Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
My problem with Master Mode was the regenerating health mechanic... it didn't make the game more fun but actually tedious.

Hullaballoon

Apr 11, 2023
Master Mode of BOTW was a great experience, but a few things seemed to be awry. The blight fights for the Champion's Ballad, particularly the nearly-invincible Waterblight Ganon, are excruciatingly hard with the health refill.

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
I tried Master Mode once then noped out as soon as I realized the weapons don't really scale properly. It's definitely a new challenge but I don't think I find a BotW playthrough where I avoid most enemies to be that interesting.
Actually the game does surface a healthy amount of increased durability and increased strength weapons in master mode right out of the gate, mostly via the new elevated platforms which act as a bit of foreshadowing to more of the ideas that the team had in store while also providing interesting additional friction against exploration. I'm well in to my master mode playthrough several years in the making and am very much enjoying refamiliarizing myself with the world and the minutia.
The strat on the great plateau is to merc pretty much everything in the area including the talus except the lynel (unless you're very quick with a bow and motion controlled magnesis attacks) with a large metal door or metal boulder which allows you to gather a sizable store of equipment. Try to get at least 9-10 korok seeds on it too.
The increased health of enemies is also necessitating 3x attack up meals, or max health boosting meals if I choose to wear the barbarian set. Most of all though, I'm not hesitating at all to use all the great powerful weapons as I get em. Fluid efficiency. Getting revali's gale first and then headed straight for Vah Naboris was the perfect initial plan for me after some kakariko and Hateno foundation work. Urbosa's fury is borderline OP whe min used in the right scenarios against big bois or groups.

That's me talking about what I appreciate about master mode. The health regen feels annoying at first but you adjust. I wish they restricted the use of fast travel and food eating when in active combat but oh well

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I need him back

Give me more Majora lore please.

2023-04-24-15-52-41-96-2.png

Jan 15, 2019
in the event that I actually have the willpower to avoid reading these previews or any other media about TotK before I play it... it's been nice speculating :')

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
I'm doing master mode now. The start makes the entire game feel like eventide, it's crazy hard. Now that I have armor, plenty of hearts and good weapons it's manageable but you can't just run into a crowd of enemies at will. Also lynels still destroy me. The issue is all they did was increase the health and damage of the enemies, so now you spend forever just smacking an enemy over and over and weapons break more cause of how long they last. It isn't a great master mode, the start when you are trying to survive and build is by far the best part.
I'm not sure they really increased the health and damage, it's just that the enemies start a tier higher and a tree branch has neither the durability or damage to kill a blue bokoblin.

The first thing I did after getting off the plateau was collect the Phantom Armor (each piece gives attack up), kill some guardians (world leveling up means stronger weapons), and take a trip to Hyrule Castle to get a shrine TP that's close to a Great Flameblade since those are always handy.

I didn't have a problem with weapons in my playthrough this January, but after playing through regular and master mode again I do think the enemy weapons could use some more durability. It doesn't have to be as much as a real weapon but the various tiers of Boko Clubs are too flimsy.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I dunno, previews aren't that interesting to me. They won't be able to share much more than we already saw with Aonuma. I can imagine how it is to play based off BotW.

Buying it anyway, so ehh.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
I dunno, previews aren't that interesting to me. They won't be able to share much more than we already saw with Aonuma. I can imagine how it is to play based off BotW.

Buying it anyway, so ehh.

Totally understand that. But maybe it´s interesting for you, how someone who is not from Nintendo itself, plays the game. How are the controls, are the menus easy to handly, how fluid is the gameplay, draw distance. maybe those kinds of points are interesting for you?

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Reposting here a thought I had in another thread.

My guess is that a lot of the plot, like in BotW, will be told through "memories", this time disguised as glowing places where it's possible to reverse time and see what happened there (I doubt that the game will have a long plot introduction, so a "reverse back time to see what happened while Link was asleep (AGAIN)" seems the most plausible idea to me).

dkunit

Mar 16, 2023
Literally starts with a fucking plane.

www.gamespot.com

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Preview

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom may have the highest expectations put on any Nintendo game in years. And while Nintendo is still maintaining the mystery around much of the game, our extensive hands-on with the new tools showed an incredible amount of creative problem-solving and...

Nov 13, 2017
Today has been one year since this trailer dropped - one I think will go down as one of the greatest. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it one year on. I remember until this point there was a general feeling that there probably wasn't much to the re-used world and there was some concern it wouldn't be a compelling game. Once those saxophones hit though, I feel like that was the exact point when the consensus turned.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
i saw this thread pop up and was really confused.

Today has been one year since this trailer dropped - one I think will go down as one of the greatest. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it one year on. I remember until this point there was a general feeling that there probably wasn't much to the re-used world and there was some concern it wouldn't be a compelling game. Once those saxophones hit though, I feel like that was the exact point when the consensus turned.

yeah it's a good trailer, the music in particular goes EXTREMELY hard. I think looking back I prefer the BOTW equivalent but it's damn close.

Mephissto

Mar 8, 2024

Trailer is peak and I loved my time with the game.

Still wish that the game wasn't structured so similar to BOTW and that there was more to the sky and the depths than there is.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer 3 a couple weeks before release? I totally didn't watch it, didn't wanted to be spoiled of everything.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
This trailer > that one lying and misleading BotW trailer.

Also, this one's got a sax. It's pure unadulterated pleasure.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
My take is that the trailer is better than the BotW one, it shows more stuff, a lot more gameplay variety. But the BotW one was the first one so probably will always be more iconic.

... maybe it's a metaphor for the whole game.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
After now playing the game it's crazy how much they spoiled in the trailer. I thankfully didn't quite realize it at the time.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Great trailer, game unfortunately didn't live to the expectations it set for me. Haven't beaten it or played it in months, which is unthinkable for a Zelda game for me lol

Still, can't deny they know how to make great trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.