• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I, NHarmonic, would like to claim fossil line #2: 141 and 142.

GTQU6yX.jpg

uj1kd9m.jpg

#141 Kittoot

Kittoot

Crystal feline pokemon.

Type: Rock

Gender Ratio: 50%M / 50%F

Comes from: Fang Fossil

Pokedex entry A: It was revived from a fossil from 500 million years ago. The conditions of his skin promote the growth and crystallization of several unique minerals that they use as camouflage and defense against predators.

Pokedex entry B: It was revived from a fossil from 500 million years ago. It has a peculiar affinity with Unown. They seem to be able to communicate freely, and lately depictions of this pokemon have been associated with ancient Unown glyphs.

Ability 1 (NEW): Mineral affinity: Boosts the pokemon defense stat when it holds a rock or mineral type item.

Ability 2: Weak Armor: Physical attacks lower the Pokémon's Defense stat but raises its Speed stat.

Hidden ability: Water compaction: Boosts the Pokémon's Defense stat when hit by Water-type moves

Egg Group: Monster

Height: 50cm Weight: 8kg

Description: Comes from the fang fossil. Studies have determined that their usual habitat were dark caves and ruins on high places. They used to live by themselves and prey on pokemon like Zubat, Sigilyph and other cave-bound species. They can see in the dark and tend to avoid the light, except from the one that's emitted by rocks or minerals. They communicate with Unown and are naturally able to decipher their glyphs.

Their skin has the perfect condition for the growth and spread of crystals, that they use as defense and as a means of camouflage.

Body shape: Quadrupedal, with a strong feline-like jaw with 2 protruding fangs. Mammalian shape. With crystals developing usually from its shoulders, tail and forehead.

Evolution method (NEW): Level up while carrying an UNOWN on the player's pokemon party.

STATS: Balanced S.ATK and ATK, Average Speed, High defense, low special defense.

ATTACKS

• Scratch
  • Leer
8 Harden

8 Sharpen

12 Bite

15 Rock Throw

17 Smack Down

20 Fake Out

20 Psybeam

22 Dig

25 Ancient Power

27 Crunch

30 Power Gem

33 Stone Edge

37 Protect

44 Accelerock

#142 Sabrenal

Sabrenal

Long tooth pokemon. Evolves from Kittoot.

Type: Rock / Psychic

Gender Ratio: 50% M 50% F

Pokedex entry A: Evolves from Kittoot after it develops a special connection with Unown. It's able to use psi powers to move obstacles around or hide. They prefer solitude and silence, and prey on pokemon that wander into their lairs.

Pokedex entry B: Evolves from Kittoot. They can multiply any ore that comes in contact with their skin. They use psi powers to send rocks high in altitude, and then drop them to crush foes. They are usually seen with Unown around them.

Ability 1 (NEW): Mineral affinity: Boosts the pokemon defense stat when it holds a rock or mineral type item.

Ability 2: Synchronize: The attacker will receive the same status condition if it inflicts a burn, poison, or paralysis to the Pokémon.

Hidden ability: Rough Skin: This Pokémon inflicts damage with its rough skin to the attacker on contact.

Egg Group: Monster

Height: 150cm Weight: 120kg

Description: After developing a strong connection with an Unown, it's hypothesized that the latter gifts it control over psychic powers. It rarely attacks foes with its fangs or paws, it relies on the telekinetic control of it's surroundings. They usually hide and don't like the presence of humans or other pokemon that aren't Unown, and as such, they abandon their offspring as soon as possible, usually 2 to 7 days after giving birth.

Body shape: Quadrupedal, mammalian. Has thick, rough skin where ores develop, and an important mantle of fur. It features 2 enormous fangs that protrude both up and down from its jaw, that are formed by a mix of bone and a strong mineral. It features a young Unown on its forehead, that comes and goes in time.

STATS: High S.ATK, above average ATK, low Speed, High DEF, low S.DEF

ATTACKS

17 Crunch

20 Psyshock

22 Ancient Power

27 Calm Mind

30 Power Gem

33 Light Screen

37 Psychic Fangs

44 Moon Meteor (New): The pokemon uses psychic powers to send crystals, rocks or stones nearby up in the sky, and then come crashing down on the foe. Special attack. Power: 80 ACC 90, 40% Chance of paralyzing the foe.

47 Psychic

New Stuff

New evolution method: Level up while carrying an UNOWN on the player's pokemon party.

New ability: Mineral affinity: Boosts the pokemon defense stat when it holds a rock or mineral type item.

New attack: Moon Meteor: The pokemon uses psychic powers to send crystals, rocks or stones nearby up in the sky, and then come crashing down on the foe. Special attack. Power: 80 ACC 90, 40% Chance of paralyzing the foe.

