Mr. Sandman

Jan 16, 2018
So this is a thing I am going to this year....

26239523_10155031049142115_595192345469899187_n.jpg

It's a country / blues / roots festival with some metal and punk bands headlining it. Hype to finally see Sleep live.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is a thing I am going to this year....

26239523_10155031049142115_595192345469899187_n.jpg

It's a country / blues / roots festival with some metal and punk bands headlining it. Hype to finally see Sleep live.
Awesome! Seeing Sleep live is still one of the best shows I've ever been to, despite the terrible opening band. I even caught one of the picks that Matt threw into the crowd at the end

Splatterpunk

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome thanks! Only heard of Epi and Visceral Disgorge, the other are new to me. I'll check em out! Thanks again!

They lean towards a particular style of brutal death (rawer with a high ping factor) but for me New Standard Elite has been absolutely killing it. Excoriation, Delusional Parasitosis, Embodied Torment, Disentomb, Inherit Disease, etc. Bdm has gotten to the point where literally, no hyperbole I cannot tell many new bands apart, but to me many of their bands actually sound distinct. What a novelty.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Can I recommend Suffocate For Fuck Sake? I've know about them for years yet never listened, but the name has always stuck with me and I randomly remembered it the other day and decided to finally check them out. Anyway, if you're a fan of post-INSERTGENREHERE try this...

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
You take that back! That tour lineup is right up my alley.

I cannot get into leprous at all, tried many times, and the dear hunter is ok, I guess.

I'm probably going to skip this tour, don't want to drive 2 hours during the middle of the work week to go to a concert I probably won't enjoy. I'm sure there'll be another tour in the fall when they release the second part of the album, hopefully with a better lineup.

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
Formerly Giant Robot here. Been gone for a while and took me some time to find this. Hail fucking metal.

Keeping tradition, here's some recent vinyl pick up:

FzdYQ75.jpg

Carcass/Godflesh split - Grind Madness At The BBC Peel Sessions
Carcass session
Godflesh session

Always loved how any of the Peel Sessions recordings sound. Raw, loud, and sheer fucking brutality. Nothing tops the Napalm Death Peel Sessions.

oJNQmgR.jpg

Godflesh - Post Self
This album crushes and is a pretty good balance that fits somewhere between Streetcleaner and Us & Them. Godflesh never disappoints.

yj5Qq5t.jpg

Lm19OUX.jpg

Slaegt - Domus Mysterium
A promising album coming off their Beautiful and Damned EP, but fell a little bit short imo. Thin and dry production sorta hampered it for me. Still a solid album with very Maiden/Mercyful Fate influences

Last edited:

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Just returned from the Kreator gig. Just awesome. Kudos also to Vader, they still know how to rip

And Mille Petrozza liked my photoalbum from the concert on Instagram

Last edited:

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Yoo I fucking love enslaved. Been listening to "E" for a few days now and it's amazing. It was the current talking point on gaf before it went dark, so I haven't been able to talk about it since then. Boy this band is so good.

Also listened to "in times" and "axioma ethica Odíni". I'm not that big into black metal, but this is beyond any black metal I have ever listened to.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm of the opinion that E is their best album since Vertebrae, which at its time was their worse since like the first one.

Until Ruun though, boy what a band and what an evolution. My favorite period is that from Mardraum to Ruun (which is a five album period, not bad).

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Yoo, new BTBAM is fucking fire!!!! I'm getting a lot of parallax (first one in particular) vibes from this one song. Hard as fuck with no punches held back. The keyboards are godly in this, reminds me a lot of the 70s prog rock beginnings of YES, Genesis, etc, it also feels like a Thomas Giles/BTBAM hybrid which is a good thing. I'm fucking hyped for the rest.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I feel like I'm in a perpetual deja vu where there's always a new BTBAM album releasing that is getting accolades for incorporating Yes or Genesis sounding prog. It has to be around a decade now.

Well I'm of the opinion that E is their best album since Vertebrae, which at its time was their worse since like the first one.

Until Ruun though, boy what a band and what an evolution. My favorite period is that from Mardraum to Ruun (which is a five album period, not bad).

Every new Enslaved album in the post-RUUN era impresses me initially but I end up not really digging them when I go back to them after a year or so. There haven't been many songs on the level of Havenless or Enemy I that keep going back to, but the vision and overall feel of the music seems so right. It's weird.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Every new Enslaved album in the post-RUUN era impresses me initially but I end up not really digging them when I go back to them after a year or so. There haven't been many songs on the level of Havenless or Enemy I that keep going back to, but the vision and overall feel of the music seems so right. It's weird.

Yeah, of course they do it very well, it just doesn't work for me the same as before. Even the new one, it's more cool, even the first song kinda reminds me of Heir to the Cosmic Seed, but it isn't the same.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Who's planning on attending Austin Terror Fest this year?

The Lost Well // Friday June 15th // 21+
Yob
40 Watt Sun
Bell Witch
Pinkish Black
Sixes
Of Feather and Bone
Christworm
Crawl
Communion

Barracuda // Saturday June 16th // All Ages
Exhorder
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Come to Grief
Buzzov-en
Cloud Rat
Forn
Goya
CHRCH
Idre
Ripis
The Munsens

The Lost Well // Sunday June 17th // 21+
Acid King
Primitive Man
Krallice
Gnaw
He Whose Ox is Gored
Un
Wayfarer
Desist

OuijaLuigi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Song of the day

Today's song of the day is a live version of Ghost Love Score by Nighwish. While I'm not a huge fan of the band personally and haven't really listened to them since Oceanborn, I was just recently reminded what an amazing singer Floor Jansen is, and how much new life she brings to the band. This has to be one of my all time favorite vocal performances. She really is the best thing to have ever happened to that band.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyome know what Summerlands is up to? That debut LP they put out has been one of my favorite things metal wise in recent memory.

Also god damn at that Atlas Moth