• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, I'm gonna ask some stupid but relatively complex question.

I seem to recall that when you press select ("edit pin") right after putting a pin with the spyglass, that the pin you just placed was "selected" (i.e. the map cursor was right on top of it) so that you could edit it right away. This behavior seems to have been changed. Now when I press select right after putting a pin, the map just opens right where Link is.

For the record, I played the game for about 120h on WiiU and I'm pretty certain that's how it worked on that platform at the time. Of course I doubled dipped on Switch and here I am, wondering if it's a platform difference, something which was broken by a patch since then, a stupid-ass option I'm not seeing, or just maybe something that unlocks after progressing a bit with the Sheikah Slate upgrades. Or I'm just using it wrong? But I can't see how. How complex can Zelda be?

Help me Era, this is bothering me way more than it should.
Ok, found my answer. I can confirm that this is a glitch introduced in a previous patch which also happens on WiiU but only happens with standard HUD.

Thanks Nintendo!

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Enjoying it so far, but the combat is pretty mediocre at best. Like dude with small weapons being able to hit you while you doing your charge attack (not prepping it, doing it). Luckily you can run past everything. In shrines I just run past the robot things. I am also only getting decent items from the floating platform. How do I make it interesting or engaging? Not the cheap "limit your heart" thing either. I only have four and everything still one shots me lol.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I can't believe how amazing this game is. I started my playthrough last week and I'm in complete awe of this masterpiece. I made the questionable decision of a Master Mode first run and I'd say it was the right decision for me. While direct engagement is cheap and results in lots of broken weapons, the health regeneration of enemies really forces you to be creative in your approach and fully utilize external damage sources. I recently discovered the wonder of trampling enemies while horseback riding, which is my second favorite approach next to bombing enemies off a cliff/into a body of water. I haven't even reached Kakariko Village despite playing a good amount of hours. I have however made my way to Hyrule Castle. I enjoyed listening to the awesome track while getting my ass handed to me by the baddies inside.

I haven't played a LoZ game since Twilight Princess in '06. It's been a long time, so long I thought I was over Link and his adventures. BotW has reinvigorated my love for this franchise. Just, wow.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
They should have kept everything but inflated HP. Its just bad design, especially for weak combat mechanics to begin with. I am going to stick with it because at some point I will get weapons more than 50 damage right?

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Master Mode is a disappointment. The game's balance wasn't made with such changes in mind. It is not fun: it is just tedious, especially when the fighting aspect isn't BotW's forte.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'll just never understand the combat complaints.

To me it's basically the best thing in the game. No two battles are ever the same. It's so dynamic and you feel like you're improvising with the environment/situation every time.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I like the combat in this so much more than past 3D Zeldas. It's so fast and fluid compared to the plodding of the previous entries.

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
So, how is this game without patching it? I'm borrowing a Switch + Mario Odyssey from a friend of mine, and today I borrowed Breath of the Wild from another friend. The thing is, my friend who owns the Switch does not want me to update his console as he has thought he might test homebrew or something some day.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
While I find the combat to be pretty enjoyable, it definitely has its share of issues.

I think the overall balance is right where I want it to be. Combat is actually a small part of the game. You spend much more time traveling, collecting various more-or-less useful stuff, so, well, exploring, and doing a few quests of course, such as solving riddles, than actually fighting baddies.

So while the combat isn't exactly great, it's simple enough to not get in the way while still providing just enough options to be able to break up the pace of just "hit it until HP reaches zero, while eating food as necessary".

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
While I find the combat to be pretty enjoyable, it definitely has its share of issues.

I think the overall balance is right where I want it to be. Combat is actually a small part of the game. You spend much more time traveling, collecting various more-or-less useful stuff, so, well, exploring, and doing a few quests of course, such as solving riddles, than actually fighting baddies.

So while the combat isn't exactly great, it's simple enough to not get in the way while still providing just enough options to be able to break up the pace of just "hit it until HP reaches zero, while eating food as necessary".

Which I think the regular mode is perfect. MM doesn't seem to add much "difficulty" and is hampering the creative ways to kill everything because everything is a HP sponge.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Which I think the regular mode is perfect. MM doesn't seem to add much "difficulty" and is hampering the creative ways to kill everything because everything is a HP sponge.
Master Mode seemed poorly designed at first glance. I didn't play it though.

