• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'm now reminded of iwata asks, those were always fantastic to read and gave such a great insight into nintendo and the different people who worked there, many of whom i was introduced to by reading those interviews. if the world wasn't so cruel we would have had iwata asks for botw and odyssey.
Agreed, but even back when they were a thing, I always wanted to see more of a shake-up in who responded to the "asks" series, even if Iwata was always present. A big part of me believes it is mainly out of a lot of developers' and gaming staff at Nintendo's desire to not be in the spotlight out of modesty or a disinterest in fame, but Iwata always struck me as the type who'd more than happily try and spotlight a lot of people at Nintendo this way if they chose to.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm now reminded of iwata asks, those were always fantastic to read and gave such a great insight into nintendo and the different people who worked there, many of whom i was introduced to by reading those interviews. if the world wasn't so cruel we would have had iwata asks for botw and odyssey.

Agreed, I miss it so much.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I think Aonuma might actually be working on Metroid Prime 4!

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
"What is Mr. Aonuma's favorite Nintendo franchise?"

"Metroid."

"What? Why?"

CpOrLr3XgAARLb7.jpg

This exchange in the video had me dying, lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And it's not really his real answer.

Aonuma wrote "Metroid?" and when Koizumi asked "What, why?" Aonuma responded that he thought Koizumi would throw him a curve ball.

Aonuma was trying to guess what Koizumi would guess.
Aonuma must've thought they were going to start promoting Metroid Prime 4 since it's probably coming this year.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
I dunno if I'm living in a Nintendo bubble but, Iwata, Miyamoto, Aunoma, Koizumi and Reggie seem really likeable and fun. Does Sony and Microsoft have personalities like this and I'm just ignorant of them?
I guess Sony's equivalents are/were Shu Yoshida, Adam Boyes, Kaz Hirai, and Mark Cerny. They've all been rad dudes.

Phil Spencer's been okay at MS since he took the reins, but yeah, MS hasn't really had much in way of teams of personalities, they've just kinda cycled through one main presentation guy, from Blackley to Moore to J Allard to *shudder* Mattrick to Spencer, with any supporting cast well in the background.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Sony's equivalents are/were Shu Yoshida, Adam Boyes, Kaz Hirai, and Mark Cerny. They've all been rad dudes.

Phil Spencer's been okay at MS since he took the reins, but yeah, MS hasn't really had much in way of teams of personalities, they've just kinda cycled through one main presentation guy, from Blackley to Moore to J Allard to *shudder* Mattrick to Spencer, with any supporting cast well in the background.
Mark Cerny isn't on their level at all.

Bagu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to imagine what an Aonuma Metroid would be like. Just one super massive dungeon where Samsus has to fight Calamity Ridley.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
Aonuma' Link drawing is pretty cute and accurate! <3
Make the thief game and not Metroid though plz

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I don't know why people want Aonuma to direct a 2D Metroid of all things, if anything he should direct the third-person Metroid adventure that people have been asking for all these years.