• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
A Targus USB 2.0 Micro SD Reader. It's an old one from many years ago, basically a USB 2.0 micro sd card reader should do fine.

I don't think I am getting the full benefit of USB 3.0 with this set-up anyway. The dongle I am using is USB 2.0. The Thumbdrive I am using also has USB 2.0 backwards compatibility, so I think it is transferring at 2.0 speeds. But it still works well enough. Using a micro SD USB reader might be a good way for me to try out different installs, with Autobleem and Bleemsync.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I am getting the full benefit of USB 3.0 with this set-up anyway. The dongle I am using is USB 2.0. The Thumbdrive I am using also has USB 2.0 backwards compatibility, so I think it is transferring at 2.0 speeds. But it still works well enough. Using a micro SD USB reader might be a good way for me to try out different installs, with Autobleem and Bleemsync.
Ah, oh well, that does make sense. Yeah you can try that, and I need to get bigger micro sd cards to test on(at 32GB now).

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently all three USB ports on the PSC are 2.0 only, so the only benefit of USB 3.0 devices is it's faster to copy content onto them.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Apparently all three USB ports on the PSC are 2.0 only, so the only benefit of USB 3.0 devices is it's faster to copy content onto them.

I figured that. Mini B connectors are not USB 3.0 compliant, plus the USB connectors in the front are clearly 2.0 as well. Which I guess is why USB 3.0 thumb drives can be hit or miss.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone tried Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver on autobleem? Mine freezes as soon as the cutscene starts before the first enemy encounter.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I recently bought a PS classic and copied Autobleem 0.7.1 ultimate (without retroboot). I'm getting weird framedrops in all the Capcom 2D fighters (MvsC, XmenvsSF, etc.). I tried activating speed hacks for that game but it didn't help at all. I haven't messed with the clock speed. Has anybody here played those games without issues? Which settings did you use?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Out of the three options (autobleem, retro, etC.) which is the best one? I want to make isos of my old PS1 games and give it a go.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone had any issues running 2D/pixel art games with hi-res on? I noticed there's some line doubling happening on most 2D games so they can only be played in standard def which is ok for the most part, but it would be nice to have hi-res as an option for 2D/3D hybrid games.

Out of the three options (autobleem, retro, etC.) which is the best one? I want to make isos of my old PS1 games and give it a go.

Autobleem with Retroarch has been pretty good for me. Everything is on the usb so no actual modding.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started to finally hack mine and was disappointed with the UI of Retroarch defaulting to the Switch's UI, ozone, so I changed it to XMB. Still was disappointed, so searched if EmulationStation was ported yet, and it is. Should be coming with Bleemsync 1.3

This is great, finally have a way better UI for this thing.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I recently bought a PS classic and copied Autobleem 0.7.1 ultimate (without retroboot). I'm getting weird framedrops in all the Capcom 2D fighters (MvsC, XmenvsSF, etc.). I tried activating speed hacks for that game but it didn't help at all. I haven't messed with the clock speed. Has anybody here played those games without issues? Which settings did you use?
Possibly a slow USB drive? I have the same setup, tried two generic brand USB sticks first, fired up Street Fighter Alpha 2 and each time I got stuttering right away during the Playstation and Capcom logo startup. Then I tried a 32gb Sandisk Cruzer I had on hand and it played smoothly.