The game definitely wasn't designed around combat, and what was designed worked pretty well as-is.

I mean the base game isn't exactly hard even if many mobs can OHKO you for a fair part of the game. And it wasn't designed to be.

But I guess there are some players who just want hard for some reason. MM seem to give them that.

Hard is overrated anyway. I mean everyone seem to have this idealized vision of "hard" where it's cleverly designed and pushes the player to its limit with intelligent enemies and as such force him/her to think outside the box (I mean that's just your usual shonen character really), when the hard truth (pun intended) is that most of the time hard is just tedious, because most games are designed around some relative easiness of combat, and as such there are hordes of enemies to vanquish to get to the goal. So unless you redesign encounters to have way fewer enemies, if they are harder to kill, it'll just be tedious much more than actually hard, as players tend to adapt to the difficulty anyway and nothing is ever hard for a long time unless you put up some brutally hard challenges that only 1% will overcome.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
hampering the creative ways to kill everything
Nah son, that's on you. I feel plenty of creativity when playing MM.

everything is a HP sponge.
Flagrant false advertising.
This pretty much only applies to the Gold enemies. And even they can be pretty easy to kill with strong enough weapons, good enough potions, or effective strategies. You can really tear through gold enemies with bow headshots for example.

I feel like no two battles are ever the same.

Last edited:

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished all the shrines last night, after wasting hours roaming around dueling peaks turns out the last one was the that other shrine at Kakarikos, I seriously believe that was part of an ultimate quest after beating all the other shrines since I've never found out how to unlock it, but oh well

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I am exploring (because in this game that is fun to do actually) and avoiding combat. Especially the areas with treasure, because I am tired of finding 22 damage swords. 15 damage bows. Those tweets are interesting, well the second one is. The first one is just a grindfest. Second one is sweet looking action film. They both have something common. One enemy, sure one is gold (only found in MM which I should come across yet given how little I got). Way better armour and gear. More stats (which are to the roof). I am only 10+ hours in this game. I have exploring to the middle, east, and west. I have not found any of these items or of use. I have many 20 damage weapons. Less for bows. But I do have one 50 damage great sword which does little damage even with flurry strikes.
When do I get better items? I don't want to google stuff nor ask around because that would make exploring pointless. Well until yea get "OP". But so far my 10+ hours feels the same as when I only had two hours in the game. Sneaking at night (because day they literally see you meters away), get a critical in, lead them to the bomb trap (which does little), and then hope none of the others wake up. Then just a battle of switching between my 20 damage weapons and low damage flurry strikes. Arrows? Yeah I don't have many. Not like they do anything anyways with my 10/15 damage bow. Roll a rock on them? Yeah its fun to watch, until they take so little damage it may have been a slap. There is no creativity. Weapon switching is not being creative. There is no come in from multiple angles at work here. From what I seen of others playing it is just rushing. Normal mode actually allows for more creativity based on the fact that rocks do decent damage. Even that rock to explosive barrel was awesome on tutorial island where in MM it did very little damage. Yes explosions are cool, but a mob still having 80%+ of their HP from it is not lol.
I am very picky when it comes to combat mechanics, typically if a game has poor combat mechanics I would drop it in a heart beat - yet the exploring is what is keeping me. I should not have spent this much time on MM as it was obviously just thrown in, but I am not giving up on a 10+ hour save because I just know if I start over I will put it down due to boredom (which is the real issue here btw).

Having good gear, many stats, and good weapons does not help. I am not finding this stuff. I am having fun when I am skipping combat. I luckily haven't run into a shrine yet where you can't just run past the robot things. If I want hard, I will go play something that is hard, not tedious. It should be called Tedious Mode. It doesn't really feel hard, just more work after coming home from work.

Yes this is a rant and part truth. I really wish the combat was more interesting. No I don't want to start over, yet I don't want to rush to areas I been told to go to or googled because that just breaks the fun.

