• They're padding it out by sprinkling random meaningless stuff throughout it

Votes: 187 48.3%
  • Adding meaningful story to help flesh out characters

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
AMC seems to have revealed the remake's running time, and it's exactly 30 minutes longer than the animated film

HuPEmVe.png

Disney can't help but add stuff to these remakes, and I would say that most of this shit has not been all that well-received (like Belle and Beast teleporting themselves to Paris or giving a backstory to Jaffar), and usually just gets in the way of the great pacing of the original movies. Half an hour is a decent amount. So what do you think Disney's adding now?

Nov 30, 2018
I mean you can't have a 1:1 straight up live action remake. Plus I'm sure they added more songs. Looking at Aladdin.

Also who cares? It looks good. Jungle Book was good. What's to worry about?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch them have an extra musical number that not only sucks but breaks the flow of the film.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they weren't gonna market the fuck out of Donald Glover to have it star a total of 5 minutes were they :p ?

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
more adult nala and simba + rafiki and hyenas probs

tho you can argue focusing more on the adult simba breaks the balance of the script, which was pretty even if not skewed more towards young simba

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Where's the option for "adding meaningful story to help flesh out characters"? Cuz that's what happened with Aladdin, they added a good 20 minutes for Jasmine and it was the best surprise of the movie.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems too long, which was one of the main problems of the Beauty and the Beast live action slog. But I have confidence in Favreau to pull it off. He's yet to do me wrong.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I think 1.5 hr big budget films are a rarity these days. The expectation for event films is to be long for them to be worth the ticket cost.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't add He Lives In You. That's iconic from Lion King 2 and sounds better than the broadway version. It's got the same vibe as Circle Of Life and works best as an opening.

Shadowland is a MUST.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
89 minutes is mad short. You could get 30 minutes just from scenic vista shots + the credits for all the cg artist.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll change the only scene I've always had a problem with. When Scar tells everyone Simba murdered his father and tries to push him off a cliff, no one stands up for him. Not even his mother or Nala.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Probably giving more stuff for Nala and Simba's mother to do. Their roles were really small in the original.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the trailer that played before Endgame and in that trailer, I felt that it was pretty much shot for shot the same. I don't know what the point is to do a remake that is shot for shot the same so the more that it is different is better in my eye. If you wanted shot for shot you can watch the original.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
30 minutes dedicated to Mufasa explaining to Simba how him and Nala aren't brother and sister

Oct 27, 2017
To quote Travis Touchdown" "Could be the shit, could just be plain ol' shit."

My fave kid movie, 30 extra mins could be amazing, or could ruin it. Too early to say.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Cool.

People would complain if it was a 1:1 remake so Disney can't really win either way.

Except at the box office, obviously.
I'm completely fine with it being the same other than some small additions but what bothers me is the fact the visuals aren't going to even be similar.

I don't understand why adding some color to distinguish everyone is bad yet talking lions who sing is totally cool. Scar can't have a black mane? Nala can't have blue eyes? Even the cubs look exactly the same.

I'm hoping the movie is still enjoyable and the reason they aren't showing the talking parts is to save it for the movie but the less shown the more worrying it gets. What is Can't Wait To Be King even going to look like?

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get Beyonce and then have her for like ten minutes of screen time, there's gonna be a lot more Nala I would assume.