I just got started with Autobleem but I haven't replaced any of the stock games. Are all of the stock games crappy ROMs, or just the 9 that are 50z PAL? Using Autobleem, do I need to replace them all with better ROMs or is there some function within Autobleem that can fix them? I would hate to have a bunch of duplicates in the game list if I add the NTSC ROMs and can't hide the stock games.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Possibly a slow USB drive? I have the same setup, tried two generic brand USB sticks first, fired up Street Fighter Alpha 2 and each time I got stuttering right away during the Playstation and Capcom logo startup. Then I tried a 32gb Sandisk Cruzer I had on hand and it played smoothly.
Thanks. Actually, I fixed it yesterday and it seems you were right. The previous USB drive I used was very old (5+ years) and I had used it a lot. I bought a brand new one of the exact same model and now I'm not getting any stutters. I'm still using Autobleem but I installed Bleemsync's custom kernel because I wanted to format my drive in extfat just in case it gave better performance. I only tested Marvel vs Capcom but it seems to be alright now.
I also want to get an OTG adapter to free the second USB port and maybe use an SD card with a USB adapter in case it gives me better read speed.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Played Romance of the 3 Kingdoms VI on Bleem Sync. Music and SFX are all fucked up. it also crashed on me once.
Disappointed since Alundra ran so well.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Man, I'm a little bummed the 8bitdo adapter I got to use with my DS4 doesn't just work flawlessly in Autobleem. Apparently to get the analog sticks to work in Ape Escape I need to boot it in Retroarch and mess with a bunch of settings. Also the console recognizes the adapter as a keyboard and adds an annoying mouse-cursor to the upper-left corner of the screen that you have to hide by pressing a button combo every time you boot a game or unplugging/plugging in the adapter every time you boot the system.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
If I installed Retroarch could I use a DS4 over USB instead of the bundled controller?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Switching to Retroboot (the standalone Retroarch release for PSC) solved all my 8bitdo wireless adapter issues. And I can edit individual game options to enable Dualshock capabilities for my DS4; it's not hard at all. It's not as pretty as Autobleem but provides lot more control, and I have it running straight from a 64gb Cruzer Fit with no internal edits to the console.

If I installed Retroarch could I use a DS4 over USB instead of the bundled controller?
I tried plugging mine in directly via USB while in Retroarch and the controller inputs were all weird and glitchy. Every directional button-press got repeated rapidly like I had a turbo controller. I only tried the latest DS4 revision though, the one with the lightbar on the touchpad. You might have more success with an older DS4.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
How has the psx emulation evolved in this thing? I haven't touched it in the last 3 or 4 months. Last time I was playing with it so many games were crashing. I wanted to finish Musashi but after 2 or 3 hours the games crashed and I lost all my saves. Any progress on that front?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, I'm a little bummed the 8bitdo adapter I got to use with my DS4 doesn't just work flawlessly in Autobleem. Apparently to get the analog sticks to work in Ape Escape I need to boot it in Retroarch and mess with a bunch of settings. Also the console recognizes the adapter as a keyboard and adds an annoying mouse-cursor to the upper-left corner of the screen that you have to hide by pressing a button combo every time you boot a game or unplugging/plugging in the adapter every time you boot the system.

Did you ever figure out which settings you messed with?

This has been my ongoing problem as well: I use a wireless DS4 controller with the 8bitdo adapter, and on X-input mode I can get everything working (including vibration) except for the Y axis on my right analog stick (right analog up and down). If I switch to D-input, it's the X axis that stops working (right analog left and right) plus I lose vibration.

I've tried manually rebinding the inputs, switching to a different kernel, all sorts of stuff. Despite constant assistance from the ModMyClassic discord, no solution has been found.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Did you ever figure out which settings you messed with?

This has been my ongoing problem as well: I use a wireless DS4 controller with the 8bitdo adapter, and on X-input mode I can get everything working (including vibration) except for the Y axis on my right analog stick (right analog up and down). If I switch to D-input, it's the X axis that stops working (right analog left and right) plus I lose vibration.

I've tried manually rebinding the inputs, switching to a different kernel, all sorts of stuff. Despite constant assistance from the ModMyClassic discord, no solution has been found.
Sure thing. Weird, I think I saw someone on Discord a few days ago with the exact same problem as you. I don't think he figured it out.

This worked for me:
  1. Load Retroarch (I use Retroboot, which is just a standalone launcher for Retroarch on the PS Classic)
  2. Hold the SELECT+UP buttons (Share+Up on the DS4) for 3 seconds to put the 8bitdo adapter into "X-INPUT" mode
  3. Start Ape Escape or any game you want to use Dualshock capabilities in
  4. Press SELECT+START to open menu (Share+Options on the DS4, or just the PS button)
  5. Scroll down to game OPTIONS
  6. Change game pad 1 and 2 from STANDARD to DUALSHOCK
  7. Create Config using option at the top to save changes
  8. Resume game, enjoy. Game options are saved so you never have to mess with the settings again.
  9. Repeat steps 3-8 for any game that uses analog/rumble
NOTE: I'm running Retroboot Standalone 0.9 from a Sandisk Cruzer Fit 64gb and haven't made any internal edits to the console. If you're loading into Retroboot from Autobleem, be aware it doesn't recognize X-Input so it gets all glitchy and shit unless you switch the 8bitdo adapter back to PS Classic mode before returning to the Autobleem UI. Retroboot/Retroarch have no problems with X-Input so I just leave it in that mode permanently.

