Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I change my mind.

I think it looks okay. My biggest problem is with Link's face. Why does he have buttons for eyes?

6VKi5hy.jpg

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That must have been a fun reveal for Mr. Koizumi, since he came up with the original concept for Link's Awakening back in the day.

That's good trivia!

Man.. the original Link's Awakening is the perfect handheld game to me. It is an astonishing achievement.
Not that fond of the DX version, I thought it looked perfect originally.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Nah I'm telling you to grow up.
I already did, and so I have defined my tastes. I don't like kiddie looking stuff and I'm not gonna buy this game.

For shame, there was a chance to make it closer to The Wind Waker which would have been fantastic.
wtf is an infant game?
It looks like some show that could have been featured on Disney Jr. The channel you put to entertain infants. If you people like it it's ok, I don't.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know what? I change my mind.

I think it looks okay. My biggest problem is with Link's face. Why does he have buttons for eyes?
Seems like the screenshots did wonders lol. Maybe it's trying to be reminiscent of the old sprites where you basically had a single pixel for eyes? Not the biggest fan of it either, but everything else looks beautiful.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Glad this ended up being cartoony and cute just like the original. Can't wait to play it once again!

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AAA didn't become a designation till well into 3D systems lifestyles.
That's because their budget for video games didn't start rivaling movies till PS3 era.
The term 'AAA' was used in video game magazines in the 16-bit era. It did refer more to a company's best/biggest efforts (like Sonic) than budget, though. The two things often overlapped.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I already did, and so I have defined my tastes. I don't like kiddie looking stuff and I'm not gonna buy this game.

For shame, there was a chance to make it closer to The Wind Waker which would have been fantastic.
Being so insecure you can't enjoy something you perceive as being for kids is not having defined tastes. It's literally not having grown up.

Bye then.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
The graphics and art style looks amazing. This is coming from someone who played the original as a kid. It looks true to the original even with the extra awesome details.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am new to all of this but will this game have classic zelda dungeons?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
That must have been a fun reveal for Mr. Koizumi, since he came up with the original concept, setting, and story for Link's Awakening back in the day.

Wasn't he also heavily responsible for Majora's Mask? Or am I wrong on that?

That would make him responsible for my two favorite Zelda games if so. LA is my favorite 2D and Majora's Mask is my favorite 3D.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Were there goombas and chain chomp's in the first link's awakening? I got startled when I saw Mario enemies didnt make sense.

Oct 29, 2017
I think the art looks nice. I hope it's not a straight up remake though. I've played it too many times already really. Would be good if there's at least something new

Last edited:

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Being so insecure you can't enjoy something you perceive as being for kids is not having defined tastes.
It's not insecurity, I could play it, i don't want to, because the artstyle stimulates nothing inside me. This Disney marketed idea that you should keep your kid spirit for literally everything does not apply to me.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest the art style looks kinda terrible and definitely doesn't suit TLOZ. Why didn't they go for a full on cell shaded style? This one feels like animal crossing with weird shadows.

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
I was so, so excited when I saw that little intro, but then they had to smash my hype with that boring, generic ass looking graphics and art-style.
Link looks like a little funko pop toy and everything in the game, the rocks, sand, trees, clothes, everything look like it's made out of plastic. What was wrong with the graphic style of ALbW or Triforce Heroes? I know it may not be the most beautiful style but it's miles better than this.

Link's Awakening is an amazing game and I know I may be able to overlook the IMO horrible graphics but sadly I won't be there day one.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Wasn't he also heavily responsible for Majora's Mask? Or am I wrong on that?

That would make him responsible for my two favorite Zelda games if so. LA is my favorite 2D and Majora's Mask is my favorite 3D.
Yep, he was deeply involved in MM too, and also concieved of the 3 day mechanic and core story. Also I'm pretty sure he came up with Z targeting for OOT. And also directed Mario Galaxy. And led production on the Switch hardware. And much more. He is a Nintendo legend!

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
The best Zelda game of all time. Great to see it back in the spotlight after all these years.

The artstyle has really grown on me after briefly throwing me. It's a very clean aesthetic and it looks distinctive in its own right.

I'm less sold on the music. The old Game Boy chiptunes are so ingrained in my head - so beautiful, melodic and nostalgic despite the limitations. The woodwinds in the trailer sound a little thin.

Day -100.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the people saying LA had a gloomy atmosphere are crazy but that doesn't mean the characters needed to look like they're in one of those 3DS street pass games.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest the art style looks kinda terrible and definitely doesn't suit TLOZ. Why didn't they go for a full on cell shaded style? This one feels like animal crossing with weird shadows.
To be honest the art style looks kinda terrible and definetly doesn't suit TLOZ. Why didn't they go for a full realistic style? This one feels like a cartoon morning show with weird characters. (Literally the argument made against Windwaker back then).

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was so, so excited when I saw that little intro, but then they had to smash my hype with that boring, generic ass looking graphics and art-style.
Link looks like a little funko pop toy and everything in the game, the rocks, sand, trees, clothes, everything look like it's made out of plastic. What was wrong with the graphic style of ALbW or Triforce Heroes? I know it may not be the most beautiful style but it's miles better than this.

Link's Awakening is an amazing game and I know I may be able to overlook the IMO horrible graphics but sadly I won't be there day one.
????? This is leagues ahead of Link Between Worlds visually

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic! I tried playing some of the Gameboy Zeldas for the first time and I just couldn't adjust to their lack of buttons.
I was really hoping we'd get a remake of one of these eventually.

Having only two buttons to equip the sword, shield, and every other item to was really tedious to me when I tried playing Oracle of Seasons on the 3DS VC.

AJ-47

Dec 16, 2017

It looks like some show that could have been featured on Disney Jr. The channel you put to entertain infants. If you people like it it's ok, I don't.

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

C.S Lewis