• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
When I scratch behind my right ear and sniff my finger it smells like cheese, but if I scratch behind my left ear and sniff it doesn't smell like a thing. Why is this?
I've tried different soaps and shampoos but it still happens.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
When I scratch behind my right ear and sniff my finger it smells like cheese, but if I scratch behind my left ear and sniff it doesn't smell like a thing. Why is this?
I've tried different soaps and shampoos but it still happens.

I wish I could give you more help but all I have to say is that's how my gauges used to smell. Took them out years ago and it's gone away. Really is odd that it is one ear and not the other.

https://www.littlethings.com/stinky-ear-cheese/

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sometimes my back molars feel like they are loose? It's only once in a while and like they almost feel like they are bouncing around in my gums when I exercise. Is this like a diet thing? They don't feel like cavities and I brush and floss.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes my back molars feel like they are loose? It's only once in a while and like they almost feel like they are bouncing around in my gums when I exercise. Is this like a diet thing? They don't feel like cavities and I brush and floss.
Teeth are slightly movable, but you should still be evaluated by a dentist. When is the last time you went?

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
For a few months now, I've not been able to open folders by right clicking the explorer icon in the task bar and then left clicking one of the frequently used folders. I have to instead right click the folder I want and then click Open in the context menu. I used to be able to do it the easier way before one of the annoyingly large Windows updates. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a question. Why the heck can't I get ResetEra to show up among the 8 pages in Chrome, that you see when you open it up or open a new tab? I've tried deleting cookies/history and still it doesn't show up there. Other sites do show up, sometimes after 1 visit. AARRGH.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
So when I write a post here on Resetera, sometimes the text suddenly shrinks after pressing space. Why is that?
I press ctrl-z, get the text at the right size again, but lose the last couple of words I had typed.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
On mobile... anyone see that dude on the top left where the logo is? In place of the T in "Reset".

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On mobile... anyone see that dude on the top left where the logo is? In place of the T in "Reset".
That is Chibi Robo, a Nintendo character.

The official USA Nintendo account tweeted a picture of him.
Currently, a batch of users are strongly hoping there will be a Nintendo Direct (their method of announcing games etc.) and there is a very busy thread on gaming side consisting of hype-train and begging posts.
The admins are hilarious and stuck Chibi into the logo.

Oct 25, 2017
If I add a gift card to my AMC stubs account online, can I use that gift card to pay at a movie theater? I like by my movie tickets in person but I don't want to carry the gift card with me all the time.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible for Trump to resign and go back to his life of luxury, or is he doomed regardless of how the presidency ends for him? Is it most likely that he's going to face a shit ton of charges non collusion related, which will leave he and his family in financial ruin??

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
My Paypal has been locked ages ago due to someone trying (and failing to) log in from that PSN hack and they want me to send them scans of my ID to prove my identity.
I assume my details are blacklisted until I do it? (I don't have a credit card to assign to it)

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to get rid of pop-up scam shit on iPhone? I'm using Safari and I get way too many "congratulations you won blah blah blah" pop ups on various sites. I have to completely close Safari to get rid of it since it takes over the entire page.
The pop up blocker is already on.

Oct 27, 2017
In the raidioactive man episode of simpsons there's a scene where ralph is auditioning for the fallout boy part, but it turns out he just wanted to ask the lunch lady what was for lunch. the director says, "next!" and ralph says, "chicken necks?"

I watch random stuff with french subtitles sometimes, and in this scene in french the next/necks pun is replaced with pitie/du pate. Is the director saying, "pitiful"? and ralph hears "pate" that meat spread stuff? or is there more context when you know french better? like chicken necks would be a weird gross thing for school lunch in the US. Just curious and it's not really something you can look up. Thanks!
2H8pHCLzA_EnEybHfZfAgU90Xbc=.gif

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When you cut, let's say, aluminum foil with scissors, what chemical "bonds" are broken? Is a small amount of energy released? Can these bonds only be reformed by adding heat (melting or softening)?

Seems like such an obvious thing but I'm not sure.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The forum updated about a month ago and ever since I have not been able to go back to the last post I read in a thread upon reentering it. It was extremely useful when I first joined this forum and now it's seemingly absent. I have to remember the last page I was on, where as before I didn't, it would just take me there. Is this something I have to enable?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The forum updated about a month ago and ever since I have not been able to go back to the last post I read in a thread upon reentering it. It was extremely useful when I first joined this forum and now it's seemingly absent. I have to remember the last page I was on, where as before I didn't, it would just take me there. Is this something I have to enable?
You use the purple flaggy thing, not the thread title. If there's no purple flaggy thing, there weren't any newer posts.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
When you cut, let's say, aluminum foil with scissors, what chemical "bonds" are broken? Is a small amount of energy released? Can these bonds only be reformed by adding heat (melting or softening)?