Development art (Concept, study, color studies, etc):

Last edited:

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I Psychonaut would like to officially claim:

* Three Stage Psychic Line #82-84
Conditions: Has to be part-Psychic

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
tumblr_pso1uhVWNp1qcu3n2o1_1280.png

#113 Woodava
Pyro Wood Pokémon
Grass/Fire

Ability: Chlorophyll
Ability 2: Drought
Hidden Ability: N/A
Gender Ratio: ♂50% / ♀50%
Egg Group: Monster/Grass
Height: 5'11'' (1,80 mt)
Weight: 352.74 lb (160 kg)
Body Style:
Body08.png
Pokémon with a quadruped body
Evolution Method: None. Single Stage Pakémon
Wild Held Item: Charcoal 15%

BST: 495
HP: 82
ATTK: 70
DEF: 70
SpA: 95
SpD: 120
Speed: 58

Woodava (from Wood + Lava) is a very old Pokémon species, said to be around since the ERA of Fossil Pokémon, but it hasn't gone extinct —yet. This tree Pokémon developed Fire type characteristics to better help them navigate the surroundings of the ancient Pokémon World, filled with intense heat and active volcanos that would consume the vegetation. Thus, the skin-bark of this Pokémon segregates oils that keep them protected from burning too much, and can withstand fires over 1832 °F (1000 °C). It can also trap heat from the Sun to its bushes and store it inside to fend better in the Winter or keep away Bird Pokémon that would try to make a nest of them by setting itself on fire.

Soon, Cave Humans realized the benefits of Woodava branches, and started cutting the Pokémon's wood and fire-resistant leafs to extract its oils, leaving them with naked canopies that would not heal fast enough, making the Pokémon unable to do proper photosynthesis, and perish.
Through the centuries, this Pokémon's population decreese to alarming numbers, forcing Regional Professors and Rangers all over the World to unite efforts and conservate the phew hundreds species left.

To this day, their numbers are still low, but slowly beging showing signs of recovery in Sanctuaries and some Safari Zones. It is stimated that around 1% to 5% of this Pokémon still live in the wild, hidden in humid warm jungles, away from human contact.

Learnset
----- Leer
----- Absorb
Level 6 ----- Razor Leaf
Level 11 ----- Ember
Level 16 ----- Growth
Level 19 ----- Leaf Tornado
Level 22 ----- Synthesis
Level 26 ----- Incinerate
Level 34 ----- Torch Leaf (signature Grass move) The user ignites it's tree top for three turns making all physical contact a 30% chance of leaving a burn.
Level 37 ---- Roar
Level 41 ----- Grass Pledge
Level 41 ----- Fire Pledge
Level 47 ----- Aromatherapy
Level 53 ----- Strange Sap
Level 57 ----- Heat Wave
Level 63 ----- Solar Beam

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Sorry, this is my final change, can i would like to claim the
* Metal Coat Pokemon #124-125
Conditions: First form can be any Type but Steel-type, but evolution must be a Steel-type. A Pokemon that evolves with the Metal Coat.

Would it be okay if it was Ghost and evolved into Steel/Ghost

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I Bardoon would like to officially claim

* Thunder Stone Pokemon #41-42
Conditions: Has to be part-Electric, and evolve with the Thunder Stone.

I have an idea for it, but I will need some time to work out the details.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
As promised:

Criteria:
* Pseudo Legendary Dragon #146-148
Conditions: Must be part Dragon. Final form must have 600 BST

#146 – Wyvold (Whiv-old)

Name etymology: Wyvern and Mold
Baby Wyvern Pokémon
Type: Dragon
Abilities: Iron Barbs/Intimidate – Mold Breaker (HA)
Gender Ratio: M: 50% F: 50%
Egg Group: Dragon
Height: 3'2" Weight: 170lbs
Body Type: Pokémon with Single Pair of Wings
Evolves into Soldvern @ Level 32 with High Friendship
Stat Distribution: HP: 50 | Attack: 75 | Defense: 75 | Sp. Atk: 30 | Sp. Def: 30 | Speed: 50 (TOTAL: 310)

Pokédex Entry 1: Wyvold are generally aggressive. They eat metal scraps from junkyards for sustenance and can turn into a problem if they run amuck in urban areas. Their aggression usually deters trainers away, but taming one makes for a very loyal companion.

Pokédex Entry 2: Its tiny wings prevent it from flying far distances due to its heavy metal body. Its sharp fangs allow it to eat through metal of all sorts, which happens to be its food of choice. They're usually found in caves or junkyards, wherever metals are present.

Moveset:

- (Relearner) Hyper Fang
- (Relearner) Rock Polish
- (Relearner) Vacuum Wave

Base:

- Growl
- Bite
- Headbutt
- Wing Attack

Level 7 - Dragon Rage
Level 12 - Bide
Level 17 - Metal Claw
Level 22 - Metal Sound
Level 27 - Protect
Level 32 - Crunch*
Level 37 - Dragon Tail
Level 42 - Hone Claws
Level 47 - Dual Chop
Level 52 - Steel Wing
Level 57 - Dragon Hammer
Level 62 - Outrage
Level 67 - Metal Burst

#147 – Soldvern (Sold-vurn)

Name Etymology: Solder and Wyvern
Heavy Wyvern Pokémon
Type: Steel/Dragon
Abilities: Iron Barbs/Intimidate – Mold Breaker (HA)
Height: 5'6" Weight: 680lbs
Evolves into Wyvalloy @ Level 56 while holding Metal Coat
Stat Distribution: HP: 70 | Attack: 90 | Defense: 90 | Sp. Atk: 50 | Sp. Def: 50 | Speed: 70 (TOTAL: 420)

Pokédex Entry 1: Known as a bully, Soldvern will often throw its weight around in aggressive bouts of dominance. Its strong wings allow it to fly around like a wrecking ball.