And showing OP people and saying in my experience with my OP gear doesn't help when..yea I don't have OP gear or stats to begin with.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I am exploring (because in this game that is fun to do actually) and avoiding combat. Especially the areas with treasure, because I am tired of finding 22 damage swords. 15 damage bows. Those tweets are interesting, well the second one is. The first one is just a grindfest. Second one is sweet looking action film. They both have something common. One enemy, sure one is gold (only found in MM which I should come across yet given how little I got). Way better armour and gear. More stats (which are to the roof). I am only 10+ hours in this game. I have exploring to the middle, east, and west. I have not found any of these items or of use. I have many 20 damage weapons. Less for bows. But I do have one 50 damage great sword which does little damage even with flurry strikes.
When do I get better items? I don't want to google stuff nor ask around because that would make exploring pointless. Well until yea get "OP". But so far my 10+ hours feels the same as when I only had two hours in the game. Sneaking at night (because day they literally see you meters away), get a critical in, lead them to the bomb trap (which does little), and then hope none of the others wake up. Then just a battle of switching between my 20 damage weapons and low damage flurry strikes. Arrows? Yeah I don't have many. Not like they do anything anyways with my 10/15 damage bow. Roll a rock on them? Yeah its fun to watch, until they take so little damage it may have been a slap. There is no creativity. Weapon switching is not being creative. There is no come in from multiple angles at work here. From what I seen of others playing it is just rushing. Normal mode actually allows for more creativity based on the fact that rocks do decent damage. Even that rock to explosive barrel was awesome on tutorial island where in MM it did very little damage. Yes explosions are cool, but a mob still having 80%+ of their HP from it is not lol.
I am very picky when it comes to combat mechanics, typically if a game has poor combat mechanics I would drop it in a heart beat - yet the exploring is what is keeping me. I should not have spent this much time on MM as it was obviously just thrown in, but I am not giving up on a 10+ hour save because I just know if I start over I will put it down due to boredom (which is the real issue here btw).

Having good gear, many stats, and good weapons does not help. I am not finding this stuff. I am having fun when I am skipping combat. I luckily haven't run into a shrine yet where you can't just run past the robot things. If I want hard, I will go play something that is hard, not tedious. It should be called Tedious Mode. It doesn't really feel hard, just more work after coming home from work.

Yes this is a rant and part truth. I really wish the combat was more interesting. No I don't want to start over, yet I don't want to rush to areas I been told to go to or googled because that just breaks the fun.

And showing OP people and saying in my experience with my OP gear doesn't help when..yea I don't have OP gear or stats to begin with.

I don't know how you're supposed to get good at the combat and learn how to diversify your way of playing if you skip the combat.

I don't think MM was thrown in, I think it's the true way to play the game. Many who actually put the time in to Master Mode seem to agree. Normal mode is just painfully easy. Hell, even Master Mode isn't that hard. And it depends on the way you play. It's not very hard to give yourself a huge amount of high attack, defense, or extra health. You can choose how many hearts you want to play with too.

Is this your first play through? If so then of course you're not gonna know the ins and outs of all the systems yet.

Give yourself high attack potions, that already makes enemies take way less hits.

You basically get better items the harder enemies you face, and the further you progress into the main story. Skipping combat isn't really helping matters much and just ensuring you're not getting how it all works. Do a Divine Beast. I'm pretty sure better weapons get spawned into the world more regularly once you do, and the more you beat.

I'm not sure what enemies you're fighting where flurry rushes aren't dealing a lot of damage with weapons around the level 20 level or so. Only Silvers and Golds could be considered damage sponges. Do you have the Stasis upgrade? That's a huge help as getting one hit on a Stasised enemy will at the very least knock them down or stun them. If you can really wail on them then those are a bunch of free hits. Combine that with slo mo arrow shots and you really shouldn't have much trouble dispatching all enemies that aren't Lynels or high level common creatures. There's always stealth hits that waste a ton. Throwing your weapon always knocks an enemy down too, which is also a huge help. Spinning moves with two handed weapons, downward stabs, and jump attacks are also super helpful. Spears are good with distance and keeping enemies locked up. Spin attacks knock enemies down too, and even better if they're pinned against a wall or something.

The combat is great, you just need to use all of Link's moves effectively.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
The combat comment from me is regardless of mode. I played a bit of normal before I got the dlc and I found it lacking. Then again I am coming from games were combat is the main focus.
The combat just feels like it's lacking. It's not very interesting, normal or MM. Quick or slow, the combat is pretty poor. I don't find MM hard, it's more tedious then anything and normal mode was polar opposite. Making both not very interesting when it comes to combat.