Seems like such an obvious thing but I'm not sure.
I know it seems obvious, but as a chemist I can tell you when you get down to the molecular scale, let alone atomic, nothing is simple. Short answers are inter-molecular bonds, yes, and technically you wouldn't be reforming the bonds you'd be making completely new ones (not to mention heat generally destroys bonds it doesn't create new ones, but you asked about a metal alloy).
There should be some enlightening discussion here: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/134119/how-does-a-knife-cut-things-at-the-atomic-level

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know it seems obvious, but as a chemist I can tell you when you get down to the molecular scale, let alone atomic, nothing is simple. Short answers are inter-molecular bonds, yes, and technically you wouldn't be reforming the bonds you'd be making completely new ones (not to mention heat generally destroys bonds it doesn't create new ones, but you asked about a metal alloy).
There should be some enlightening discussion here: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/134119/how-does-a-knife-cut-things-at-the-atomic-level
Thanks! Really interesting stuff.

Turbo

Jan 7, 2018
I watch random stuff with french subtitles sometimes, and in this scene in french the next/necks pun is replaced with pitie/du pate. Is the director saying, "pitiful"? and ralph hears "pate" that meat spread stuff? or is there more context when you know french better? like chicken necks would be a weird gross thing for school lunch in the US. Just curious and it's not really something you can look up. Thanks!

You're right. The director is using "pity" as an interjection it's more like a sigh and Ralph understands "pâté" which is a mixture of meat and stuff that you usually spread on bread. In the french version of this episode there's not even a pun, the director says "next" and Ralph says "Noodle gratin ?".

Oct 27, 2017
You're right. The director is using "pity" as an interjection it's more like a sigh and Ralph understands "pâté" which is a mixture of meat and stuff that you usually spread on bread. In the french version of this episode there's not even a pun, the director says "next" and Ralph says "Noodle gratin ?".
Haha. Perfect. thank you!
Made me look up best of Ralph in French. Holds up!

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Why the hell don't watched thread alerts work on this site? I rarely get notified about new activity and always have to go find the topics I want, and often there are entire days of posts to look through. What gives?

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
People that wear contacts: are daily disposables much more comfortable than the ones you throw out after 2-3 weeks?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People that wear contacts: are daily disposables much more comfortable than the ones you throw out after 2-3 weeks?

They're always gonna much more "refresshing", but not convenience wise, meh.

I use air optix Night/Day, that are good for thirty days. If you're blind like me, they're a god send to not have to worry most nights/mornings about seeing.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell don't watched thread alerts work on this site? I rarely get notified about new activity and always have to go find the topics I want, and often there are entire days of posts to look through. What gives?
Xenforo gives around 3 updates and then assumes you didn't care so stops telling you to prevent overwhelming you.

It's better to use your watch list and look for the New Post purple flag than to rely on the alerts because of it.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
How do you send an invoice to an employer? A freelance writing job I have just changed their policy to require us to email an invoice of our work for the month (so 2 columns for me), but I honestly don't know what that entails. Is an invoice a specific form? Just an email saying "hey I need to be paid for 2 columns this month"?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you send an invoice to an employer? A freelance writing job I have just changed their policy to require us to email an invoice of our work for the month (so 2 columns for me), but I honestly don't know what that entails. Is an invoice a specific form? Just an email saying "hey I need to be paid for 2 columns this month"?

Grab one of these:

generic-invoice-form-2016.gif

Add your pertinent info, make up an invoice number, save as pdf, email.

Add some fluff about "If payment is not received within 5 days, 5% interest will be charge on a per day basis" in really small print that nobody reads at the bottom

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking for documentaries on the Pyramids, specifically how they were built. Interested in high production values, with actual science. Doesn't have to have all the answers, but no alien talk.
For instance "we don't know quite how they did this" is ok, but "we don't know quite how they did this (but it could've been aliens)" is not ok.

Any recommendations? Extra plus if they're available for streaming.

As this is for my mother, and she really doesn't like to read anymore, only documentaries and no book suggestions please, thank you.

Edit: I've found 2 so far, on youtube, Building the Great Pyramids, and "The secret of the Great pyramid - Khufu revealed" both seem to be a BBC productions, so I've got high hopes, but I'll gladly take more suggestions.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017

I believe elements is more for enhancing your photos as well as a few other small bits. If you want full photo manipulation and creation then that's the wrong one, you'll want Photoshop CC (or an earlier version).

Yes. Not only are they more comfortable but the convince is so much better. When I first got contacts I was on monthly. Changed to dailies about 6 years ago if not longer and couldn't go back to monthlies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I believe elements is more for enhancing your photos as well as a few other small bits. If you want full photo manipulation and creation then that's the wrong one, you'll want Photoshop CC (or an earlier version).

Yeah someone else mentioned CC is the way to go.
They recommended the photography bundle.
Looks to be the cheapest one. All i want to do at this point is just learn so dont want to break the bank haha.
I wish they sold a non subscription bundle for the newest version -.-

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I bought a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones today which I was going to use when I play videogames. When I got home I realized I forgot that the soundbar that I have for my TV isn't connected with Bluetooth, and that it works because the bar and the TV are both LG. Oops.

So I'm wondering how I can listen to sound from my TV with my bluetooth headphones. I looked some things up and read that you can use an adapter. This is all very complicated for me but found this:

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video-accessories/lg-AN-WF500-usb-adapter

So I just want to double check if I can buy this thing and finally play games with headphones? I still don't get what the main function of that thing is, but it's the closest that I'm getting.