modiz

Oct 8, 2018
just a correction, seems like the upgrade might not be "free", at least in japan the upgrade is free for the collectors edition, but you need to pay 110 yen for the standard edition upgrade (pretty much 1 dollar so that doesnt really matter either way, im not even sure why that low barrier is there, might be related to laws in japan)
nioh 1 does not offer an upgrade.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
just a correction, seems like the upgrade might not be "free", at least in japan the upgrade is free for the collectors edition, but you need to pay 110 yen for the standard edition upgrade (pretty much 1 dollar so that doesnt really matter either way)
nioh 1 does not offer an upgrade.
Oh that's not too bad I guess, kinda resent having to pay for the upgrade when I already bought the base game and all DLC though lol

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So sick. I never got around to playing it when I bought it earlier in the year. Figured I would wait for PC but I may as well grab it for free now!

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Damn, Nioh was like the first game i got for PS4 Pro & was advertised as 4K, now they are selling a remaster, at 4K?

Dec 21, 2017
Nice, I haven't picked up either of the Nioh games, but this sounds great.

...Is it not coming in a physical variant? If not, that blows.

PS5 features detailed
OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
■ New features and elements of PlayStation®5 version
Supports 4K resolution / 120fps
Improving the quality of various graphics
Faster loading time
Supports PS5 ™ activity function
Supports haptic feedback
Adaptive trigger support
Cross-matching with PS4 ™ version players
Saved data can be transferred from PS4 ™ to PS5 ™
Supports 3D Audio

EDIT: The Source: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh2/ce/

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I'm trying to understand what the best upgrade path is for someone like me who has Nioh 1 digitally on PS4 and Nioh 2 on disc.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Thats reminds me, Im halfway through Nioh1, gottaa get back to it. Great PS Plus game.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
The upgrade path for Nioh 2 is great, but - unless i'm blind - I don't see any mention of Nioh 1 upgrade path. I assume you'd have to buy the remastered version of 1 on PS5 if you own the complete edition on PS4?

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing news. Nioh 2 was on my to play list this year, was waiting for PS5 to play the unlocked cinematic mode at 60fps, but now it's going to be 120. Love it.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Very good, haven't played these games yet so will be sure to get this version! :)

Provided it's a good port that is, slicky smooth gameplay will suit me just fine.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
YESSS!
The Collection is SO MUCH VALUE, absolutely going to pick that up since I still have to play all Nioh 1's dlcs and Nioh 2

Just perfection, and with 4K, 120fps mode and cross-save! Great work, this series keeps on delivering

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Okay, so I'm trying to understand what the best upgrade path is for someone like me who has Nioh 1 digitally on PS4 and Nioh 2 on disc.
nioh 1 does not offer an upgarde path.
nioh 2 has an upgrade path, in japan you need to pay around a dollar to get the upgraded version, need to see yet how is it working everywhere else.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Funny, i was waiting on Nioh 2 until the DLCs were released and until i can play on PS5, because i won't use my jet-engine Pro anymore.

Guess i just get this then.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
xFuXqdm.png

Your move Sony.
Christ almighty. That's excellent.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
nioh 1 does not offer an upgarde path.
nioh 2 has an upgrade path, in japan you need to pay around a dollar to get the upgraded version, need to see yet how is it working everywhere else.

Noted. I want this digitally so I think I'll end up having to just buy the full collection digitally anyway, as it doesn't sound like I can upgrade my PS4 Nioh 2 disc to a digital PS5 copy.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Super stoked about both announcements (Nioh Collection PS5 and Nioh 2 PC). Can't wait to get Nioh 2 on PC in particular, been waiting for it for a while now.

Hope DualSense support is great on PS5, might consider double dipping if it's really good.

Oct 27, 2017
Got the first game on PS Plus last year. Really enjoyed it, I spent 3 weeks of my college break last year playing it non-stop and going for the plat! Never went for the DLCs since people say it's really tough.

Haven't played the second one yet (heard good things about it), gonna fix that when this collection arrives

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like you can't upgrade Nioh 1 at all. Nioh 2 disc you can, although it'll only give you DLCs that you already own.

If you want remastered Nioh 1 and all the DLC for Nioh 2 (and don't already own them) then maybe just buy the Collection?

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like you can't upgrade Nioh 1 at all. Nioh 2 disc you can, although it'll only give you DLCs that you already own.

If you want remastered Nioh 1 and all the DLC for Nioh 2 (and don't already own them) then maybe just buy the Collection?

Yeah, that sounds like it's going to have to be the case. I literally just bought the Nioh 2 season pass when it was on sale recently in preparation for PS5 too. Oh well.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
So, Nioh 1 isn't upgradable? I have it from PS+, though I wouldn't mind buying it properly with the DLC for sweet 4k/60 on PS5.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like it's going to have to be the case. I literally just bought the Nioh 2 season pass when it was on sale recently in preparation for PS5 too. Oh well.

Well if you already own all of Nioh 2 (and all of that will upgrade) then maybe just buy the Nioh 1 Remaster?

I can't see any price information so who knows what will be the best path tbh.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
great news as far as PC...I never played the first game although as a huge fan of the Souls games I was tempted but something about the game looked very repetitive in terms of enemies and level design...I thought Nioh 2 would make some bigger changes but it sounds basically the same...but I am more interested in picking up Nioh 2 versus the first game

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have both deluxe digital on PS4. Both can be upgraded or only the second ?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I was already going to do the Nioh 2 DLC on PS5 with better framerates, but this is even better.

I did notice that it says PS4 owners of the complete edition can upgrade with 'no additional cost', but PS4 owners of the original Nioh 2 release it doesn't say no additional cost. Maybe it's just badly worded.
It appears to be that for new players, the only option will be the Complete Edition. For existing players, you'll get the PS5 version of whatever Nioh 2 content you own. If you get the PS4 Complete Edition, then you'll get the PS5 upgrade for it, which will obviously match the PS5 Complete Edition.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great news as far as PC...I never played the first game although as huge fan of the Souls game I was tempted but something about the game looked very repetitive and had a drab color palette...I thought Nioh 2 would make some bigger changes but it sounds basically the same

It kiiiinda is but it addresses alot of the faults. Namely enemy variety, and the areas are a bit more interesting and varied.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No upgrade for Nioh 1 sucks, even though I don't see myself coming back to that game with 2 existing.