• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
New Hatchet

Killer, love their progression and in heaven with the bass, can't wait to see them again soon

Oct 27, 2017
arrived yesterday even though the release isn't until 06/29 :)
gave it a spin, and I'm glad I forked out the cash since it's exactly what I was expecting. side A ends very solid and side B continues to build on that.

PAa2Eqz.png

so far it's one of my favorites of the year along with kreisberg meets veras (jazz), but I'm hoping anicon - entropy mantra will be a strong contender.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Kind of curious to know if anyone around here has heard the Tiluland album "Axes of the Universe"?

They're a bunch of rad instrumentals and it's a bummer that they didn't make another album, as far as I know.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I need some good, new death metal. What is everyone listening to today? Looking forward to that Tomb Mold album dropping later this week.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
I need some good, new death metal. What is everyone listening to today? Looking forward to that Tomb Mold album dropping later this week.
The new Torture Rack is great and the new Akhenaten is fun. Aside from Tomb Mold coming at the end of the week, the new Taphos drops the same day and that should be good as well.

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/malefic-humiliation
https://akhenatenmusic.bandcamp.com/album/golden-serpent-god
https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.com/album/come-ethereal-somberness

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Just threw on that Torture Rack album while working. Good stuff. Love how grimey it sounds.

Martoridley

Oct 29, 2017
I just recently saw Meshuggah live at Rock am Ring....can I just say..HO-LEE SHIT!! The best concert I've ever been to, it was so much fun! That groove, the brutality! So awesome. And I caught one of Tomas Haakes Drumsticks, which is nice.

Oct 27, 2017
I just recently saw Meshuggah live at Rock am Ring....can I just say..HO-LEE SHIT!! The best concert I've ever been to, it was so much fun! That groove, the brutality! So awesome. And I caught one of Tomas Haakes Drumsticks, which is nice.
they're definitely one of those bands that are even better live than on album. I've been able to see them 6 times and I'm still excited every time they come to town. zero haake sticks here though :P

Oct 27, 2017
That Micawber album at is pretty cool, but I'm not feeling anything else about it. The band logo looks like some early 2000's WordArt shit and the guitar tone, vocals, and everything else sounds like a more extreme Machine Head.

Edit: Damn, I went to bed last night reading about Ralph Santolla being in a coma after a heart attack. I don't think I personally listened to much of anything he did, but I remember him joining Deicide and instantly making them relevant and respectable again amongst metal fans. Bummer to hear he died.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Today is already Thursday again...time flies. We still have an opening for the Thursday song of the day if anyone is interested in stepping up or swapping days.

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
The Key rules. Excellent riffing with a lot of thrash undertones. Too bad the follow up albums & eps suck.

latest

Bonus: Also one of the ugliest looking bands.

OP
OP
lordxar

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Don't really care much about them but it does seem like an odd stance since (I think) they cover Varg/Burzum and Faust/Emperor.

He's no longer controversial so their making something to get clicks off his name. That's my take anyway. Bet a dollar him or his band hits that site again in the future.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I always got As I Lay Dying confused with A Life Once Lost. The latter was much better though.

Purkinje

Jan 20, 2018

If you like Demilich or Chthe'ilist, I highly recommend this Canadian band Exlimitir. Really wonky, dissonant riffs, crazy bass tone, and some really crazy melodies.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly found Dream State on YouTube related videos. Seems like they haven't made a ton of songs, but what they have is great. Sounds kinda Metalcore-ish but with not as much screaming. Not sure what to call it, but it is great.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Randomly found Dream State on YouTube related videos. Seems like they haven't made a ton of songs, but what they have is great. Sounds kinda Metalcore-ish but with not as much screaming. Not sure what to call it, but it is great.

Not for me, seems like the band is playing one thing and the singer is just winging her parts over a different track.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
As I Lay Dying are freaking back with the original lineup that was 6 years ago. and a new great song. One of the greatest comebacks in metalcore

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
We are the youth gone wild.

Believe it or not, i have been listening to both in the last couple of weeks. Shit still holds up.

Fuck Warrant though, that shit was always bad