Pokédex Entry 2: With its strong wings, it can throw its weight around like a wrecking ball in the skies. It likes to challenge foes that are bigger than it to battles, most of which it will win due to its sheer resilience and size.

Moveset:

- (Relearner) Heavy Slam
- (Relearner) Meteor Mash
- (Relearner) Hone Claws
- (Relearner) Foul Play
- (Relearner) Dragon Claw
- (Relearner) Wing Attack
Level 32 - Crunch (Evolve)
Level 32 - Dragon Claw (Evolve*)
Level 38 - Hone Claws
Level 44 - Heavy Slam
Level 47 - Fire Fang
Level 50 - Dual Chop
Level 56 - Steel Wing*
Level 62 - Meteor Mash
Level 68 - Outrage
Level 74 - Metal Burst

#148 – Wyvalloy (Whiv-uh-loy)

Name Etymology: Wyvern and Alloy
Metal Wyvern Pokémon
Type: Steel/Dragon
Abilities: Levitate/Intimidate – Aerilate (HA)
Height: 8'5" Weight: 360lbs
Stat Distribution: HP: 90 | Attack: 140 | Defense: 110 | Sp. Atk: 70 | Sp. Def: 80 | Speed: 110 (TOTAL: 600)

Pokédex Entry 1: Wyvalloy are apex predators, and are extremely territorial. Their giant strong wings help them fly vast distances at breakneck speeds. Wyvalloy will form an unbreakable bond with any experienced trainers that manage to tame them.

Pokédex Entry 2: Wyvalloy's aggressive tendencies make it an extremely dangerous Pokémon. With one flap of its powerful wings it can rip through solid rock. Its metal fangs can rip through the toughest materials with ease.

Moveset

- (Relearner) Aerial Ace
- (Relearner) Meteor Mash
- (Relearner) Dragon Dance
- (Relearner) Dragon Hammer
- (Relearner) Flare Blitz
- (Relearner) Poison Tail
- (Relearner) Night Slash
- (Relearner) Crush Claw
Level 56 - Iron Tail (Evolve*)
Level 62 - Meteor Mash
Level 66 - Hurricane
Level 72 - Outrage
Level 77 - Metal Burst
Level 82 - Giga Impact

And as promised, here are artworks I created for these three. I tried my best to mimic Sugimori style but it's late and I lazied out near the end:

F822lmL.jpg

Last edited:

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
These are some cool looking Pokemon you guys have there. I wish I could draw, though I think my design is simple enough for me to do a rough sketch.

Also, Woodava has thrown a wrench in my plans. We can't have two Pokémon with a name starting in "wood", can we? I'll just have to come up with a better name.

Speaking of which: while I don't have my Pokémon ready yet, I do have the general idea finalized, I just have to fill in the blanks. I'll give you a hint: its category is the "Practice Pokémon".

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'll claim

* New Psychic Combination #111-112
Conditions: Has to be part Psychic, and by final evolution either part-Poison or part-Bug, all unused combinations.

UPDATE - and here they are!

Eradex: #111 - Hocust

D8YfiBoX4AEBNkc.png

Category: Isolated Pokémon

Type: Psychic/Bug

Ability 1: Intimidate

Ability 2: Sap Sipper

Hidden Ability: Power of Alchemy

Gender Ratio: 20% Male/80% Female

Egg Group: Bug Group

Height: 0'7''

Weight: 20lb

Body Shape: Single Pair of Wings

Evolution Method: Level 37

Description: When born, the tiny Hocust latches onto the first gnarled branch it sees, and becomes extremely distressed if it's ever without. Due to the branch's weight, Hocust can't fly, and instead radiates a threatening psychic aura to scare off predators.

Typically found at the foot of the tree where they were born, Hocust are extremely shy, with their heads hidden within a hat-like carapace.

Eradex: #112 - Pocust

D8YfiqOXYAEVN1w.png

Category: Witch Pokémon

Type: Psychic/Bug

Ability 1: Magic Guard

Ability 2: Magic Bounce

Hidden Ability: Power of Alchemy

Gender Ratio: 20% Male/80% Female

Egg Group: Bug Group

Height: 1'6

Weight: 30lb

Body Shape: Single Pair of Wings

Description: Isolation as a Hocust results in greater psychic abilities for its evolution, channeled through a trusty branch. While its wings have now atrophied into a cape, it can now carry the branch with ease, and can be seen hopping from treetop to treetop with it in hand.

Still a shy Pokémon at heart, Pocust has a hard time trusting others, but can often be found aiding similarly lonely children and Pokémon with its powers from nearby bushes.

Some say the tip of the branch glows green whenever a powerful psychic attack is about to be unleashed.

Updated my original post with mine!

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
D8ZEhiiX4AAsMIK.jpg:large

(i know the design is a bit simplistic but i want to show a basic idea of what it would look like)

Criteria:

* Metal Coat Pokemon #124-125

Conditions: First form can be any Type but Steel-type, but evolution must be a Steel-type. A Pokemon that evolves with the Metal Coat.

