• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2adrfLktI

This was one of my top albums of 2023. Slower and more deliberate death doom like the two you mentioned.

One more since I've been going through my favorites of the early 2000s to start off the year:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCXFqrlDOU

I don't know if this album still has any cachet, but it was hugely popular in my circle when it came out around 2001.

Digging the embeds, particularly SAY. Will add them to my rotation. Cheers!

Speaking of death doom, those Soulsborne loving lads in Soulmass just released a new album. They've dropped the doom and their From obsession this time round, though, for an LP of straightforward Gundam-themed OSDM.

View: https://soulmass.bandcamp.com/album/principality-of-mechanical-violence

Bjorn

Feb 11, 2018
Denmark
Bullet-Trivium-tour-poster-2025.jpg

Fear the ticket prices will be through the roof.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been too busy reliving my youth by assembling personal "Best Album" lists for the early 2000s to listen to many 2024 releases, but while we're dropping new releases I did find the time to enjoy this one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWxxA50LU0

View: https://youtu.be/FOtA3snEByA

View: https://youtu.be/hDJTMEzJXLA

thought I'd recommend this project since their releases are finally coming out on vinyl after so many years of activity under tape banners. I get so much out of seemingly so little from this guy's work. FFO: raw melodic black metal.

I've only listened to a few seconds of the first one, but I'll definitely put some time aside to listen to it properly based off that little bit!

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
New Traveler already, huh

travelermetal.bandcamp.com

Prequel To Madness, by Traveler

9 track album
nice, did not know they were actively working on a third album. I still remember their debut album being relatively unknown, they grew quite a bit in popularity

been listening to the new album this morning, pretty good, but I think I still like Termination Shock more

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Hey tharr fellow metal heads!

As a massive thrash metal fiend I started to gather new singles 2024 into a playlist in order to get a peek at at what could be something I'd really like. Focus on thrash and speed. Old school madness and mosh! Death has no domain here.

open.spotify.com

THRASH METAL New Singles ✊ 2024

THRASH METAL New Singles ✊ 2024 · Playlist · 68 songs · 6 likes

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Hey tharr fellow metal heads!

As a massive thrash metal fiend I started to gather new singles 2024 into a playlist in order to get a peek at at what could be something I'd really like. Focus on thrash and speed. Old school madness and mosh! Death has no domain here.

open.spotify.com

THRASH METAL New Singles ✊ 2024

THRASH METAL New Singles ✊ 2024 · Playlist · 68 songs · 6 likes

Missing some good cuts

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Went to see Haken last night in NYC and it was freaking incredible. My third time seeing them and their performance was phenomenal. Fauna translate so well live, found myself really enjoying some of the songs that I didn't like that much from the record.

That said, I really miss Diego (keyboards) in the band. Some of the older songs aren't the same with Pete's set up, Diego's set up was majestic.

Still, an amazing show and I wish I could them more.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
First impression of the album was pretty positive. I thought it kinda fizzled out in the last track tho. At least on par with Firepower, which was also pretty great.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
New Judas is so good it's unbelievable.

Back when Redeemer of Souls came out I thought it could mark the start of the band's decline and I'm so happy that it was just a dud. Last two albums have been fire.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
New Priest is killer. Prefer the all out assault of Firepower rather that hodgepodge of heavy/rock/thrash but they are both top tits.

Really enjoyed the new Bruce the twat Dickinson as well.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Utterly soulless and forgettable. It's shocking how boring this band became after Projector, or even arguably anything past The Gallery. Damage Done was okay-ish but still nothing like before.

Skydancer and The Gallery are timeless masterpieces, but it seems they just ran out of flavour 25 years ago and never recovered. Shame.
i feel like this is summary of the genre itself post 90s

i like the melo death genre, but the genre has been in stasis since then, the original bands and new ones. its so boring. i like a lot of the good old melo death, i listen quite regularly, in fact was ;listening to some of tracks off damage done just today which agreed is like their last good album, but so much since then is just boring in the genre even outside DQ

death-doom and melo death peaked by end of the 90s

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

i like the melo death genre, but the genre has been in stasis since then, the original bands and new ones. i like a lot of the good old melo death, i listen quite regularly, in fact was ;listening to some of tracks off damage done just today which agreed is like their last good album, but so much since then is just boring in the genre even outside DQ
True I guess. I haven't listened to a new melodeath album since the early 2000's that I cared about I guess. Not sure what happened there, I don't think I outgrew the genre or anything since 90's melodeath still kicks ass.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota

i like the melo death genre, but the genre has been in stasis since then, the original bands and new ones. its so boring. i like a lot of the good old melo death, i listen quite regularly, in fact was ;listening to some of tracks off damage done just today which agreed is like their last good album, but so much since then is just boring in the genre even outside DQ

death-doom and melo death peaked by end of the 90s
The shame with melodeath is that to me, when it's good it's some of my favorite music, and when it's bad it's boring and soulless. I hopped on in the 2010s, so my stamp started with a bit of Amon Amarth and Wintersun. But with Amon Amarth, it feels like they hit their peak at Twilight of the Thunder God and then just never innovated beyond that, to the point where every song sounds the same.

The genre sometimes reminds me of deathcore where it's like everyone is referencing everyone else and making the same tunes.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
New JP is solid so far, gotta give it more spins

Why the f is the vinyl record so expensive though