• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff also confirmed OWL stage 3 replays. Will be a separate install, just like how the World Cup viewer was so PC only for now.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new graphic for Defense Matrix but god if thats all the changes were getting going into the next stage I'm not sure how interested I am in watching a lot of matches. So sick of Goats.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Bunker buffs tho 👀
giphy.gif

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The Defense Matrix's new look is sweet, I like it a lot. Much easier to see from an opponent perspective too.

I was really hoping for some sort of AOE heal stacking fix in this PTR, but I guess not. Seems like we're gonna have GOATS for all of season 2, ladies and gents. Go ahead and prepare for either Shock or Titans being the Stage 3 and Season Champions.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if I'll watch Stage 3 lmao. Already reaaally selective of matches due to how much I end up falling asleep with the same shit going on.

This sucks.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Damn The_Strokes , 1600 posts in this thread

I'm the runner up with about 1000

Wow, I really should stop posting that much, lmao.

He's the only one watching contenders, carrying the T2 scene on his back

Nah, there's a few people that lurk more but also watch Contenders, just trying to get some discussion going on.
I don't know how one can stomach too much Goats, it's not healthy.

Well, only two teams played mostly pure 3-3 in the Pacific Showdown, so it's not aaaall goats.

Here's the vod for Day 1, not gonna spoil the results, but overall, pretty much the expected outcomes. Also lol at the clearly biased Aussie casters thinking a Chinese team was the worst of the bunch when there's a, ahem, Australian team in the tournament.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh nice I'm only on the second page of posters. Coulda made the first page but I, uh, got banned for a bit.

I'm sure I'll be back up there by the end cuz I can't not watch overwatch league.

Anyway I wonder if these recent ptr changes will make it into the stage. Not that it'll do much.

I have a feeling well have a repeat of the first season where there'll be a big sweeping change for the last stage and we'll end up with teams in the finals who aren't actually good at whatever the new meta is because they accumulated points in the old meta.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking WHAT!? Bizarre that the league commissioner is announced that he's leaving the company mid-season.

Edit: He's going to Epic!?

Overwatch League commissioner Nate Nanzer announced Friday that he will leave Activision Blizzard next week, and league sources told ESPN he plans to take a job overseeing competitive esports at Epic Games as his tenure with OWL ends.

Last edited:

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man idk what to make of this, but it's pretty crazy to lose him mid season, so suddenly. Especially with a large change coming next season with teams supposedly having to manage their own arenas in their home cities.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Quick update on the Pacific Showdown:

Order (Australia) lost to T1W (China) and Talon esports (Pacific) defeated LGE Huya (China) on losers round 1, which means China lost a spot for the guantlet and the Aussie region won't be making an appearance at all since they already only had the one spot for the Showdown. Worth noting LGE were the Chinese contenders and T1W got swept in the finals.

EM and O2 are going up next on winners side and then the rematch between Talon and T1W to setup tomorrow's losers and grands.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god the merch is so bad this year

thumb.aspx

I'll probably buy some during the post-season fire sale like last year