Chests and magnets has been my main damage dealer btw lol. None of the fun creative stuff like boulders are worth it anymore.

Everything I have been killing gives me not very good items regardless of their skin color (tier) Those tall trolls were dropping their weapons which only do like 30. Those armored lizard things in a Colosseum also were low end too. So I guess it is gated?

I got most of the towers so at least I can do that quest quick. Don't want to put the game down due to bored.

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
If it's the two that are linked...

Just make them match.
I'm pretty sure. It was easier than I expected.
Thanks man, but I was actually asking for hints on where to find new shrines quests since I was missing one in that region, and like I said a few posts above, the one I was missing was the Heirloom quest.

Now that I have done all the shrines, the list still marks 41/42, so I'm not sure what quest I need to trigger.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I feel straight up embarrassed for not noticing this detail/Easter Egg that's on the (mini?) Guardians....

I noticed it the other day when watching the very first BOTW trailer that I've only seen a million times.

Wow. How did I seriously not catch that?

Is everyone aware of the U (for Wii U) designs all over the Guardians?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I feel straight up embarrassed for not noticing this detail/Easter Egg that's on the (mini?) Guardians....

I noticed it the other day when watching the very first BOTW trailer that I've only seen a million times.

Wow. How did I seriously not catch that?

Is everyone aware of the U (for Wii U) designs all over the Guardians?

What easter egg? lol >.>

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After 200 hundred hours since its release, I finally climbed Hyrule Castle and conquered the beasts within. What a fucking ride. Has easily joined the pantheon of games I'll replay over, over, and over.

I'm speechless actually! Breathless even. ;D

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
What easter egg? lol >.>

I said in my post already! The Guardians all have little Blue U's on their body!

After 200 hundred hours since its release, I finally climbed Hyrule Castle and conquered the beasts within. What a fucking ride. Has easily joined the pantheon of games I'll replay over, over, and over.

I'm speechless actually! Breathless even. ;D

Glad you enjoyed it so much!

Did you fully explore it? My first time it took me about 3 or so hours to do what I wanted of the castle and beat the game. I would have loved to fully explore the Castle but it was time to beat the game (at approx 320 hrs I believe). I didn't wanna spoil the pacing of the finale for myself and I was more than happy to leave a lot for my second game (which I'm currently playing on MM). I left entire regions unexplored too.

I really took my time with the game and purposefully left a ton left to explore for my second game. At 515ish hours I could say I've almost explored most of the game. However I still have a ton of shrines, Korok seeds, and side quests left to do. Not to mention, both DLC packs.

And I'm quite sure I'm gonna play the game a third time and try something crazy like a very low heart run.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoyed it so much! Did you fully explore it? My first time it took me about 3 or so hours to do what I wanted of the castle and beat the game. I would have loved to fully explore the Castle but it was time to beat the game (at approx 320 hrs I believe).
I did not completely map the castle, no. By the time I was there, I was ready to locate Ganon, a few secrets, and finish.

There's some very minor quest items and stories I left for after Ganon, but they could wait. Loved the endings, especially if you found all 14 memories!

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I did not completely map the castle, no. By the time I was there, I was ready to locate Ganon, a few secrets, and finish.

There's some very minor quest items and stories I left for after Ganon, but they could wait. Loved the endings, especially if you found all 14 memories!

I foolishly thought I had all the memories when I went to beat it but didn't realize I had left 2 behind so I also didn't even see them all/get the full ending! There's still a lot to enjoy for me!

Yup I loved the entire finale of that game. I was just like in tears the entire time. From the moment you begin to near Hyrule Castle, to the music, to Ganon, to the ending, to the credits. They got me with the ending. Loved every second of it.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm... While BotW has its perks, and does what it does quite well, I feel there was something missing. I would have liked a little more lore, more places, less empty ruins... I don't know. I'm looking forward the next game, that's for sure.

Also, I want the return of an intelligent and cunning Ganon. I can't shake the Wind Waker's image I have of him. This was the best Ganon for me. I want that Ganon back, and then some.

