• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razer Game Store is dead, who should go next?

• Epic Store

Votes: 261 38.8%
  • Windows Store

Votes: 156 23.2%
  • Bethesda.Net

Votes: 180 26.8%
  • Origin

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • PSN

Votes: 50 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out I cannot buy Sekiro from CDkeys as it does not activate in my region and now I am in a mad rush to get funds into my account before the CNY sale ends :/ At least this way I can be sure I will get the game on Steam instead of potentially risking another Epic smash and grab.

i played A Videogame!!! (on ps4)

yakuza kiwami is so similar to yakuza 0 i'm kind of bummed. kind of reminds me of like a standalone dlc thing like gat out of hell or some shit like that. like i was expecting to have a different moveset or for kabukicho to look more different. it also features the worst pacing ever but having played yakuza 0 i reckon that kind of comes with the territory. but maybe making you run three times to a konbini to get crap for the puppy was a bit much... i was getting some scary shenmue vibes here and ummm pls don't....

outside of that game's still as cool as ever, i still like these magically unaging characters with their intense mobster drama and the super wacky everything else
Hence why I am skipping it and waiting for Kiwami 2. I played the original anyway so I don't feel like picking it up even though I can't recall a single thing about it but I am skipping it more so to do with the fact of not wanting burnout. As much as I like the games there is only so much I can stomach.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Goddamn, PC is frustrating at times. I've been playing Hitman 2 on PS4 (mainly because of the trophies) but it's getting on my nerves with the long save/load process (which you need to do quite a lot when you are going after all the different challenges) so I picked up a PC copy whilst it's in the Lunar Sale on Steam. Within five minutes, the game crashed to desktop. And I thought I had wasted my money on a crap port. But all seemed well thereafter as I managed the whole Miami map without any further problems. Let's hope it continues this way. :p

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I am currently Lvl. 47, so at least once a month, I'd get a random booster pack (or however the steam system does it).
2 of my recent boosters were for delisted games and I can't sell the cards! I can at least turn them to gems, but I'd rather get boosters for games STILL on the servers. I don't remember how I got those games, though I may have an inkling, but these'd be games I'd never touch since their of the 'reused assets' variety.

I see, interesting. I do remember reading higher drop rates the higher your level. Lucky you can turn them into gems, I'm stuck with these two items since the xmas sale. Can't use them, can't sell them, can't delete them. :|

7TPS6Ne.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Baron von Loathsome You got the Namco arcade collection that has Pacman and Dig Dug right? Be aware that these are running on Unity and as such they take up a bigger space than they should (around 800 MB last I checked).

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Campo Santo is now owned by Valve, right? Which means Firewatch is now Valve's IP, right?

I'm just wondering if I should pick up Firewatch during the sale or not, since things i've been planning to buy have started to pop up as freebies on EGS or as part of Twitch prime.

Or I did.. until I just bought it. Watch it pop up as part of some bundle now.
The Campo Santo team still owns Firewatch, but anything going forward is Valve IP, if I recall the news at the time.

On another note, I never thought I'd feel like I missed an opportunity to preorder something on Origin, but trying to get American Mcgee's Alice to run on my htpc is a mess. None of the patches or hd updates for the retail version get 16:9 resolutions to work, at least not so far with my TV. The game is always half off the screen and shoved to the left. And it won't run on win10, so my gaming pc is out of the question.

If only EA sold the preorder 'remastered' version as a stand alone, it would solve a lot of problems. I want to give EA money dammit!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Goddamn, PC is frustrating at times. I've been playing Hitman 2 on PS4 (mainly because of the trophies) but it's getting on my nerves with the long save/load process (which you need to do quite a lot when you are going after all the different challenges) so I picked up a PC copy whilst it's in the Lunar Sale on Steam. Within five minutes, the game crashed to desktop. And I thought I had wasted my money on a crap port. But all seemed well thereafter as I managed the whole Miami map without any further problems. Let's hope it continues this way. :p

I've been playing a ton of Hitman 2 on PC this past week. My PC build is fairly new and I've seen a few crashes to the desktop in Hitman, but for me what's been causing it has been messing with the overclock settings on my 2080 Ti. Running at stock it's been completely fine. It's the only game that hasn't played nice with overclocking for whatever reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Today in Baron von Loathsome arcade port-begging:

Sega Rolling Start Collection

• Daytona USA
  • Daytona USA 2
  • OutRun
  • OutRun 2006
  • OutRunners
  • Scud Racing
  • Virtua Racing

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Is something up with Steam?
Hearing people on reddit saying they're having troubles, and I can't log into Steam on my GPD but can on my desktop?