#124 – Taibad (Taibhse + ad)

Name Reference: Scottish Gaelic Words for Ghost and Hat

Ghostly Hat Pokemon (Inspired by Military Hats)

Type: Ghost

Abilities: Levitate/Sniper

Egg Group: Amorphous

Height: 2'06 Weight: 34 lbs

Body Type: Ghostly Hat

Evolves into Samhanca with Trading Through Metal Coat.

Stats:

HP:

Attack: 60

Defense: 90

Sp. Atk: 60

Sp. Def: 50

Speed: 50 (TOTAL Stats:: 380)

Entry in the Pokedex: Taibad are generally cowardly creatures with them often hiding in haunted areas out of sight with trainers. However, it has been rumoured by the Pokemon Community that these Pokemon are able to control or manipulate people by attaching to their head - this has never been proven.

Moveset:

Level 1 ---- Astonish

Level 1 ---- Super Sonic

Level 6 --- Confuse Ray

Level 11 ----- Magnet Bomb

Level 16 ----- Night Shade

Level 19 ----- Hex

Level 22 ----- Mirror Shot

Level 26 ----- Toxic

Level 34 ----- Flash Canon

Level 41 ----- Ominious Wind

Level 43 ----- Shadow Ball

Level 47 ----- Curse

Level 53 ----- Gyro Ball

Level 57 ----- Destiny Bond

#125 – Samhanca (Samhach and Tank)

Name Reference: Scottish Gaelic Words for Spectre and Tank)

The Haunted Tank Pokemon

Type: Steel/Ghost

Abilities: Infiltrator/Sniper

Egg Group: Amrphous

Height: 4'1" Weight: 400lbs

Body Type: Tank that is possessed by a Ghost

Stat Distribution:

HP: 90

Attack: 70

Defense: 130

Sp. Atk: 110

Sp. Def: 70

Speed: 70 (TOTAL: 540)

Pokédex Entry : This ghostly tank Pokemon is a force to be reckoned with - unlike the cowardly Taibad - it will charge into battle in order to protect itself from other Pokemon. Some speculate that the souls of a Taibad and a Samhanca are lost soldiers trying to find their way home - a point in favour of this theory is that you will often find Samhanca in areas where that has been great conflict.

Moveset

Level 1 - Astonish

Level 1 - Super Sonic

Level 6 --- Confuse Ray

Level 11 ----- Magnet Bomb

Level 16 ----- Night Shade

Level 19 ----- Hex

Level 22 ----- Mirror Shot

Level 26 ----- Toxic

Level 34 ----- Flash Canon

Level 41 ----- Ominious Wind

Level 43 ----- Shadow Ball

Level 47 ----- Curse

Level 53 ----- Gyro Ball

Level 57 ----- Destiny Bond

Level 63 - Ghostly Blitz (exclusive move)

If there any issues,problems with this then please message me

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Having trouble getting something down I really like visually on the first form but I got the foundation for the second form. Needs a bit more time in the oven but its not like this is my job, so I'm not going to spend anymore time on it currently.

Hoodnect
Locust Pokemon
Bug
Ability 1: Trap Master (NEW) - This Pokemon is immune to trap moves such as spike and stealth rock
Ability 2: Swarm
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% female
Height: 0.8m (2'3")
Weight: 7.5kg (16.5lbs)
Body Shape: Insect
Evolution: Level 30 with any form of sewaddle line in the party

Description 1: These Pokemon are known to scavenge for the parts left behind by Sewaddle and it's kin. It uses these leaves for food and cover. If desperate enough they will track down Sewaddle colonies and directly steal from them.

Description 2: This Pokemon can be commonly seen in swarms led by Invasect, it typically does not question orders given by its leader(s). If it has doubts, this could be seen as a sign that is ready to break off from the pack and evolve.

Invasect
Raider Pokemon
Bug/Dark
Ability 1: Trap Master (NEW) - This Pokemon is immune to trap moves such as spike and stealth rock
Height: 1.6m (5'2")
Weight: 65kg (143.3lbs)
Body Shape: Humanoid
Signature Move: Snipe, a unique bug move that is super effective vs flying type pokemon and does 2x damage to pokemon performing the move fly (can be used on them like sky uppercut). The move Lock-On additionally adds a .5x multiplier to this move.

Description 1: A dreadful locust Pokemon, the severity of damage caused by its presence depends on its swarm make up. It usually commands Hoodnect to pillage local vegetation.

Description 2: It is very rare that several of these Pokemon are in one swarm, as they do not easily agree on raiding strategies. In the rare cases that they do join forces they can easily destroy and shut down farming communities.

Description 3: A very cunning and strategic Pokemon, one of its appendages functions as a fire arm, it uses this to combat bird Pokemon when it desires to usurp and feed in their tree territory. Even the more aggressive Fearow will immediately flee at the sound of its swarm approaching.

ZRvWAVX.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work currently, but I don't think anyone's taken Main Early Bird and I, The Adder, would like to officially claim it.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I, KingDirk, would like to claim the three-stage electric line (still making my way through the thread, if I missed someone claiming it already I'm sorry)!

