Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Having never really invested in a Dissidia game I gotta say seeing Angelo back and ruffing people up is cool.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About fucking time. Even if I don't like the Dissidia games I'm glad she's in it. Can't even get a goddamn half assed FF8 PS4 remaster like FF7 got.

I needed to hear some good news after finding out how proud New Yorkers are of that chopped cheese bullshit.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks lovely.

Little interest in the game but nice to see VIII represented anywhere.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pbnjvfDfS01x6iipzo3_1280.png

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Growing up, Rinoa was always the representation of the girl I want to marry. This doesn't change with her announcement here. She looks splendid. Though, I still need to pick this game up.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
It's dumb because it makes no sense. Rinoa trying to kill herself is beyond stupid, nothing in game states Sorceresses live longer than normal humans and Rinoa going crazy purely because everyone died off from age is silly to her character.

Ultimecia has a tragic backstory already present.
Nothing dumb about it. A sorceress powerful enough to control time? I wouldn't be surprised if age isn't an issue for her. We know use of GFs degrades memory, and even if they didn't... what kind of human WOULDN'T go crazy if they were persecuted for something beyond their control all their life, was forced to fight back to survive, watched the world turn to ruin around them, to the point that they became the sole human left alive in the world and had to endure that loneliness. Add loss of memory to that due to a GF (which is Squall's personal emblem), Rinoa telling Squall she wants him to be the one to kill her if this all comes about, and it adds up.

I'm not saying it's concrete. I'm just saying even if you don't buy into it (and we all know it's not official canon now anyway) it's weird to pretend it's nonsense when it helps explains some of the game's oddities (Griever GF for Ulti being the biggest). I think some people just don't like overly complex and hidden connections like the theory is built on in their stories, which is fine, but I love it and think it fits well into a game which is popular for them (Laguna and Julia's unrequited love finally completed by their kids for example).

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Considering FFVI already has three reps (one of which is barely a month old), she's probably pretty low on the totem poll with so many other mainline games with only two reps.

If I had to guess I'd say not until season pass 3 or 4 at the earliest.
Yeah, I know, Locke is great and all but Celes was my top requested character from VI...

Well, at least she's going to be added soon in OO

Lwyn

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
Wow, this comment is pretty much disrespecting the community, but who?

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I know she doesn't really have any other canon outfits, but that alternate outfit is the most bland thing ever, lol.

At least her second alternate color has new textures rather than just being straight color swaps, so that's neat.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't canon but I don't care. Make Rinoa's 3rd Outfit a Galbadian Soldier.

It will most likely be her Amano outfit.
Only in the japanese version, it'll be a while before she comes to global.
It won't be that long lol It's about 7 events until she arrives and most cases we get a new event every week.

Nothing dumb about it. A sorceress powerful enough to control time? I wouldn't be surprised if age isn't an issue for her. We know use of GFs degrades memory, and even if they didn't... what kind of human WOULDN'T go crazy if they were persecuted for something beyond their control all their life, was forced to fight back to survive, watched the world turn to ruin around them, to the point that they became the sole human left alive in the world and had to endure that loneliness. Add loss of memory to that due to a GF (which is Squall's personal emblem), Rinoa telling Squall she wants him to be the one to kill her if this all comes about, and it adds up.

I'm not saying it's concrete. I'm just saying even if you don't buy into it (and we all know it's not official canon now anyway) it's weird to pretend it's nonsense when it helps explains some of the game's oddities (Griever GF for Ulti being the biggest). I think some people just don't like overly complex and hidden connections like the theory is built on in their stories, which is fine, but I love it and think it fits well into a game which is popular for them (Laguna and Julia's unrequited love finally completed by their kids for example).

Griever is summoned from Squall's thoughts(explained better in JP version) of what he considers the most powerful GF and it's stated when you scan it. It has nothing to do with Ultimecia creating it because she is Rinoa.

Nothing in Ultimecia's dialogue says anything to do with losing people she loves. She throughout the game(using Edea) says her motivations clearly. She hates SeeD and humans for condemning her as a monster and forcing her to create a world where she can't be killed. She knows of the Legendary SeeD destined to kill her because Squall and her are in a time loop where she is continuously killed by him. It's even more sad knowing she creates her own death.

I WAS WAITING FOR YOUR REACTION LOL

THIS IS RINOA FANS RIGHT NOW

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
I got this game super cheap and it included the season pass. (I assume it kinda bombed)

Rinoa will get me to finally try the game out. Gameplay looks complicated.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It won't be that long lol It's about 7 events until she arrives and most cases we get a new event every week.

It'll probably be around two months or so given that there's still a new chapter before her and the fact that usually the week before a new chapter there aren't events.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I never had much love for Rinoa (#TeamQuistis), but she does look nice here. I'll definitely have to get into this particular Dissidia someday, just never sure when...

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been like a couple of decades since I last played FFVIII so correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Rinoa the videogame example of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope for the MC Squall?

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Her ballroom dress render seriously freaks me out, I never expected Rinoa to have curves out of all protagonists in dissidia in my life. Square wyd ???