This reddit post has some more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationClassic/comments/cs5joa/tutorial_8bitdo_wireless_adapter/

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure thing. Weird, I think I saw someone on Discord a few days ago with the exact same problem as you. I don't think he figured it out.

This worked for me:
  1. Load Retroarch (I use Retroboot, which is just a standalone launcher for Retroarch on the PS Classic)
  2. Hold the SELECT+UP buttons (Share+Up on the DS4) for 3 seconds to put the 8bitdo adapter into "X-INPUT" mode
  3. Start Ape Escape or any game you want to use Dualshock capabilities in
  4. Press SELECT+START to open menu (Share+Options on the DS4, or just the PS button)
  5. Scroll down to game OPTIONS
  6. Change game pad 1 and 2 from STANDARD to DUALSHOCK
  7. Create Config using option at the top to save changes
  8. Resume game, enjoy. Game options are saved so you never have to mess with the settings again.
  9. Repeat steps 3-8 for any game that uses analog/rumble
NOTE: I'm running Retroboot Standalone 0.9 from a Sandisk Cruzer Fit 64gb and haven't made any internal edits to the console. If you're loading into Retroboot from Autobleem, be aware it doesn't recognize X-Input so it gets all glitchy and shit unless you switch the 8bitdo adapter back to PS Classic mode before returning to the Autobleem UI. Retroboot/Retroarch have no problems with X-Input so I just leave it in that mode permanently.

This reddit post has some more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlaystationClassic/comments/cs5joa/tutorial_8bitdo_wireless_adapter/

Yeah, that was me. I thought your name looked familiar. ;)

I tried your exact steps, but the issue persists. I've already gone through a lot of hoops getting BleemSync to work, so for now I'd rather not have to learn a whole new program/installation with Retroboot just to get this problem fixed.

The most infuriating thing is the creeping thought that this is easily fixable with a specific configuration I'm missing, but I still haven't figured it out. Retroarch is an absolute pain to configure, since you have all these options that are automatically overwritten if you have a game running vs NOT having a game running. It's great when it works properly, but when it comes to testing various settings, it's a real hassle.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, that was me. I thought your name looked familiar. ;)

I tried your exact steps, but the issue persists. I've already gone through a lot of hoops getting BleemSync to work, so for now I'd rather not have to learn a whole new program/installation with Retroboot just to get this problem fixed.

The most infuriating thing is the creeping thought that this is easily fixable with a specific configuration I'm missing, but I still haven't figured it out. Retroarch is an absolute pain to configure, since you have all these options that are automatically overwritten if you have a game running vs NOT having a game running. It's great when it works properly, but when it comes to testing various settings, it's a real hassle.
Ha! Right on. Retroboot is really just Retroarch so it's as basic as you can get. It might be worth a shot throwing it on a USB with an Ape Escape rom and just trying it for troubleshooting purposes if you hit a wall. I think the problems I had with Autobleem came from it jumping back and forth between the frontend and Retroarch when launching games. Probably the same thing is going on with Bleemsync.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Do you guys know if we can use an adapter in the back port with USB drive like the SNES Classic can?
Yeah, you just need to install the custom Bleemsync kernal to enable OTG. Once installed you can use a usb in the rear port with Bleemsync or either of the other two options, Retroboot and Autobleem.

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, you just need to install the custom Bleemsync kernal to enable OTG. Once installed you can use a usb in the rear port with Bleemsync or either of the other two options, Retroboot and Autobleem.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Would you happen to know a place online that has all the cover images for the games? I'd like to upload the whole North American library to this thing but downloading all the images separately would be a pain.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
No problem, I've spent the last week researching this stuff so I may as well share the knowledge.

Personally I think I've settled on using Retroboot with a 64gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit in the 2nd controller port. And I'm using a DS4 w/ an 8bitdo wireless adapter in controller port 1; Retroboot has given me the least trouble with compatibility since it just boots directly into Retroarch with no front-end.

I can only fit about 100 games but it's been fun curating a good selection. If you guys have any input on my final game list I'd appreciate it. Did I forget anything really great, or are there any major piles of crap I should leave out?