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Cool idea! Can I get the 3 stage Ground type? #67-#69

I have some ideas for a Pokémon I wanted for a while.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I claim
* Rock and Ghost #115

Edit:
Name: Phanstone
Type: Ghost/Rock
Category: Solid Ghost Pokemon
Height: 0'08" || 0.2 m
Weight: 4.4 lbs. || 2.0 kg
Ability 1: Geogeist – When Pokemon is holding a "stone" item, increase ATK and DEF by x 1.5.
Ability 2: Solid Rock
Hidden Ability: Geocore – Reduce damage done by certain types of attacks (25%) when Pokemon is holding a "stone" item.
Stats: HP: 75 | ATK: 80 | DEF: 85 | SP.ATK: 55 | SP.DEF: 65 | SPD: 65 -> BST: 425
Egg Group: Amorphous/Mineral
Body Shape: Pokémon consisting of a head and a base
Evolution Method: Does not evolve

Description: Phanstone is a small Ghost Pokemon with a ghostly lower body (think Phantump) and a big crystal-like head with sharp features. Its head is transparent with ghostly rock features decorating the inside of it, and its faces is like carvings in a rock. There is a hole in the centre of its body where it stores any rock that it has grown attached to. It has small stubbed hands and floats around as it has no feet.
Lore: Phanstone are very curious and friendly little Pokemon that is in search of its special stone that will fill the void in the centre of its body. It will continue to put whatever stone it finds in its void until it finds the one that suits it best. Any stone place in the void that does not suit Phanstone will eventually turn to dust. It is said that any living thing that touches Phanstone's prized stone will have its energy drained and stored inside the stone for Phanstone to consume.
Phanstone has a habit of going up to trainers and Pokemon alike and offering its stone to them so it can steal their energy. Phanstone gains special properties from any stone that it places inside of its void. Phanstone has a unique Rock-type move in Geo-barrage, which hits twice. The first hit is a Rock-type and the second hit if based on whatever "Stone" item Phanstone is holding. [Geo-barrage: 35 per hit, 5% chance of flinching(per hit)]

Move List: TBC

Items > Type damage reduced/Attack Typing
Fire Stone > Fire
Water Stone > Water
Thunder Stone > Electric
Leaf Stone > Grass
Moon Stone > Fairy
Hard Stone > Rock
Dawn Stone > Psychic
Dusk Stone > Dark
Oval Stone > Normal
Sun Stone > Dragon
Shiny Stone > Steel
Ice Stone > Ice
Eviolite > Ground
Damp Rock > Bug
Moss Rock > Poison
Everstone > Fighting
Float Stone > Flying
Odd Keystone > Ghost
*any* Mega Stone > Normal

This is a pretty cool concept!

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Invasect
Raider Pokemon
Bug/Dark
Height: 1.6m (5'2")
Weight: 65kg (143.3lbs)
Body Shape: Humanoid
Signature Move: Snipe, a unique bug move that is super effective vs flying type pokemon and does 2x damage to pokemon performing the move fly (can be used on them like sky uppercut). The move Lock-On additionally adds a .5x multiplier to this move.

Description 1: A dreadful locust Pokemon, the severity of damage caused by its presence depends on its swarm make up. It usually commands Hoodnect to pillage local vegetation.

Description 2: It is very rare that several of these Pokemon are in one swarm, as they do not easily agree on raiding strategies. In the rare cases that they do join forces they can easily destroy and shut down farming communities.

Description 3: A very cunning and strategic Pokemon, one of its appendages functions as a fire arm, it uses this to combat bird Pokemon when it desires to usurp and feed in their tree territory. Even the more aggressive Fearow will immediately flee at the sound of its swarm approaching.

ZRvWAVX.jpg

Ohh... Cool (and terrifying) Bug Poké! I like the locust concept behind it, and that it basically commands an armie of little bugs, haha.
I can even picture it learning moves like Attack Order or Defense Order, :P

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all embarrassing me at how good you are at drawing.

These are some cool looking Pokemon you guys have there. I wish I could draw, though I think my design is simple enough for me to do a rough sketch.

Also, Woodava has thrown a wrench in my plans. We can't have two Pokémon with a name starting in "wood", can we? I'll just have to come up with a better name.

Speaking of which: while I don't have my Pokémon ready yet, I do have the general idea finalized, I just have to fill in the blanks. I'll give you a hint: its category is the "Practice Pokémon".
Well we has Golbat and Golduck...

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Ohh... Cool (and terrifying) Bug Poké! I like the locust concept behind it, and that it basically commands an armie of little bugs, haha.
I can even picture it learning moves like Attack Order or Defense Order, :P

Thanks! I hadn't thought of giving it Attack or Defense Order, but they do fit well.

I really like bug Pokemon because of how weird they can be. Loved the gen 5 Karablast and Shellmet lines.

we has more than just them two, we has:

Gol bat
Gol duck
Gol deen
Gol em
Gol lett
Gol urk
Gol isopod

There was already Wooper and Woobat and now we get Wooloo

In Japan a lot of the turtle lines have "game" at the end too (for turtle). I think Drednaw even has it. I don't think it's an issue at all.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I think I'm caught up...got everyone's claims in the first post, and a link to the posts describing the Pokemon!

