• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are they spending this time on?

• BEYONCE!!!??

Votes: 70 18.1%
  • Adding songs from the Broadway show like Shadowland and He Lives In You

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Very intriguing and not all uninteresting backstory for Scar

Votes: 35 9.0%
  • They're padding it out by sprinkling random meaningless stuff throughout it

Votes: 187 48.3%
  • Adding meaningful story to help flesh out characters

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's more unsettling between this movie being 30 minutes longer or Simba and Nala being siblings.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
They SHOULD be adding songs from the Broadway show, but are likely adding meaningless shit.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
30 minutes sounds like they added a B-plot kinda thing, but I hope it's just... tiny additions and a song. I really don't want them to be too adventurous here.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
so its actually Lion King, Lion King 1.5, and Lion King 2 all in one?

is there some other knock off Lion King they did that I didn't see?
Simba had a son

51XeITD%2BIqL.jpg

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
It's honestly amazing the original feels as epic as it does, in as short of time as it is. They're really efficient with their scenes, in the forward momentum of the plot.

But also doing traditional animation at that time was a slog to make longer than an hour and a half. In a limitless budget reboot, it makes sense for an epic film to have it in at about 2 hours

"The Morning Report's" going back in baby!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
It looks amazing but I do wonder if the script is gonna be another wet fart of a thing along the lines of the other recent Disney remakes. Glad to be proven wrong.

Also anyone else still kinda sorta weirded out how whole hog Favreau's transition went into mega blockbuster talking animals family fare? Like sure we got Chef a few years back which was a great semi return to the small passion project fare but it was still a far cry from the Swingers era. Those kinda movies wouldn't really work today anyhow but it sorta reminds me in a roundabout way of Eddie Murphy's transition to family fare. And yes I'm sure one of the larger reasons is $$$

All that said I'm insanely jealous of that snazzy VR studio set tech he used for Lion King, would love to get a peek into what that experience is like inside a headset. Imagining getting a more consumer grade version of this would be an indie filmmaker's dream, virtual sets and characters would pave the way for a new kind of asset store. One can dream...

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Amazing that they decided to throw in that full 30 minutes lion sex scene. Really pushing the envelope of what you can do in CG Disney movie...

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Also anyone else still kinda sorta weirded out how whole hog Favreau's transition went into mega blockbuster talking animals family fare? Like sure we got Chef a few years back which was a great semi return to the small passion project fare but it was still a far cry from the Swingers era. Those kinda movies wouldn't really work today anyhow but it sorta reminds me in a roundabout way of Eddie Murphy's transition to family fare. And yes I'm sure one of the larger reasons is $$$

His early work was Elf and then Zathura, and became practically a household name with a superhero movie, so I don't think it's too far from where he came from.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
oh ok good did a double take there because that would be stupid best freaking song in the original

Granted, they did cut out Jafar's bit in Aladdin and relegated Ka to the end credits of Jungle Book, so it wouldn't be unheard of, but I'd highly doubt it as Favreau himself stopped the entire movie to let King Louie have his bit. I'd imagine the Nazi imagery will be toned down though.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Takes my pic and gives no credit 😭

It's going to be Disney's best live action film. Bookmark it.

I loved Aladdin 👀

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course it is, every fucking movie nowadays for some reason has to be at least 2hrs long. I was watching a few 90s movies last week and was shocked how short they were, almost every movie was 90min.