Keep (stock games):
Final Fantasy VII
Intelligent Qube
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Rayman
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

Add:
Alundra (USA) (v1.1)
Ape Escape (USA)
Brave Fencer Musashi (USA)
Breath of Fire III (USA)
Breath of Fire IV (USA)
Bushido Blade (USA)
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (USA)
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1)
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2)
Colony Wars (USA) (Disc 1)
Colony Wars (USA) (Disc 2)
Crash Bandicoot - Warped (USA)
Crash Bandicoot (USA)
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA)
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (USA)
CTR - Crash Team Racing (USA)
Dino Crisis (USA) (v1.1)
Dino Crisis 2 (USA)
Dragon Warrior VII (USA) (Disc 1)
Dragon Warrior VII (USA) (Disc 2)
Driver - You Are the Wheelman (USA) (v1.1)
Einhaender (USA)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 2) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 3) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 4) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy Tactics (USA)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 1)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 2)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 3)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 4)
Front Mission 3 (USA)
G. Darius (USA)
Gran Turismo (USA) (v1.1)
Gran Turismo 2 (USA) (Arcade Mode) (v1.1)
Gran Turismo 2 (USA) (Simulation Mode) (v1.2)
Grand Theft Auto 2 (USA)
Grandia (USA) (Disc 1)
Grandia (USA) (Disc 2)
Guilty Gear (USA) (v1.0)
Incredible Crisis (USA)
Klonoa - Door to Phantomile (USA)
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (USA)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 1)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 2)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 3)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 4)
Legend of Legaia (USA)
Legend of Mana (USA)
LSD - Dream Emulator (Japan)
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1)
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 1)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 2)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 3)
MediEvil (USA)
Mega Man Legends (USA)
Mega Man Legends 2 (USA)
Mega Man X4 (USA)
Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit (USA)
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 1)
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 2)
Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee (USA) (v1.1)
Omega Boost (USA)
PaRappa the Rapper (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 1)
Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 2)
Resident Evil - Director's Cut (USA)
Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 1) (Leon)
Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 2) (Claire)
Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis (USA)
R-Type Delta (USA)
Silent Hill (USA)
Spider-Man (USA)
Spyro - Year of the Dragon (USA) (v1.1)
Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage! (USA)
Spyro the Dragon (USA)
Star Ocean - The Second Story (USA) (Disc 1)
Star Ocean - The Second Story (USA) (Disc 2)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA)
Suikoden (USA) (v1.0)
Suikoden II (USA)
Tekken 3 (USA)
Tenchu - Stealth Assassins (USA) (v1.1)
Threads of Fate (USA)
Tomb Raider (USA) (v1.0)
Tomb Raider II - Starring Lara Croft (USA) (v1.0)
Tomba! (USA)
Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Return (USA)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA)
Vagrant Story (USA)
Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 1)
Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 2)
Vandal Hearts (USA)
WipEout (USA)
WipEout 3 (USA)
Wipeout XL (USA)
Xenogears (USA) (Disc 1)
Xenogears (USA) (Disc 2)

Last edited:

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have two PS Classics sitting in front of me. Using the exact same conditions one of them boots Auto Bleem just fine off a USB while the other will not. It's the exact same USB that I'm switching between both and the exact same power conditions.

I am not doing an OTG method. Just plugging directly into the front of the unit.

Strange as hell.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Did you installed Bleemsync in either of them before? Is the USB formatted as FAT32 or something else?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I have two PS Classics sitting in front of me. Using the exact same conditions one of them boots Auto Bleem just fine off a USB while the other will not. It's the exact same USB that I'm switching between both and the exact same power conditions.

I am not doing an OTG method. Just plugging directly into the front of the unit.

Strange as hell.
IIRC isn't the setup of the exploit initially tied to the particular system? As in, they cannot be moved around?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC isn't the setup of the exploit initially tied to the particular system? As in, they cannot be moved around?
AutoBleem doesn't install anything AFAIK.
Bleemsync does but what is tied to the console is the backup of the old firmware. You can't go back to stock using another console's backup files but Bleemsync's files should be fine to move around.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. I've got autobleem all setup properly and it works a treat. I really liked.

I have one issue though which is doing my nut in. I'm trying to use my DS4 with it via a usb cable and in autobleem the config is wonky, O is acting like X for instance. And its completley nutty in Retroarch, the analogue stick skips multiple options when scrolling up and down and the button config is all messed up. I can not for the life of me figure out how to fix this. Any one else had this issue?

