• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Found this fun game on twitter today

neal.fun

The Password Game

Please choose a password

Premise is you have to make a password, and they keep adding rules to the password. Some very creative ones in here.

How far can you get?

I just got to rule 24 and tapped out lol. Let me know if anyone can get further

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Just tried again and
thought id outsmart paul and copy paste a ton of catepillers to save me time.... i killed paul by overfeeding him... game over

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the one where it wanted todays Wordle answer and stopped. I'm not going to stop and go play Wordle just to see what it is.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I also got to rule 24 and overfed Paul

I found a video that's supposed to be 23:03 according to the title but it's actually 23:04

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Rule 11 seems to make Rule 9 impossible based on today's answer having a letter which is over 35.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I'm not sure how rule 14 and 9 can comply with each other, since the name of the country has a roman numeral that can't multiply into 35

It detects the C in Chile for the roman numeral for 100

cvltclassic

Oct 27, 2017
Rule 14 broke me. It's a picture in the middle of a rocky desert. Can't for the life of me get it.

For those having conflicts with rule 9, just use all lowercase for rule 14. Only capital letters are counted for Roman numerals.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
16 is bugged for me. Not sure what it wants. I did Qe7 and it says invalid notation. The wiki article and ChatGPT confirm I'm correct and if I try the obscure emoji symbol thing like in the wiki as well, it doesn't get it. Tried both capture notations as well. Still wont register it. So idk.

xmonkeyofevil

Jun 9, 2019
Ok, gave it two attempts but 24 just complicates things. The roman numerals in the youtube video linkwas just too annoying to deal with.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I got to chess... I know nothing about chess so I quit there
This, but also I'd have to change my captcha because it's saying it's an illegal move in the chess rule. But then I'd also have to change my numerals, and I already lucked into getting a leap year without realizing that was even a rule, so I'd then have to fuss with that.

Props to people with the patience for this, lol.

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
Stuck here
7rjPaZJ.png

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just say, save your password somewhere on a side after every step you make. I thought I should do it just in case I accidentally reload the page, and I wish I actually did it.
Then again, given the nature of some of the rules I'm not sure if it would even help.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
If the move puts the king in check, you need to add a + to the end.

Do I just have to start over completely if Paul dies? Finding the solution for the very next rule seems like it will take way too much time for that to be a reasonable ask.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I'll just say, save your password somewhere on a side after every step you make. I thought I should do it just in case I accidentally reload the page, and I wish I actually did it.
Then again, given the nature of some of the rules I'm not sure if it would even help.
Some of the rules are randomized so it won't work

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried again and
thought id outsmart paul and copy paste a ton of catepillers to save me time.... i killed paul by overfeeding him... game over
I think that rule is bugged.
I gave him three, he ate them fairly quickly, and ten seconds later, it was game over: Paul has Starved. Pretty sure the whole thing took less than 30 seconds

Last edited:

momerath

Oct 27, 2017
I tapped out at rule 31, the amount of labor it would have required to satisfy the condition was not worth it. Haha.

Fun game though

Success

Oct 27, 2017
Would be a fun game if the rules were less irritating like rule 14 which is guess the country from a Google street view.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
okay, after getting to the exact same place again on a new game, unless there's a workaround for Paul starving then that's it for me. The next rule after that fucks up like six previous rules that takes your attention away and then it's too much work to just permanently lose because of Paul.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
This is really cool but I stopped at 10 because I'm not redoing the numbers again. I'll bookmark it for another day though.