• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
15 nominations

F037ADB5-3CDA-4D6D-8868-BEAB64412656.jpg

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved! I wish I could afford the $200 vinyl set from Mondo :(

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds that we're getting Baby Yoda presenting an Emmy tomorrow night

Like 99.9999% guaranteed right

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Have we discussed the season 2 rumours on Era at all? I couldn't see a thread about it.

The rumours say that Pedro had a 'falling out' with the creative team of the show half way through Season 2 filming and left the show at that point - at least physically. This is because he wanted more scenes with the helmet off which they weren't giving him. I'm sure they'll probably manage to get him back for ADR for the voice... right? I mean this is all rumour anyway and with Pedro's recent twitter activity retweeting Mandalorian related stuff - it makes me think... either this is a load of bull OR they've sorted things out and everything is fine now. Either way, I hope we don't see a big shake up which changes things in a negative way half way through the season... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a load of bull.

The Mandalorian (the show) is about Din Djarin and very quickly also about 'Baby Yoda' - if the show ever pivoted away from these two characters, for example Din dying and the search for what to do with Baby Yoda passed to someone else... this kind of fundamentally changes the show. There are a lot of other rumored leaks out there which still heavily include Mando all the way to the finale so if any of those are true then this rumour of Pedro bowing out can't be true really.

Mod Edit: Removed Link

Last edited by a moderator:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have we discussed the season 2 rumours on Era at all? I couldn't see a thread about it.

The rumours say that Pedro had a 'falling out' with the creative team of the show half way through Season 2 filming and left the show at that point - at least physically. This is because he wanted more scenes with the helmet off which they weren't giving him. I'm sure they'll probably manage to get him back for ADR for the voice... right? I mean this is all rumour anyway and with Pedro's recent twitter activity retweeting Mandalorian related stuff - it makes me think... either this is a load of bull OR they've sorted things out and everything is fine now. Either way, I hope we don't see a big shake up which changes things in a negative way half way through the season... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a load of bull.

The Mandalorian (the show) is about Din Djarin and very quickly also about 'Baby Yoda' - if the show ever pivoted away from these two characters, for example Din dying and the search for what to do with Baby Yoda passed to someone else... this kind of fundamentally changes the show. There are a lot of other rumored leaks out there which still heavily include Mando all the way to the finale so if any of those are true then this rumour of Pedro bowing out can't be true really.

I mean, I don't believe the rumors, but if there's ever been a role where it can quickly be passed on to someone else without having to alter the character's fate, it's this one.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017

Grace Randolph is a terrible source for anything.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt he'd leave the show over something like that. He would've known there would be few, if any, scenes where he doesn't wear the helmet and I'm sure he's well compensated for being the lead actor in the show that basically justifies Disney+ subscriptions for millions of people.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Please don't cite Grace Randolph as a source.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I mean, I don't believe the rumors, but if there's ever been a role where it can quickly be passed on to someone else without having to alter the character's fate, it's this one.
Really? I don't know. I really like Din/Mando and would hate if the show continued without him.

I really doubt he'd leave the show over something like that. He would've known there would be few, if any, scenes where he doesn't wear the helmet and I'm sure he's well compensated for being the lead actor in the show that basically justifies Disney+ subscriptions for millions of people.
I agree. Large productions are turbulent things for all members of said production but I really don't think he'd just walk away from this.

Grace Randolph is a terrible source for anything.
Please don't cite Grace Randolph as a source.
I literally have no idea who she is and like I said in my post, I'm in the camp of thinking its bull aka fake anyway. But wanted to see what others thought of the rumour.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I don't know. I really like Din/Mando and would hate if the show continued without him.

I agree. Large productions are turbulent things for all members of said production but I really don't think he'd just walk away from this.

I literally have no idea who she is and like I said in my post, I'm in the camp of thinking its bull aka fake anyway. But wanted to see what others thought of the rumour.
Same scenario with Karl Urban and Dredd. He knew the helmet stayed on

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

I doubt anyone would sign a contract which stipulates wearing a helmet for the majority of filming then thinking they can turn those terms around.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017

Beyond Grace Randolph being absolutely full of shit in any way, I can say with 100% certainty this isn't true.