Is there a better controller to use with this, such as the 8bitdo sn30 pro+?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Ok. I've got autobleem all setup properly and it works a treat. I really liked.

I have one issue though which is doing my nut in. I'm trying to use my DS4 with it via a usb cable and in autobleem the config is wonky, O is acting like X for instance. And its completley nutty in Retroarch, the analogue stick skips multiple options when scrolling up and down and the button config is all messed up. I can not for the life of me figure out how to fix this. Any one else had this issue?

Is there a better controller to use with this, such as the 8bitdo sn30 pro+?
Sorry, I'm not sure about Autobleem but if you're not too attached, you might try Retroboot Standalone 0.9. There are automatic mappings for various DS4 revisions in the autoconfig folder so it should be detected and work fine.

If you still have problems, in 0.9 genderbent added a DS4 mapping handler to force a specific mapping for any particular DS4 revision. Just open the retroboot.cfg file, and change the DS4 mapping setting to the number that matches your controller.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Sure: Just download this and unzip in the same folder where you are seeing your lone scanline file now:

I personally recommend this one: "scanlines1280x720.cfg" inside: "bleemsync\opt\retroarch\.config\retroarch\overlay\rpi"

Opacity at 100%, scale 1. You can also try some of the 720p Aperture Grille ones, but use 35-60% opacity instead.
Thank you, this is an older post but would you still recommend this overlay today? Should I have Bilinear Filtering on or off?

I'm using Retroboot 0.9 and I'm new to Retroarch, emulation, filters and overlays but I'm looking for the best solution to get the PS Classic on a 4k screen closer to an authentic CRT like my old Samsung GXTV.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Thank you, this is an older post but would you still recommend this overlay today? Should I have Bilinear Filtering on or off?

I'm using Retroboot 0.9 and I'm new to Retroarch, emulation, filters and overlays but I'm looking for the best solution to get the PS Classic on a 4k screen closer to an authentic CRT like my old Samsung GXTV.

Hey!

Yes, considering that you wont be able to use real shaders, those overlays would still be your best bet. 4k may show the scanlines as being too prominent/thick at 100% opacity so feel free to try with 70% or 50% .

I personally switched to aperture grille at 30% (overlay) for SNES and PS1 games.

I keep bilinear = ON in the Classic as its closer to the CRT look with overlays, although I have it OFF on PC (with shaders).

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Hey!

Yes, considering that you wont be able to use real shaders, those overlays would still be your best bet. 4k may show the scanlines as being too prominent/thick at 100% opacity so feel free to try with 70% or 50% .

I personally switched to aperture grille at 30% (overlay) for SNES and PS1 games.

I keep bilinear = ON in the Classic as its closer to the CRT look with overlays, although I have it OFF on PC (with shaders).
Right on! I photoshopped the bezel from a commodore 1702 monitor and the scanlines/aperture grills into an overlay and made a bunch of variations.

What's the difference between aperture grill 4x and 5x? I think I like the 4x better but I dunno.

crt-pi default settings
VYkZocS.jpg

Aperture grill 4x at 30%
TkNGG44.jpg

Apterure grill 5x at 30%
K2tvW00.jpg

720p scanlines at 70%
wFnBZl9.jpg
I also tried using a supposedly lightweight shader, crt-pi, but after testing for a while my PSC started flashing green and orange (overheating?) sooo yeah, guess I ought to stick with the overlay.

Last edited:

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Right on! I photoshopped the bezel from a commodore 1702 monitor and the scanlines/aperture grills into an overlay and made a bunch of variations.

What's the difference between aperture grill 4x and 5x? I think I like the 4x better but I dunno.

I also tried using a supposedly lightweight shader, crt-pi, but after testing for a while my PSC started flashing green and orange (overheating?) sooo yeah, guess I ought to stick with the overlay.

Your aperture 4x at 30% looks great! Care to share the Bezel + overlay?

Yeah, shaders simply wont work at all, not even the lightweight ones.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Bleemsync or AutoBleem? And I thought the issue was a hardware one, and the only guaranteed no-hardmod workaround besides using a powered USB hub for your stick was using an OTG adapter in the rear port with the proper software mod installed.

I recall the one I used was working on editing hardware to open up compatibility. It's been awhile since I messed with it lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I really want to dive into this, but reading the last two pages of this thread, I am having some doubts, especially with the Dualshock 4 compatibility issues. and also seems like you need to buy a certain USB stick to make things work.

