• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Against the Storm by AvianAviator (January 4th, 2023)
December 8th, 2023

This game came out last month but has no OT yet, figured I would try it?
just a reminder, from the OP:

You do not need to claim threads that are just random threads about a thing or an issue or an idea.If you want to post a Salami OT, or your local bathouse just go ahead and do it. No need to go through this procedure. Same goes for already released games/products. If you have an OT ready to go for something that is already in the past, you do not need to claim it either as there is a super low chance someone was working on the same thing. This is for products/events/media releases that are tied to release dates and follow a certain pattern. Claiming OTs is a measure to avoid conflict and multiple people putting work into elaborate threads on the same thing. In general, follow the rules about creating threads found in the Resetera General FAQ at the very bottom (right) of every page.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Alright... designing the Person 3 Reload OT has given me that itch again, time to claim some OTs

Helldivers 2 by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
Feburary 8, 2024

Pacific Drive by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
Feburary 22, 2024

Stellar Blade by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
April 26, 2024

Homeworld 3 by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
May 13, 2024 (May 10, 2024, 72 hour early access with some versions)

That should keep me busy for a couple of months.

Edit 1: Updated release date for Homeworld 3 as it was delayed to May.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Alright... designing the Person 3 Reload OT has given me that itch again, time to claim some OTs

Helldivers 2 by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
Feburary 8, 2024

Pacific Drive by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
Feburary 22, 2024

Homeworld 3 by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
March 8, 2024

Stellar Blade by iFirez (Feburary 1, 2024)
April 26, 2024

That should keep me busy for a couple of months.
www.youtube.com

Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack (Official Music Video)

REMASTERED IN HD!Official music video for Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack. (C) 1996 WEA.Pre-order Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Vinyl LP https://MarkMo...

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Will have to drop my claim on the Dragon's Dogma II OT unfortunately as I'll be very busy over the next two months-ish. The Switch port of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was my second OT on this site and I've been super hyped for the sequel which makes it all the more sadder that I won't be able to see it through :((

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Will have to drop my claim on the Dragon's Dogma II OT unfortunately as I'll be very busy over the next two months-ish. The Switch port of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was my second OT on this site and I've been super hyped for the sequel which makes it all the more sadder that I won't be able to see it through :((
I gotchu! Taking the claim for Dragon's Dogma II off of vestan 's hands.

Dragon's Dogma II by iFirez (December 22nd, 2023)
(March 22nd, 2023)

Let me know if you have any ideas already or an OT title or anything. I'll start work on it next month as Homeworld 3 was delayed so I'll have time :)

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Let me know if you have any ideas already or an OT title or anything. I'll start work on it next month as Homeworld 3 was delayed so I'll have time :)
I was thinking of going with "B.B.S. RPG" as that was the working title of the original. It pays respect to the original vision Itsuno had which we seem to be getting in its uncompromised form this time around with the improved pawns, Beastren, larger world (Vermund + Battahl) and the cycle of eternal return starting anew. It's your OT though. Feel free to go with whatever you want.

maxresdefault.jpg

LErncVZ.png

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I was thinking of going with "B.B.S. RPG" as that was the working title of the original. It pays respect to the original vision Itsuno had which we seem to be getting in its uncompromised form this time around with the improved pawns, Beastren, larger world (Vermund + Battahl) and the cycle of eternal return starting anew. It's your OT though. Feel free to go with whatever you want.

maxresdefault.jpg

LErncVZ.png
Appreciate that. I was a fan of the first game so I'll make something that lives up that legacy and showcases the new game for sure. B.B.S. RPG works well too.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Appreciate that. I was a fan of the first game so I'll make something that lives up that legacy and showcases the new game for sure. B.B.S. RPG works well too.
I gotchu! Taking the claim for Dragon's Dogma II off of vestan 's hands.

Dragon's Dogma II by iFirez (December 22nd, 2023)
(March 22nd, 2023)

Yes, here is an OT title suggestion:

Dragon's Dogma 2 : Return of the King

A valid lord of the rings reference and the fact that dragon's dogma isn't playing the fuck around.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Okay. So then who updates the Opencritc? Mods. Not sure how that works since OC /MC are gonna change like every 20 minutes.
If the OC/MC scores are in the review threads title - then people (or the OP) can request Mods to update that yeah. If its just the OC/MC scores in the thread its self then the OP can update that as regularly as possible. If the OP is offline/asleep...etc mods may post updates in the thread, threadmark it so people can see and then the OP can update the first post when they wake up too. However, I'd suggest that if someone is posting a review thread that they make themselves somewhat readily available for the main bulk of time reviews are posted - not a whole day but the main influx usually happens over a few hours and the MC/OC scores can fluxuate wildly in that time, so review thread posters can be logged in and updating their review thread posts regularly in that time. Then after the initial wave, when scores usually fluxuate 1 point here and there, the OP can be less stressed about keeping it update super frequently.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
If the OC/MC scores are in the review threads title - then people (or the OP) can request Mods to update that yeah. If its just the OC/MC scores in the thread its self then the OP can update that as regularly as possible. If the OP is offline/asleep...etc mods may post updates in the thread, threadmark it so people can see and then the OP can update the first post when they wake up too. However, I'd suggest that if someone is posting a review thread that they make themselves somewhat readily available for the main bulk of time reviews are posted - not a whole day but the main influx usually happens over a few hours and the MC/OC scores can fluxuate wildly in that time, so review thread posters can be logged in and updating their review thread posts regularly in that time. Then after the initial wave, when scores usually fluxuate 1 point here and there, the OP can be less stressed about keeping it update super frequently.
one would hope that's a given when someone wants to assume the responsibility of posting a thread like this.