Also, MANY reliable and far more proven Star Wars insiders have utterly debunked it, and are even clowning on her for saying it.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I doubt anyone would sign a contract which stipulates wearing a helmet for the majority of filming then thinking they can turn those terms around.
I agree yeah, I'm sure he may have moments where he second guessed that - it's only human, but not nearly to the extent this rumour states.

Beyond Grace Randolph being absolutely full of shit in any way, I can say with 100% certainty this isn't true.

Also, MANY reliable and far more proven Star Wars insiders have utterly debunked it, and are even clowning on her for saying it.
That's good to hear, the rumour seemed like total bull to me anyway.

I'm saying the opposite. It would be very easy to transfer the role to another actor. They wouldn't need to affect the character.
Ooooh I see, my bad. Yeah I guess that would work but the voice is quite iconic to me at this point but if they needed to switch it, I could see them doing it yeah.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying the opposite. It would be very easy to transfer the role to another actor. They wouldn't need to affect the character.

Funnily enough we actually already know that Pedro Pascal didn't play The Mandalorian in every episode. There were two other people in that costume when Pascal wasn't available and it's pretty much impossible to tell.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Funnily enough we actually already know that Pedro Pascal didn't play The Mandalorian in every episode. There were two other people in that costume when Pascal wasn't available and it's pretty much impossible to tell.
Honestly I kind of assumed it wasn't him most of the time. They've been suspiciously cagey about how often he is and isn't in the suit to the point that I feel like he's only been in it rarely. I really don't care that much, I still think the show is great. But I do hope we get more of him without the helmet in the future.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017

That is still true to an extent in season 2, though he was in the suit far more often than season 1. He is in the costume for much of Season 2.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Randolph's little crusade against the Mandalorian has been nothing short of amusing.

Girl, you just were wrong. Let it go.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Boundingtocomics is a banned source on era for many many obvious reasons:
7Ri7rzA.png

and Grace Rudolph is a POS grifter who complains about sjws and is a fake insider.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the season (last episode released just yesterday in Finland).

I think the first few episodes weren't that great, but afterwards either I got accustomed to the world or the episodes just got better.

I found the series enjoyable and the best Star Wars stuff I've seen since the original trilogy. I'm interested to continue to season 2 starting next week. But after a year of seeing Baby Yoda gifs and quotes from the series, I have to say it was not as good as I hoped. I love how it doesn't feel the need to bring up all the past known characters of the Star Wars universe, and more uses the Star Wars galaxy as a set dressing for its light but enjoyable short romps here and there.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been feeling the hype with how little has been shown.

I feel like they released way too much info way too quickly with all the casting announcements and whatnot.

but yeah, for what was one of the biggest shows of last year, there seems to be very little hype right now even though the new season premieres in just a few days

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they released way too much info way too quickly with all the casting announcements and whatnot.

but yeah, for what was one of the biggest shows of last year, there seems to be very little hype right now even though the new season premieres in just a few days
I think all the casting news was leaks, they actually haven't officially announced any of the big castings.

Ayeffen

Jan 27, 2020
London, UK
Went back to watch more of the Disney Gallery for Mandalorian ahead of S2. There is such an authenticity and respect for Star Wars' from the team which I just don't get feel from EPs 7-9. You can tell it's all coming from such a different place.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

I think they counting on WOM again since the press will not receive press screeners for the premiere (like season 1). And its not like they need to convince peeps to go out of their house :p

We do know the premiere is 52 minutes, which is the longest episode/chapter yet. Favreau said there is an even varation in episode length this year so hopefully there will be more character/plot development throughout the show.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's nearly done! I was going to post it later this week.

i want it now :(

I think they counting on WOM again since the press will not receive press screeners for the premiere (like season 1). And its not like they need to convince peeps to go out of their house :p

Yeah, I'm sure season 2 will be a big deal. I just wanna feel the hype you know

We do know the premiere is 52 minutes

!

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced that all the trailers and tv spots shown so far are footages from the first 2 episodes.
They are probably hiding all the major reveals and set pieces in this season for a real good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.