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also I haven't drawn in forever...but I took at a stab at my Pokemon, and I think they turned out pretty well?

I'm happy with Moleberry! The only thing is, I feel a Starter without visible eyes might not meet the cute requirements!

...but my favorite one has to be Dendrome, who came out looking adorable if I do say so myself. I always like the middle forms a lot, and wanted on that really popped.

And then there's Gnomarchid. Kind of looks like a mix between Pangoro, Chesnaught, and like Abomasnow. I think I got a decent basis here, but perhaps could use some more fine-tuning.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I already have a good idea of what I want to make, btu drawing is not my stroing suite, so It'll take some time. Hopefully I'll have something done by the weekend.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I JazzmanZ would like to claim * Turtle Pokemon #28-29 *
I've got a good idea for those two i'd like to concept up.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I haven't drawn in forever...but I took at a stab at my Pokemon, and I think they turned out pretty well?

I'm happy with Moleberry! The only thing is, I feel a Starter without visible eyes might not meet the cute requirements!

...but my favorite one has to be Dendrome, who came out looking adorable if I do say so myself. I always like the middle forms a lot, and wanted on that really popped.

And then there's Gnomarchid. Kind of looks like a mix between Pangoro, Chesnaught, and like Abomasnow. I think I got a decent basis here, but perhaps could use some more fine-tuning.
I thought you said you weren't an artist lol, those all look pretty well drawn to me. Though the last one is kind of horrifying

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rotobit

Wow, I like the spritework! More than drawing, I think I'd rather be skilled in pixel art---though I guess the former should be learned as a basis!

As for Hocust and Pocust, really cute ideas---especially using the branch as a broomstick.

Prodigenius10

I pretty much would expect a Rock/Ghost Pokemon to have some sort of unique gimmick, and wow you went above and beyond. We do have so many stones a Pokemon making use of them seems like something that might happen eventually, and how you can use the stone either defensively or offensively is nice.

Though I wonder, what happens if say a Pikachu comes into contact with a Phanstone with a Thunder Stone? Does it evolve? Or does Phanstone absorb the evolution energy for itself?

Spirit of Jazz

THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!

I'm very interested to learn why it evolves by fighting Sharpedo. Also the idea of a bird Pokemon who just hates all the others is a fun idea. I feel like deep down that's probably how Farfetch'd feels, but he's too noble---Groose is willing to call the other birds out on their bullshit.

oreomunsta

I'm still disappointed we don't just have a straight-up snowman Pokemon. I remember the rumors for Gen VII said that would be Crabominable...but...

Anyway, fun names (Snowmad is a great pun that deserves to be in another Nintendo game!), as is Inukshook. I'm picturing like the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph here.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone done the Fire Starter yet? I'll have a stab if not!

#004 - Hissyre
Category: Snake Pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Merciless
Gender Ratio: 75/25
Egg Group: Monster/Dragon
Height: 1.8m
Weight: 11.8lbs
Evolution Method: Evolves into Inferver at level 17
Base Stats: 45/50/50/60/45/70

#005 - Inferver
Category: Snake Pokemon
Type: Fire
Height: 3m
Weight: 32.9lbs
Evolution Method: Evolves into Mambustion at level 36
Base Stats: 60/65/65/80/60/90

#006 - Mambustion
Category: Venom Pokemon
Type: Fire/Poison
Height: 6.2m
Weight: 131.3lbs
Evolution Method: Evolves from Inferver at level 36
Base Stats: 70/75/70/110/80/120

I'm a terrible artist so I can't really draw them but anyone else is welcome to have a go if they fancy it. I picture Hissyre as quite a cute, smallish orange snake with large eyes.It has black rings around the lower part of its body which glow faints when it uses Fire type attacks. Inferver becomes more fearsome and is now half orange half black. Faint smoke seeps from its neck and the outline of its mouth is a deep purple. Mambustion is based on a mix between black mamba and basilisk. Its body is now entirely black and it has piercing yellow eyes. The deep purple outline around its mouth remains and venom can be seen dripping from its jaw. While its body is completely black, when it uses Fire type moves it lights up white like a burning hot piece of charcoal. Smoke emits from around its neck to create a hooded cobra kind of effect.

It is said that people used to be terrified of Hissyre as rumours of its venomous capabilities were greatly exaggerated. This was countered by the increased breeding of the species, with increased exposure revealing Hissyre to be a gentle and kind Pokemon. Inferver are deeply protective of young Hissyre and will attack anything they see as a threat with great speed and accuracy. While they can be quite tempestuous they still retain their kindness once in a position of trust. Mambustion's scary appearance is mainly for show, but its venom has been known to paralyse a fully grown Mudsdale in the past. Their bodies can reach up to 600 degrees Celsius, which makes for quick incubation of Hissyre eggs.