I also want to use a 126GB Sticks, that I already have kicking around the house, most of them are Lexar and I think I may even have a Sandisk.

I haven't been in the modding scene for a few years now, I donno much about Retoarch or AutoBleem/sync etc..

I've been using Popstarter for PSone games on a 3.5" HDD drive attached to the back of my PS2 FAT console. How much more complicated is modding this thing?

One thing I don't like about Popstarter for the FAT PS2 is: About a dozen of my favorite games on the PSone don't work on it or are heavily glitched and unplayable... Soul Edge, Tekken 3 (Both have glitched out polygons and textures) Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (Game controls lock up after a few minutes of play) Abe's Odyssey (messed up textures) Darkstalkers wont load etc.

Can anyone confirm if any one (or all) of the above games run perfectly fine on this Mod (Autobleem, retroarch, Bleemsync etc) or same/similar Emulation problems resist here as well?

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Add:
Alundra (USA) (v1.1)
Ape Escape (USA)
Brave Fencer Musashi (USA)
Breath of Fire III (USA)
Breath of Fire IV (USA)
Bushido Blade (USA)
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (USA)
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1)
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2)
Colony Wars (USA) (Disc 1)
Colony Wars (USA) (Disc 2)
Crash Bandicoot - Warped (USA)
Crash Bandicoot (USA)
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA)
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (USA)
CTR - Crash Team Racing (USA)
Dino Crisis (USA) (v1.1)
Dino Crisis 2 (USA)
Dragon Warrior VII (USA) (Disc 1)
Dragon Warrior VII (USA) (Disc 2)
Driver - You Are the Wheelman (USA) (v1.1)
Einhaender (USA)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 2) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 3) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy IX (USA) (Disc 4) (v1.1)
Final Fantasy Tactics (USA)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 1)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 2)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 3)
Final Fantasy VIII (USA) (Disc 4)
Front Mission 3 (USA)
G. Darius (USA)
Gran Turismo (USA) (v1.1)
Gran Turismo 2 (USA) (Arcade Mode) (v1.1)
Gran Turismo 2 (USA) (Simulation Mode) (v1.2)
Grand Theft Auto 2 (USA)
Grandia (USA) (Disc 1)
Grandia (USA) (Disc 2)
Guilty Gear (USA) (v1.0)
Incredible Crisis (USA)
Klonoa - Door to Phantomile (USA)
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver (USA)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 1)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 2)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 3)
Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 4)
Legend of Legaia (USA)
Legend of Mana (USA)
LSD - Dream Emulator (Japan)
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 1)
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete (USA) (Disc 2)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 1)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 2)
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete (USA) (Disc 3)
MediEvil (USA)
Mega Man Legends (USA)
Mega Man Legends 2 (USA)
Mega Man X4 (USA)
Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit (USA)
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 1)
Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus (USA) (Disc 2)
Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee (USA) (v1.1)
Omega Boost (USA)
PaRappa the Rapper (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 1)
Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 2)
Resident Evil - Director's Cut (USA)
Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 1) (Leon)
Resident Evil 2 - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Disc 2) (Claire)
Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis (USA)
R-Type Delta (USA)
Silent Hill (USA)
Spider-Man (USA)
Spyro - Year of the Dragon (USA) (v1.1)
Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage! (USA)
Spyro the Dragon (USA)
Star Ocean - The Second Story (USA) (Disc 1)
Star Ocean - The Second Story (USA) (Disc 2)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA)
Suikoden (USA) (v1.0)
Suikoden II (USA)
Tekken 3 (USA)
Tenchu - Stealth Assassins (USA) (v1.1)
Threads of Fate (USA)
Tomb Raider (USA) (v1.0)
Tomb Raider II - Starring Lara Croft (USA) (v1.0)
Tomba! (USA)
Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Return (USA)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (USA)
Vagrant Story (USA)
Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 1)
Valkyrie Profile (USA) (Disc 2)
Vandal Hearts (USA)
WipEout (USA)
WipEout 3 (USA)
Wipeout XL (USA)
Xenogears (USA) (Disc 1)
Xenogears (USA) (Disc 2)
Pretty great list. I'll have to come back to this when I get home.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I haven't really been keeping up with this but have had more gaming time lately and would like to spend some time with the ps classic. Last update I did with bleemsync added folders, have there been any developments since then?