game tho). If nobody else knows anything about it ur best chances of getting to nisa about it is joining their discord channel (link should be on their Twitter bio). The people who did the Switch port are pretty competent or so I have heard so maybe they can fix it.
So I managed to get through it by putting it on high speed mode, skipping the dialogue, and just getting out of that building