Learnset(s):

N/N/- Torment
N/N/- Wring Out
- Lick
3 Leer
10 Wrap
14 Smokescreen
17 Flame Burst
20/21 Screech
23/25 Acid Spray
27/28 Venom Drench
31/33 Fire Spin
34/36 Glare
N/N/Ev. Venoshock
39/41/42 Flamethrower
43/46/47 Toxic
47/50/52 Coil
51/54/58 Fire Blast
N/N/62 Burn Up

Last edited:

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Era-Dex #79:
Name: Slugplug
Category: Trail Pokémon
Type: Electric
Ability 1: Static
Ability 2: Lightning Drive
Hidden Ability: Suction Cups
Gender Ratio: 50/50
Egg Group: Amorphous/Water 1 (same across lines)
Height: 6"
Weight: 1 lb
Body Shape: Serpentine (same across lines)

Description: A black slug with a blue undercarriage, yellow eyes and piping, battery-like antennae, and a rectangular silver growth at its rear similar to a USB-plug. Like many electric Pokémon it feeds on electricity and is often found infesting server farms. To evade predation from Flying-type Pokémon their body is coated in a highly conductive slime that trails behind them. This slime trail resembles acid and is known to carry a latent charge long after Slugplug has left the area, shocking unsuspecting travelers.

Era-Dex #80
Name: Valvoroto
Category: Turbine Pokémon
Ability 1: Volt Absorb
Ability 2: Wind Absorb (like Volt/Water Absorb except for "wind" moves--ominous wind, whirlwind, silver wind, etc)
Hidden Ability: Water Absorb
Height: 2'6"
Weight: 48 lb
Evolves from Slugplug at level 22

Description: A large snail with a blue body, two sets of connected yellow eyes, and a silver-and-rust colored shell reminiscent of a turbine. With its new shell, Valvovolt is not only further protected from predators but now able to generate its own electricity, represented visually by it's turning spinning and electricity arcing between its antennae. With this newfound independence it can be found in a broader number of biomes-- some are semiaquatic, some remain near manmade power sources, and especially brave Valvovolt are found in mountain peaks...

Era-Dex #81
Name: Glaucidive
Category: Jet Drive Pokémon
Type: Electric/Dragon
Ability 1: Motor Drive
Ability 2: Jet Drive (Like the above Wind Absorb except instead of restoring HP it raises Speed instead)
Hidden Ability: Water Drive (Motor Drive except water instead of electric)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 96 lb
Evolves when Valvoroto levels up knowing the move Tailwind

Description: A long, slender nudibranch with lightning bolt piping, antennae akin to lightning rods, and jet turbines under its wings. When in flight the "streamers" that dangle from its limbs sprawl out behind it.

Freed from its heavy shell, this creature is regularly seen drifting at high altitudes, lulling its favored prey- Tentacool, Tynamo, or Pidove - into a false sense of security. When beyond notice, it will dive down, more than happy to pursue its quarry even into deep waters. Uninterested in human prey, it is considered good luck by travelers that wander under its shadow.

I came up with this line during Inktober last year; here are my early sketches before they had names/I ironed out their abilities. I changed the final form's typing when I learned its inspiration, the blue glaucus, is also known as the blue dragon - that seemed the kind of fun Game Freak couldn't pass up

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've claimed #91-92, part-Normal

I'm gonna post what I have now and continue to work on it over the next couple of days when I have the time. Everything here is a WIP until I remove this message.

Also, I'm not an artist, but I'm gonna sketch my concepts to the best of my ability so that I don't have to work too hard to describe that shit in text, lmao. Do feel free to draw them better if you like!

----------------------

Dex #091 - Grubble

conswormx3jhu.jpg

(don't mistake its two little eyebrows for eyes, lol)

Category: Inchworm Pokemon
Type: Normal/Bug
Ability: Gluttony
Hidden Ability: Harvest
Egg Group:
Height: 4"
Weight: 0.3lb
Body Shape: Serpentine
Evolution Method: Evolves after level 16 if leveled up or traded while holding Heavy Stone

-details to come-

notes - it is green. its eyes are white. its cheeks are gold, and the dots along its head and back are hard mineral deposits
it is a burrowing Pokemon capable of chewing through dirt, wood, and even some types of stone
it is very friendly, but also kind of a pest
it'll chew holes all through your garden
it is constantly in search of a new meal it hasn't sampled before
it burrows into the earth when it senses danger
it's got a heckin' mean bite

Base Stat Total: 260
HP: 30
Attack: 85
Defense: 30
Special Attack: 30
Special Defense: 30
Speed: 55

---------

Dex #092 - Smorgsbore

Category: Earthworm Pokemon
Type: Normal/Rock
Ability: Solid Rock
Hidden Ability: Sturdy
Egg Group:
Height: 1'2"
Weight: 88lb
Body Shape: Serpentine

-details to come-

notes - its skin is dark grey. its eyes are gold.
its carapace has been strengthened considerably by the minerals it consumes
it is flecked with chunks of hard stone and quartz, and ringed with jagged edges round each section of its body
it can freely rotate each section of its body
it burns a massive amount of energy while burrowing, but travels extremely quickly through the ground
it consumes everything in its path while tunneling and leaves clean, smooth tunnel walls behind
it enjoys leading other burrowing Pokemon through its tunnels, and connecting its own tunnel systems to theirs

Base Stat Total: 510
HP: 65
Attack: 140
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 50
Speed: 105

Signature Move: Bore
Type: Rock
Split: Physical
PP: 5
Power: 90
Effect: This move ignores type relationships during damage calculation, and will always strike at normal effectiveness. Rock-type, Ground-type, and Steel-type Pokemon must switch out immediately after being hit by this move. If a Pokemon that would be switched out by this move due to its type, is prevented from being switched out, then this move will fail.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Question: If we take another line other than the stone lines, can one of the stages still evolve via stone or other special means? Or level-up only?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I, Leo, would like to officially claim the three stage fairy line (61-63), please!

