jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
After a decade of ground breaking blockbuster films, the MCU is now approaching the culmination of its first Epic. This is some unparalleled comic bookery & I think it would be very rewarding to watch all the films in the run up to Infinity War.

Staring 12/22, every week for the following 5 months, I'd like for us to watch a movie and post here with our thoughts.

On some nights, I'd like to set up a 'live watch' when we can coordinate a start time and chat on Discord as we watch.

Please be patient as I fix up this OT. I've also made a small change to the Phases...

newmarvelstudioslogo.jpg

Movie | Watch-by date

*Phase One*

Iron Man | 12/29/2017
The Incredible Hulk | 1/5/2018
Iron Man 2 | 1/12
Thor | 1/19
Captain: The First Avenger | 1/26
The Avengers | 2/2

*Phase Two*

Iron Man 3 | 2/9
Thor: The Dark World | 2/16
Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 2/23
Guardians of the Galaxy | 3/2
Avengers: Age of Ultron | 3/9
Ant-Man | 3/16
Captain America: Civil War | 3/23

*Phase Three*

Doctor Strange |
Guardians of the Galaxy, vol. 2 |
Spider-Man: Homecoming |
Thor: Ragnarok |
Black Panther |

Last edited:

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning on re-watching all of the films in preparation for Infinity War, so I am up for taking part in this!

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Plan on watching them all again. But no way am I chatting while watching a film. Pet peeve of mine.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Every foreshadowing:

XS5LK.gif

-
I am in! YAS

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I talked about doing this with my girlf. ill probably do this for a good portion of the movies

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
me and the girlfriend are already on this road. Ant-Man is our next stop.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Are those all the MCU films? I felt like there would've been more. That's not that ridiculous for a 10yr span tbh.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Might not be able to live watch, but I'm super down for a rewatch and the discussion that comes from all of this.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend, whose only MCU exposure has been the two Guardians films and Homecoming, watched the Infinity War trailer and said let's watch all the movies before it comes out. :lol

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Recently bought the few movies that was missing in my collection so, I'm in.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are those all the MCU films? I felt like there would've been more. That's not that ridiculous for a 10yr span tbh.

The feat is not that there's many but that every one of them is critical praised and made bank beyond expectations. Also that introduce characters that weren't that known and most would declared unbankable.

Needless to say, I'm in.
I can also setup a stream if anyone likes it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in, I'm also watching the Agents of Shield, Netflix shows, and pretty much every other visual part of the MCU too.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Fantastic idea. I wasn't planning on doing this but, if there are conversations to be had, I think I'm in.

AndersK

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Can't wait till it's TFA time. Best MCU.

It's just damn good

Last edited:

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I've been intending to do this and have watched Iron Man, Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 recently. Thor's up next.

Considering I've seen every 2017 MCU film at least twice so far, if I don't quite make it to the finish line by May I'm not gonna worry about it but I'm going to enjoy the attempt.

I'll also be watching the blu-ray one shots for the first time.

JC Lately

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Thanos in this?

Seriously though, I was already planning on doing this, so might as well do it alongside Era.

Never would have imagined we'd get here when I first walked out if the theater after Iron Man. I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was anything special. Hell I rolled my eyes at the mention of an "Avengers Initiative". That would never happen!

Shows WTF I knew.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Is Thanos in this?

Seriously though, I was already planning on doing this, so might as well do it alongside Era.

Never would have imagined we'd get here when I first walked out if the theater after Iron Man. I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was anything special. Hell I rolled my eyes at the mention of an "Avengers Initiative". That would never happen!

Shows WTF I knew.

I think many felt the same way upon first hearing "Avengers Initative". I thought it so was silly that I actually skipped most of the other Phase 1 films until I realized the Avengers film was actually happening.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
We are on the same wavelengths. I was already planning to rewatch everything so I'm in lol.