Status
Not open for further replies.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I genuinely think byleth is as bottom as the barrel you can go. Not even people that wanted *another* FE character wanted Byleth. Theres no where to go but up after wasting everyone's time and money with that character
Byleth also had the worst trailer in Smash history, a good trailer can change perception on a character but nothing about that trailer was hype-inducing

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
Its time to add a character from one of the most famous franchises in Japan that recently become an important IP in the West and now have a new game announced for the Switch.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still expect Doom Guy/master chief, but I think it will be a surprise announcement like Joker. Probably the last one.

For now I think it's gonna be first party, and I really can't think any other than Paper Mario... Maybe Captain Toad ( since regular Toad is a move from Peach).

Elma from Xenoblade X is not very famous and bandana dee is a minor enemy from kirby, really doubt they will show up.

And Geno is a pipedream.
everybody asking who is the new character, but nobody asking how's the new character

:(

That's because he/she is happy as fuck to be in Smash. Characters basically kill each other for that invitation.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I can't help but have a some bad feeling about that "followed by a brief message from M. Sakurai".
I don't know why.
Maybe that's "just" slightly bad news like delayed characters (FP2 ending in 2022) because of the pandemic, but I'm already thinking about really bad news like Sakurai having health issues or announcing his retirement for whatever reason.

Well, at least we'll know who the next character is and their presentation will probably be released later, like one day or two before the release.
I also don't think Sakurai will present the character himself this time, not sure how that'd be done though.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I really hope it's not a sword wielder. I'll make a small concession for keyblades but let's get some more interesting fighters than Dante or other PS All-Stars fighters.

Creating a spirit bomb for best boy Geno.

d9uwvnl-37674dad-44a1-4cb7-8055-18185884308d.gif

Feb 24, 2018
My policy is always expect the character you want most WON'T be it. It helps temper expectations and it makes it sweater if it is them (in my case a Digimon rep or Cooking Mama) (:

Surprisingly short for a character announcement given the 30 minute long ones they usually do.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting disappointment.

Which is why I'm expecting a new Pokemon.

That would be VERY disappointing....

I wouldn't be sad with paper mario, but it would be lackluster compared to the rest of the cast.
There would be some creative attacks though, and, if he is in, I can bet the trailer would show him vs Game & watch since he is the only 2D character in the game.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I forgot about Dixie Kong. Yeah, I think she's still probably the most "why aren't you already in this game?" Character left.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
My policy is always expect the character you want most WON'T be it. It helps temper expectations and it makes it sweater if it is them (in my case a Digimon rep or Cooking Mama) (:

Surprisingly short for a character announcement given the 30 minute long ones they usually do.
Announcements itselft are short and around 3 minutes, but the directs with Sakurai explaining everything are long.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What???? The fuck??? Whys everyone getting so horny for pyrhha and mythra if theyre supposed to be his love interests then

Context: have not played XB2

Pyra and Mythra are immortal Blades (a different sentient race to humanity) who look like grown women.

Look I don't get it either. I don't fuck with Xenoblade 2.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What???? The fuck??? Whys everyone getting so horny for pyrhha and mythra if theyre supposed to be his love interests then

"Good old anime excuse": They are really XYZ years old because *insert stupid reason why young looking character is actually an adult*.

In XB2 case, they're blades, not humans and can't really "die". And they've existed since whatever hundred years ago.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I think it will be a big one, they surely planned a big announcement for E3's presentation.

A Pokemon or other 1st party fighter seems a better fit for a January 2021 fighter, and after 2 1st party fighters I think they want to have something unexpected and surprising (unless the entire 2nd pack is 1st party characters, which would be nice).

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

First, 15 year olds can be horny for people who are older than themselves, I'm not defending the game's romance, just to be clear. Also Pyra and Mythra definitely fall into the "but they're technically super old" argument that 1000 year old dragons would use. Though they don't look like children like Rex and other stereotypical 1000 year old dragon characters.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's still so strange, especially since Smash 4 had Rhythm Heaven enemies!
I'd imagine that the 3DS ultimately screwed the Chorus Kids over. They're the only ones from the Sal Romano leak that we never explicitly mentioned by Sakurai (he mentioned Chrom as being in the running), though we do know thanks to datamining that a Rhythm Heaven character was worked on to some degree. Given that we later found out that said leak was running off outdated information, it's safe to assume that the RH rep was intended to be the Chorus Kids.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im gonna throw out the wild card

Track and Field Pyramid Head

Lets go
First, 15 year olds can be horny for people who are older than themselves, I'm not defending the game's romance, just to be clear. Also Pyra and Mythra definitely fall into the "but they're technically super old" argument that 1000 year old dragons would use. Though they don't look like children like Rex and other stereotypical 1000 year old dragon characters.
Rex looks the same age as Pyra to me, every XB character that isnt a stoic hardass has that babyface

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
My heart says Crash, but my gut says otherwise, especially with Nintendo's unpredictable nature. I honestly got no real expectations outside of that...

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Expecting:
To be disappointed by Rillaboom (or another Pokemon)

Wouldn't mind:
Impa or one of the champions

Would like to see:
Rex & Pyra/Mythra, or a third party character

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Blaziken, Geno, BomberMan or Shantae

Any of these 4 would be great

It's gonna be a Zelda or Xenoblade character (or the damn fire starter from sword/shield >.>)

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I want Lora + Jin and Haze from Xenoblade 2, they could have a cool switching mechanic, and make their final smash a full driver combo.
This is what I would love the most, especially since the three have different mechanics, but if Xenoblade gets another rep, then it would most likely be Rex.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I love DMC, but honestly if I had to pick between the two, I'd say Travis should be in first. He's a little more visually distinct from the rest of the cast, and his series has been intricately tied with Nintendo.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
2B or not 2B. Pokémon or Dante are my guesses.
Don't think XC2 duo or Travis will make it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.