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work currently, but I don't think anyone's taken Main Early Bird and I, The Adder, would like to officially claim it.

I'll make a post with the full details once I'm home, but I'll leave the initial concept here for now

Names: P'twee, P'too, Hachtoo
Types: Flying/Poison
Design concept: Sleek, toxic bird with elements based on quails.
Gameplay Concept: Fast, defensive debuffer. Useful for introducing the player to the uses of status effects amd debuffs early on with some solid tricks that make it worth keeping for late game.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I, Thores, would like to officially claim Secondary Early Bug #20-21.

Love this idea, by the way.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Realized I didn't do it right.

I, Delio, would like to officially claim the Three stage Rock line #58-60

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Personally I'm most interested in Evolving/Remixing Current Pokemon evolution trees across different types to best fit a region.

IE
Bulbmander. A Grass type pokemon that looks like Charmander but has a leaf tail. Evolves into Ivylelion and later Venusard (Grass/Flying Charizard)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Era-Dex #79:
Name: Slugplug
Category: Trail Pokémon
Ability 1: Static
Ability 2: Lightning Drive
Hidden Ability: Suction Cups
Egg Group: Amorphous/Water 1 (same across lines)
Height: 6"
Weight: 1 lb
Body Shape: Serpentine (same across lines)

Description: A black slug with a blue undercarriage, yellow eyes and piping, battery-like antennae, and a rectangular silver growth at its rear similar to a USB-plug. Like many electric Pokémon it feeds on electricity and is often found infesting server farms. To evade predation from Flying-type Pokémon their body is coated in a highly conductive slime that trails behind them. This slime trail resembles acid and is known to carry a latent charge long after Slugplug has left the area, shocking unsuspecting travelers.

Era-Dex #80
Name: Valvoroto
Category: Turbine Pokémon
Ability 1: Volt Absorb
Ability 2: Wind Absorb (like Volt/Water Absorb except for "wind" moves--ominous wind, whirlwind, silver wind, etc)
Hidden Ability: Water Absorb
Height: 2'6"
Weight: 48 lb
Evolves from Slugplug at level 22

Description: A large snail with a blue body, two sets of connected yellow eyes, and a silver-and-rust colored shell reminiscent of a turbine. With its new shell, Valvovolt is not only further protected from predators but now able to generate its own electricity, represented visually by it's turning spinning and electricity arcing between its antennae. With this newfound independence it can be found in a broader number of biomes-- some are semiaquatic, some remain near manmade power sources, and especially brave Valvovolt are found in mountain peaks...

Era-Dex #81
Name: Glaucidive
Category: Jet Drive Pokémon
Type: Electric/Dragon
Ability 1: Motor Drive
Ability 2: Jet Drive (Like the above Wind Absorb except instead of restoring HP it raises Speed instead)
Hidden Ability: Water Drive (Motor Drive except water instead of electric)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 96 lb
Evolves when Valvoroto levels up knowing the move Tailwind

Description: A long, slender nudibranch with lightning bolt piping, antennae akin to lightning rods, and jet turbines under its wings. When in flight the "streamers" that dangle from its limbs sprawl out behind it.

Freed from its heavy shell, this creature is regularly seen drifting at high altitudes, lulling its favored prey- Tentacool, Tynamo, or Pidove - into a false sense of security. When beyond notice, it will dive down, more than happy to pursue its quarry even into deep waters. Uninterested in human prey, it is considered good luck by travelers that wander under its shadow.

I came up with this line during Inktober last year; here are my early sketches before they had names/I ironed out their abilities. I changed the final form's typing when I learned its inspiration, the blue glaucus, is also known as the blue dragon - that seemed the kind of fun Game Freak couldn't pass up

These look great

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, I really liked your write up on this Pokémon, very creative "gimmick" theme with the stones!
Thanks..it just came to me 👍
This is a pretty cool concept!
Thanks. I'm glad you like the concept 👍
Prodigenius10

I pretty much would expect a Rock/Ghost Pokemon to have some sort of unique gimmick, and wow you went above and beyond. We do have so many stones a Pokemon making use of them seems like something that might happen eventually, and how you can use the stone either defensively or offensively is nice.

Though I wonder, what happens if say a Pikachu comes into contact with a Phanstone with a Thunder Stone? Does it evolve? Or does Phanstone absorb the evolution energy for itself.
Interesting question. Ideally Phanstone would absorb the energy for itself.
I would hope Pikachu would evolve into an entirely new Pokemon tho 😂

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I like the idea of a utility player whose different immunities could keep foes guessing.
The ability stuff is a cool idea, but probably hurt by the fact that none of it applies to any potential weaknesses so people will just hit it with earthquake or ice beam in most cases. Still useful on the switch though if you make a good read