Nere

Dec 8, 2017
So Sauron is the same actor but with an elf wig and somehow they don't recognize him and they don't know it's Sauron again...?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
So Sauron is the same actor but with an elf wig and somehow they don't recognize him and they don't know it's Sauron again...?
Well it wouldn't just be an elf wig, he'd be an actual elf since he is a shapeshifter. The difference between a human and an elf in Tolkien's world is more than just hair.

OTOH, they all got duped by Sauron, this is already established, so they are going to look like chumps no matter what. Just wait until
he gets to Numenor

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than last season - hope they learned some lessons (it sounded like they were listening carefully the feedback so feeling optimistic).

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
It sure looks expensive.

S1 wasn't great by any means, although it was saved by Elrond, Durin, and Disa.

I don't have high hopes for Rings of Power other than a very beautiful-looking Tolkienesque romp, and that's enough.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than last season - hope they learned some lessons (it sounded like they were listening carefully the feedback so feeling optimistic).
The biggest lesson they should have learned was don't do a full season prologue fanfic but it's too late for that. Based on the teaser it's clear they are moving in to Tolkiens actual writing now which is an immediate jump in quality.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
First three episodes damn. That almost 1 PJ movie :p

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season Two will debut globally on August 29 with the first three episodes. Subsequent episodes will roll out weekly each Thursday.

www.aboutamazon.com

'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' Season Two trailer and release date revealed

Get a first look at Sauron in the second season of the beloved drama, which premieres August 29 on Prime Video.

The visuals look ridiculous.

Last edited:

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Please let the writing be much improved over S1.

My hopes are not high though. Especially having to dig out of the hole of S1's writing.

Visually looks great, as before.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Well it wouldn't just be an elf wig, he'd be an actual elf since he is a shapeshifter. The difference between a human and an elf in Tolkien's world is more than just hair.

OTOH, they all got duped by Sauron, this is already established, so they are going to look like chumps no matter what. Just wait until
he gets to Numenor
In theory yes, in practice it's the same actor with an elf wig.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Production design and visuals are stunning. I really hope the writing picks up.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow the male elfs in this show tend to look dorky instead of divine. I guess Orlando Bloom and Lee Pace set a high bar

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I really liked season 1 so I'll like this too. My biggest problem was the plot lines being disconnected but hopefully things start interconnecting.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
I can't watch a whole season just because it looks pretty again, think I got 2 episodes in me to see if it has improved.

shinkie

Oct 26, 2017
Looking good to me. Galadriel in s1 was the best parts of the scripts so hope that continues.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Forgot about all of the terrible human characters lol. They completely dropped the ball on Numenor. Hope they figure it out this time.

Nov 12, 2017
LA,CA
I think one of the problems with S1 was a lack of confidence in the story they wanted to tell. The showrunners knew they caught the big fish but couldn't decide on how to cook it. They tried to be all things to all people. I still enjoyed it though. I hope they play up the horror aspect more. The dark parts of S1 were good.

Oct 25, 2017
was expecting this would only be a tiny tease but it was hefty.
annatar sauron is cool.
august 29th hype
kino is back on the menu

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope S2 will turn things around for me.
I just couldn't care or get attached to any of the characters at all in S1.

ravn0s

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
I am one of a handful that enjoyed the first season so I'm looking forward to this. Glad it's airing in August, I expected end of the year.