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'll have to look into it. Is it fun? Sadly a lot of my favorite FF women are a little obscure I guess. Yuffie is probably never making it into one of these things. Fang with a Vanille assist would also be interesting.
I've been playing since launch and love it. It's very free to play friendly so there's no real cost to check it out. Lots of characters are featured that don't normally get the spotlight (Vanille made it into the game before even Lightning and Yuffie is in the base roster). Plus some of the character interactions and story cutscenes are really cute and nice nods to fans. The battle system is reminiscent of X's so if you enjoyed that type of combat, you'd probably dig this. It can be grindy but you can auto battle through a lot of stuff.

Quistis isn't out yet in global but she'll make it within the year. Celes too although she'll take a longer.

Oct 25, 2017
It's really fun. It's basically Kingdom Hearts with Final Fantasy replacing the Disney worlds and characters, and a Pokémon twist.
I'm vexed. There's no dumb lore to it right? I never really did like the Kingdom Hearts story.
I've been playing since launch and love it. It's very free to play friendly so there's no real cost to check it out. Lots of characters are featured that don't normally get the spotlight (Vanille made it into the game before even Lightning and Yuffie is in the base roster). Plus some of the character interactions and story cutscenes are really cute and nice nods to fans. The battle system is reminiscent of X's so if you enjoyed that type of combat, you'd probably dig this. It can be grindy but you can auto battle through a lot of stuff.

Quistis isn't out yet in global but she'll make it within the year. Celes too although she'll take a longer.
The fucking X battle system? That shit was great!!! It on PS4? Might just download it when I get home. And Yuffie? I love Yuffie. Can I do Yuffie, Vanille and Fang as a team?

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
I find the art style in WoFF to be absolutely horrid, otherwise I'd be there. Couldn't put up with a whole game of that nightmare fuel.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking at it most of the renders are wack in this Dissidia. I don't know if it's the anime style or the Team Ninja flavour but Tidus has hella abs, Ultimecia is straight up a fashion model. At least Kuja benefited from it, the anime style suits him well

Jan 11, 2018
I'm vexed. There's no dumb lore to it right? I never really did like the Kingdom Hearts story.

It's very reminiscent of the original Kingdom Hearts.

Just know that you need a Day One edition for the Japanese voices on PS4 and Vita, and that the English voices come as free DLC for the Vita version (meaning you're stuck without voices if you get an import copy).

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at it most of the renders are wack in this Dissidia. I don't know if it's the anime style or the Team Ninja flavour but Tidus has hella abs, Ultimecia is straight up a fashion model. At least Kuja benefited from it, the anime style suits him well
I'm honestly not a big fan of Dissidia's style. It's trying to be inclusive of all designs but some characterse translate horribly into it like Squall and Bartz. Even Tidus and Yuna look different and they had Remaster updates.

So far Rinoa is actually one of the better translations. She still looks a little off but compared to others she looks fantastic.
How is World of Final Fantasy and is it dirt cheap? If it's good I'll get it. I will admit to ignoring a lot of the spinoffs.
It's a really fun and quirky game. There is some dumb shit which is standard for the series but most of the time the game isn't taking itself very seriously. There is a lot of fanservice and the battle system is fun to mix and match classic enemies.

Celes has great voice acting. I will warn you that IMO Quistis sounds awful. Like they picked the most bored extra they could find and she is the weakest new voice acting by far. It's not at all what I pictured her to sound like.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they just say "fuck it" and make Kuja peak female?
I'm honestly not a big fan of Dissidia's style. It's trying to be inclusive of all designs but some characterse translate horribly into it like Squall and Bartz. Even Tidus and Yuna look different and they had Remaster updates.

It's a really fun and quirky game. There is some dumb shit which is standard for the series but most of the time the game isn't taking itself very seriously. There is a lot of fanservice and the battle system is fun to mix and match classic enemies.

Celes has great voice acting. I will warn you that IMO Quistis sounds awful. Like they picked the most bored extra they could find and she is the weakest new voice acting by far. It's not at all what I pictured her to sound like.
So she doesn't sound like a British librarian? Damn.
It's very reminiscent of the original Kingdom Hearts.

Just know that you need a Day One edition for the Japanese voices on PS4 and Vita, and that the English voices come as free DLC for the Vita version (meaning you're stuck without voices if you get an import copy).
Any of that stuff in this:
https://www.amazon.com/World-Final-...D=61%2Bt9zQrUiL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Celes comes out in like a few weeks? Quistis is going to take much longer. Unless they skip over one of them again for whatever stupid fucking reason.

JadedWriter Check out the game, the JP version has almost 90 characters. All of your favorites that you've mentioned so far are already in it at least in the JP version, and many of them are in the global. The global version of the game is getting characters at a faster rate than the JP version got them at the time. It's fun, you can get any character you want in it, the only problem is in regards to getting their weapons which is more of a grindy pain in the ass.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Did they just say "fuck it" and make Kuja peak female?

So she doesn't sound like a British librarian? Damn.
Honestly I pictured Quistis having a deeper voice. Very serious but then can switch easily into a jokey attitude something WoFF did not portray at all.

Rinoa I think should have a british voice actress. European influence, Deling is Paris themed and it would suit her the most.