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a nasty thing happen last night. Saw a spark go off inside my case and everything turned off. Figured something fried, so I took everything apart and tested it against my old system/PSU. After testing everything on its own nothing seemed to be damaged. PC still posted, everything showed properly on the bios, card still ran, disks untouched, PSU powered everything correctly... then while putting everything back together I noticed one of the front fans had a bit of the cable portion shaved and was making contact against the case. I'm just happy everything survived. I was sure my system was a goner.

Spent all night troubleshooting this, which is my least favorite part of PC gaming. In general, I don't understand people who say putting a PC together is hard because I pretty much feel building it is easier than doing most lego sets, but troubleshooting is indeed a bitch.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Had a nasty thing happen last night. Saw a spark go off inside my case and everything turned off. Figured something fried, so I took everything apart and tested it against my old system/PSU. After testing everything on its own nothing seemed to be damaged. PC still posted, everything showed properly on the bios, card still ran, disks untouched, PSU powered everything correctly... then while putting everything back together I noticed one of the front fans had a bit of the cable portion shaved and was making contact against the case. I'm just happy everything survived. I was sure my system was a goner.

Spent all night troubleshooting this, which is my least favorite part of PC gaming. In general, I don't understand people who say putting a PC together is hard because I pretty much feel building it is easier than doing most lego sets, but troubleshooting is indeed a bitch.
imo, its daunting rather than hard, especially the first time

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the Division 2 alpha a few weeks back, I actually liked it, compared to the first game which I never really enjoyed.

Will wait until release and pick it up on UPlay if reviews and PC impressions are good.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys, I'm rather new to playing shooters on PC.

I've gotten pretty comfortable playing at a certain sensitivity on Battlefield V but I'm not sure how to get it to be the same when playing Apex since they use different sliders.
Do I just have to tweak it until they feel the same or is there a better way?

I know https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/ is a thing but it seems to be paywalled.
Apex Legends uses Source Engine so you can just select e.g. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on that site instead of Apex Legends and you'll get the exact converted sensitivity.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I am currently Lvl. 47, so at least once a month, I'd get a random booster pack (or however the steam system does it).
2 of my recent boosters were for delisted games and I can't sell the cards! I can at least turn them to gems, but I'd rather get boosters for games STILL on the servers. I don't remember how I got those games, though I may have an inkling, but these'd be games I'd never touch since their of the 'reused assets' variety.

I'm level 72 now, I get probably 6 booster packs a month. In the 60s if was every 6 days, in the 70s it's every five without fail. You can almost Sen your watch by it.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
That explanation is bullshit and fuck anyone defending that

it also makes zero technical sense, the developer/publisher provides the data that the store will distribute out to the costumers .

The developer/publisher isn't directly uploading the game to all their consumers, what would be the point of something like Steam or the Epic STore if that was the case.

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It turns out the Epic store actually just downloads the content via Steam's servers without Valve knowing in order to save money and Deep Silver wants to make sure the Epic keys get the first crack at it before opening the gates to the other Steam purchasers.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe don't expect a random customer service rep to know what they are talking about folks.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
If one wants to replay Dark Souls is the modded P2D version better or should I pay the 10 bucks for the remastered version? Remember some people saying it was impossible to maintain a steady 60 fps 100% of the time with the dsfix but that could have been a fever dream. Weird lighting changes in the remastered tho.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I kind of hate Steam Pre-loads. Most of the time it takes longer to decrypt then it would to download the while thing. I know that's a first world problem for people with fast internet, but still. I always regret preloading.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
If one wants to replay Dark Souls is the modded P2D version better or should I pay the 10 bucks for the remastered version? Remember some people saying it was impossible to maintain a steady 60 fps 100% of the time with the dsfix but that could have been a fever dream. Weird lighting changes in the remastered tho.

Remastered Version. dsfix filled the gap (and is much appreciated) but the remaster for me is a better overall package. I think the online population is higher as well.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
No new games for me this sale. Just bought 6 smaller ones that had been on my wishlist for a long time now.
Probably going to get Vesperia next sale. I really want it but that Canadian price is bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.