The one thing BotW nailed without a doubt is the adventurous/exploration feeling. Damn that was good.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I feel there was something missing. I would have liked a little more lore, more places, less empty ruins... I don't know. I'm looking forward the next game, that's for sure.

I very much agree! I felt this especially after my first few hours of the game when it really began to sink in that this wasn't quite the Zelda game I was dreaming of and thought it would be for a long time, even up until release and after! I kept holding out, hoping there was more to the game. No "real dungeons" really hurt me. I'm a dungeon guy, they're always my favorite parts of the series. OOT Fire Temple and Forest Temple, all of TP's dungeons, etc, were just unmatched atmosphere for me. I was really hoping to see a next gen version of what the team could do with dungeons.

Hopefully the sequel will deliver that. I feel they will, as it's basically the single most requested change. People want their dungeons back. I'd be happy with just 4 meaty dungeons. Giant labyrinths that cover chunks of the world would be amazing. Different entrances.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i finally got around to doing the trial of the sword. i've now done the beginning and middle sections (died at the last floor of the middle section twice which sucked).
i'm actually now feeling like i'm getting good at the combat and i'm enjoying it. before this i used to cheese my way out of the hard encounters, but now that that's not an option and the penalty of dying is big, i'm being more careful and calculated about how i approach the enemies.
i also really like the aesthetics of the trials, where some floors are like the actual places (jungle, ruins, beaches) in the world map but they're confined within the walls of a shrine. it's like a simulation.
now all that's left is the final part of the trial, and then i will be done with the game (all shrines, all shrine quests, all main quests, all side quests), and will wait a few years to replay it. probably in master mode if that doesn't kick my butt too much.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
Enjoying it so far, but the combat is pretty mediocre at best. Like dude with small weapons being able to hit you while you doing your charge attack (not prepping it, doing it). Luckily you can run past everything. In shrines I just run past the robot things. I am also only getting decent items from the floating platform. How do I make it interesting or engaging? Not the cheap "limit your heart" thing either. I only have four and everything still one shots me lol.

Well, I wouldn't say botw has one of the all time great battle systems, but it's definitely one of the better ones.

Sounds like you are having trouble coming to grips with actual combat vs cpu does scripted and choreoraphed moves for you combat.

Your problem with a dude with 'small weapons being able to hit you before Your attack lands arises from having collision detection as a mechanic as opposed to having the enemy the cpu has targeted joining in a choreographed battle animation when you push the attack button.

Since the series of events are not pre scripted animations and paths, if the enemy who has a smaller faster weapon makes contact with you before Your slower big weapon animation hits him, you get whacked. If you are getting nailed by this a lot, try not using the lock on when you are trying to run up and attack like this, so you can try running up to your foes at angles they have more trouble with, Instead of the dead on approach you get when locked on.

To make it interesting or engaging you just, do stuff yourself that's interesting and engaging.

Literally any trick or strategy you can think you can do, and will work.

So if you see a whole camp of dudes and want to take them out supreme warrior style, whistle to get their attention, run up to the sucker in the lead, shield stamp his forehead, bouncing up and shooting a couple of his buddies in the face with burning arrows, fire one at the ground to create an updraft, fly up into the air switch to bomb arrows and your savage lynel bow that fires 5 arrows a shot, and just carpet bomb the area until you can no longer see anything inside the giant exploding ball of death, and then come down and get your camera out so you can take a selfie with the bodies as they fall back to the ground.... You just.... do it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Can't run up to them if I am already spinning as fast as a fan. That is when they hit me. So I stopped trying to bait them into supper spin attacks unless they get knocked down. Which means I have to go to them, not them to me.

I rarely run to them lol. Running usually means pulling everybody because everybody is grouped up.

And why are Divine breasts so easy compared to the street thugs lol?

Watching my wife play on normal and a lot of things so can get away with is funny. She gets way more profit in her tactics then I ever have so far.

Also yea I don't have good weapons *still*.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC

tenor.gif

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What is with the rock boss right when you get down from the great plateau? Am I supposed to be able to beat it?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You totally can. Your first time might be tricky though since you probably don't know how it works or have enough/good enough weapons.

