• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 14, 2018
I think they looked great in comparison, but a better team would have punished a bunch of positional errors, Idk I want to see how they do vs others.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190216-205532.png

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Depending on how long the matches go tomorrow, I might have to miss the last one which of course is Dynasty's match.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
T9QIy8g.png

There you go, fixed it, there's all four of the bottom tier teams, given that that 17 is a draw between two teams which have gone 0-4.

It's a shame that it sorts alphabetically on the drawed numbers, given that Florida actually secured more points in the match than Fuel mind.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm scared for Glads' game against Shock tomorrow lol. Good probability we start off 0-2.

I can see this happening too, but I wouldn't be so mad or fed up, all depends on how well performance wise they look.

Looking at the teams it's funny how much stronger Pacific division is shaping up to be compared to last season. Titans, Valiant, Spark, Seoul, Dragons, Glads. The lesser teams probably being Dallas, Charge and Hunters.

Meanwhile on the other side Washington, Boston, Toronto, Houston and Florida are grouped up. Lol.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Boston vs Outlaws is very exciting. It's Fusions vs Muma again. I think Boston will win this, they looked really good against XL.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Boston vs Outlaws is very exciting. It's Fusions vs Muma again. I think Boston will win this, they looked really good against XL.
If Outlaws can make them do anything other than GOATs then they have a really good chance of beating them imo. But they probably wont be able to, so Fusions will carry them through.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this happening too, but I wouldn't be so mad or fed up, all depends on how well performance wise they look.

Looking at the teams it's funny how much stronger Pacific division is shaping up to be compared to last season. Titans, Valiant, Spark, Seoul, Dragons, Glads. The lesser teams probably being Dallas, Charge and Hunters.

Meanwhile on the other side Washington, Boston, Toronto, Houston and Florida are grouped up. Lol.

We'll have to see for sure, but I think people might be sleeping on GZ and Hunters

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: goats isn't that bad to watch and is actually a very complex comp and I enjoy seeing the many micro plays

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
The problem with Houston is that they could potentially run Sombra comps on Boston with Danteh, but then you're removing the Zarya DPS player because you'd force the other one to take the Brigitte role and sure, they could bring in Spree but his D.VA is terrible and they'd be stuck on that shit even if it doesn't work or run a scuffed GOATs with a Zarya one trick on D.Va.

This all comes from the fact that Rawkus is the one that can flex to Sombra and even then he's probably not looking so hot on that role either, plus again, would put them in a scenario in which it's either triple-quad DPS or Goats, no in-between. I think this could work, but mechanically with their roster... I don't know about Houston pulling it off. Outlaws biggest problem is really not having offtanks than aren't one tricks.

We'll have to see for sure, but I think people might be sleeping on GZ and Hunters

Hopefully, their match was pretty fun.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019

Yep, last year Atlantic was far and away better but this year Pacific's reversed the tides. The bottom teams in the Atlantic got worse/stayed roughly the same (Mayhem, Outlaws, Uprising) while the bottom teams in the Pacific like the Shock and Dragons got much better. Better expansion teams too.

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
I don't find GOATS boring to watch. I just find it sad that when the Zarya or Rein is out, it's done. Not much more room for options like other comps to overcome.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
GOATS is fine, it's just that in Contenders a lot of regions played it non-stop. You'd watch 4 full games and the comp never once changed from Rein/Zarya/Brig/Zen/Lucio/D.Va. OWL GOATS hasn't been bad because we've also seen a lot of other comps in the mix.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017

Really wholesome stuff coming out tonight. Everyone likes LAV. Even Soon tweeted about how nice it was to see everyone. Cuties.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hot take: goats isn't that bad to watch and is actually a very complex comp and I enjoy seeing the many micro plays

I agree. Complaining about current meta is a huge fucking meme and I'm sick to death of it. People complained just as hard if not harder against the Mercy meta last season yet that's apparently what we're supposed to love cause Mercy enables DPS.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Goats is fine when an amazing team at it is playing it

I don't see how anyone could think Paris Eternals Goats was boring. They were crazy aggressive as fuck, sometimes even to their detriment

But watching bad teams play Goats can get pretty boring

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The problem with GOATS for me when watching it is that sometimes it turns into Diarrhea Christmas Lights when a bunch of ults are going off and it's hard to follow what's going on, especially if nobody is dying.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
since i only got up in time to see stitch v dragons, i just caught up on the rest of the matches

lolndon

paris is burning bright

good on justice taking one map from nyxl

space is fucking great

ria da dva

idk what's good

nosmite knows might

i'm a sparker now. sparkee? spark guy

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I don't have anything conceptually against GOATs exactly...I'm just a big proponent of variety making my viewing experience more fun and interesting. Seeing a majority of matches boiling down to the same comp fighting against itself (with the occasional Winston subbed for Rein or an occasional Sombra thrown in somewhere) just makes watching it feel more boring on a base level, even if the plays themselves can be exciting. I like seeing the offensive team and the defensive one sporting very different rosters so we can see more cool counter-play. When something unexpected is thrown in, it makes the matches more fun to watch, whether it ends up working out or not.

I get that the min/max nature of high level competitive play is always going to make that sort of constant variety rather scarce, but it's still what I root for.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have anything conceptually against GOATs exactly...I'm just a big proponent of variety making my viewing experience more fun and interesting. Seeing a majority of matches boiling down to the same comp fighting against itself (with the occasional Winston subbed for Rein or an occasional Sombra thrown in somewhere) just makes watching it feel more boring on a base level, even if the plays themselves can be exciting. I like seeing the offensive team and the defensive one sporting very different rosters so we can see more cool counter-play. When something unexpected is thrown in, it makes the matches more fun to watch, whether it ends up working out or not.

I get that the min/max nature of high level competitive play is always going to make that sort of constant variety rather scarce, but it's still what I root for.
You must've hated season 1 then

Eddie Bax

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
For want of a home team (I'm based in Nashville), I followed Houston last year, but while Danteh is definitely an upgrade on Jake, the glaring problems with that team look like they'll remain glaring problems, so I might hitch my wagon to Atlanta this year as the most 'local' team.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK

Yeah, Dorado last series was so good giving us Diem popping on Widow and Haksal Genji. Thankfully it doesn't look like 3-3 will be as prevalent as we thought.

Hope Atlanta can give Fusion a game tonight.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
From what I've seen so far, GOATS is pretty alright. I definitely prefer it over dive, which got stale pretty fast for me.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with GOATS for me when watching it is that sometimes it turns into Diarrhea Christmas Lights when a bunch of ults are going off and it's hard to follow what's going on, especially if nobody is dying.
I think I've watched enough OW/GOATS at this point that I follow it along pretty dam well. I even notice when some casters Miss things during fights.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Boston 3-1 Houston
Atlanta 3-2 Philly
Shock 4-0 LAG (I'm preparing for the worst)
Seoul 3-1 Dallas
I actually have no idea about the first one. I'm expecting a map 5, though.
The Atlanta we saw vs Florida does not beat Philly imo.
I actually agree. Gladiators suck and shock are on flames.
Seoul shouldn't have trouble beating Dallas