It's very doable though.
I gave it a few shots but no luck, hitting the crystal on its back can be annoying, will go back to it later, you get anything special for defeating it?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I gave it a few shots but no luck, hitting the crystal on its back can be annoying, will go back to it later, you get anything special for defeating it?

Nothing terribly useful for now. It can wait.
It drops minerals which can be sold for money.
You can use them for certain gear as well.

The Talus are all over the game in random spots.

One arrow to the rock on its back will cause it to fall. Then you climb on it and wail on it for a bit before it knocks you off. You can do a backflip and glide just before it does this to land back on it quickly, or just jump off it before it does.

You can get a major upgrade pretty soon that will also help make it much easier to fight.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I'd say stamina is probably more important. It's easier/more useful to give yourself temp hearts instead of temp stamina.

Only give yourself more hearts when you feel you really need them and the enemies are too challenging.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
What is with the rock boss right when you get down from the great plateau? Am I supposed to be able to beat it?
No you're not. If you know what you're doing, it should be possible, but with crap weapons, no stamina and no hearts, it's hard.

If it's your first playthrough, I'd alternate between heart and stamina until you have a 2nd full stamina bar.
Stamina until you have a full second bar.

Then probably hearts until you have enough for that quest.

Then stamina until you can't anymore.

Then hearts.

That's how I'm doing it in my second playthrough.

Stamina is just much more important than hearts especially as long as you have crap armor which means you'll get OHKO by many attacks even with 7 hearts instead of 3.

I'd say the game is clearly designed around you being able to NOT engage in combat for a fair chunk of the game. It's not that you can't kill stuff, but you're supposed to run away (and maybe come back later) when facing overwhelming odds.

Stamina helps with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Man I wish there was poise or something.

I can sit there wailing on this single bad guy switching between weapons, running, bomb traps and they got me with a basic attack that one shot like me at five hearts.

I can be wailing in them and they can do charge attacks. Only way to stop that is if I get lucky with a knock down or stuns.

Yet when I charge attack when they are knocked down and hey back up they can interrupt. Heck even the wind could if it probably wanted to. I am getting tired of the limited tactics and repetitiveness of it.

Also I probably should trade the extra hearts for stamina if they seem to kill me with five hearts.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Also I probably should trade the extra hearts for stamina if they seem to kill me with five hearts.
Hearts are way less important than armor for general survivability.

I dunno about MM but I doubt they changed that.

As long as you have good enough armor, you won't need a huge heart buffer to get through most fights.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Alright, stamina it is then.

I one shot a cyclops boss just earlier with a charged attack, poor thing didn't get a chance.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Hearts are way less important than armor for general survivability.

I dunno about MM but I doubt they changed that.

As long as you have good enough armor, you won't need a huge heart buffer to get through most fights.

I was wondering how this all worked!

Does anyone know how or have a guide or something?

If I have 3 hearts but MAXED OUT high level armor, where would that put me at?

I'm very curious! It's something I may consider for my next playthrough.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The road to Zora can be brutal, gotta say the game is amazing so far and a breath of fresh air compared to other open world games, I can see why it got rated so high.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Guys couple questions.

1) The camera rune when you take pictures of things, it suppose to add it right? So I took a picture of this cyclops thing but he isn't there? It did show that small picture and the name.

2) Speaking of cyclops guy, the one near
Rito Village I didn't fully kill yet. He learned how to block his eye. So if he resets, which he has, does that go away too?

3) What is the dudes name in #3?

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
Guys couple questions.

1) The camera rune when you take pictures of things, it suppose to add it right? So I took a picture of this cyclops thing but he isn't there? It did show that small picture and the name.

2) Speaking of cyclops guy, the one near
Rito Village I didn't fully kill yet. He learned how to block his eye. So if he resets, which he has, does that go away too?

3) What is the dudes name in #3?

1. Every object/creature/enemy you take a picture of gets added to the compendium. Then you can select some entries (like ingredients and chests, not enemies or gear though) in your compendium to search for with the sheika sensor. Other than that and some sidequests, i don't think there's any othe uses. You can point the camera and see if the target is already in your compendium when the name is in blue.
2. Yeah it will reset. It's just a "phase" of the battle, once you do enough damage he will start covering his eye, and you have to find other methods to stun him.
3. huh? what dude?