Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So how do you guys feel about MCU completely ditching and moving away from the original Avengers after Avengers 4?
I totally prefer a recast instead of getting rid of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc... for good.
Especially if the Fox deal goes through, we definitely will want the original Avengers to stick around to see them with the X-Men and F4.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I wonder how many people will click my "SPOILERS" on the first page or flat out avoid. And if those who clicked will giggle because to me it's hillarious. My favorite Olsen hands down. <3

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. I mean, I said I was in last time, but I'm actually really in this time, for real. I've got access to at least 50% of them.

I haven't seen Iron Man in forever - I think I watched it in the leadup to Age of Ultron? And now actually have Hulu (for Runaways). It'll be interesting to revisit that one.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
That Black Panther movie is going to "ruin" it because it won't be available on Bluray or digital by then (a guess on my part...)

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So how do you guys feel about MCU completely ditching and moving away from the original Avengers after Avengers 4?
I totally prefer a recast instead of getting rid of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, etc... for good.
Especially if the Fox deal goes through, we definitely will want the original Avengers to stick around to see them with the X-Men and F4.

Utterly disagree with the idea of a recast. RDJ is Tony Stark, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers. I don't think that anyone can follow in their footsteps for a long long time. Two of the best castings of all time.

As for this project, I'm totally in. My only annoyance is that the Black Panther release is going to mess things up, and hopefully it's out on video before Infinity War hits theaters

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all that I'd only rewatch Winter Soldier, GotG2, Thor: Ragnarok and BP if it turns out good.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it will be possible to rewatch BP before IW comes out, as in, if it will be in blu-ray already.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Day 1 Midnight screening.

Will try and watch every movie again before Black Panther is released in the cinema.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017

I'm the total opposite New Blood new Heroes. I'm always excited to see fresh new characters.

If they want to keep some of the older characters around I rather just have them pass the mantle then do recasts.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sound good. I refuse to watch Hulk though. No fucking way am I sitting through that bastard of a movie again. The rest are OK though, I might fall asleep during Thor 2: The Dark World 1 but otherwise I've enjoyed all the movies to varying degrees from decent (Thor) to fantastic (Spiderman: Homecoming) and I've been meaning to have a rewatch for a while now.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

I think the most sensible direction is to move away from the original Avengers. As some have said, the casting has become iconic. RDJ is Iron Man. Chris Evans is Captain America. Chris Hemsworth is Thor. Etc, etc, etc. I just think it's a fool's errand to try and replace them so soon. Maybe in 10-20 years but not now.

I think you have to use some of the "lesser" members of the MCU to anchor the transition to Phase 4 and beyond, i.e. build the world around Dr. Strange, Spider-man, and Black Panther (+ the Guardians). Those are significant characters played by serious actors. It's nothing to scoff at. Sure, it might have been nice to see re-cast "original" Avengers meet up with an MCU version of the F4 or X-Men but the quality highly depends on whether they nail the casting. It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice, so to speak.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
o3OExJF.gif

https://youtu.be/4H8hcvNeWtg

ready

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I think I can probably do this. I own most of them and its been a while since I have seen the first Iron Man, maybe Ill watch it this weekend.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Doctor Strange has to earn his stripes as a likable character to be an Avenger replacement; for me, he's just a poor man's Tony right now. T'Challa's awesome, Ant-Man's always great, and I'm certain Brie will kill it as Carol.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer got me super-jazzed!

Been getting my wife on board with all the ones she missed. Up next, Cap 1 & 2. ;)

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I just watched them all last week.

Spider-Man Homecoming may have moved up the ladder a notch after the second viewing. When Peter fights the thugs robing the atm, Hulk and Thor masked guys approach him and he says "Oh hey I finally get to meet you guys!" or something like that. Those were the only 2 not present in Civil War. So subtle I missed it during the first viewing.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good idea. Though I'm planning on watching them all in a single week before it comes out.(if that's possible).
Always start hype mode for new marvel movies and Star Wars.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
hopefully this time i'll be able to join in. excited to rewatch iron man for the first time in ages and i've still never seen the incredible hulk.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to see anyone recast, unless they rebooted the entire thing. If they want to pass the Captain America/Iron Man/whoever name down, I'd be fine with that, but Steve Rogers should just be with Chris Evans.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
According to a cursory release date search I just did, the blu rays seem to release in USA about 4.5 months after the film's release date. That probably means BP will be a no-go, but they could push forward the release date just to make sure everybody has had a chance to see it. I also have no idea when the "digital HD" release window hits, but I feel like that's usually before bluray release date?

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm...had suggested doing this at the other place, but was told it was already being done, so I should just shut my pretty mouth (and, damn, is it pretty)...

never thought to bring it up again after the change...

But I'll be doing an MCU watch with friends...we did figure that if we start on week 1 of the new year, and watch 1 a week, we'll hit Infinity War exactly (not counting Black Panther, which won't be out on BR yet). I guess that makes it a week off of this thread's proposal?

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
According to a cursory release date search I just did, the blu rays seem to release in USA about 4.5 months after the film's release date. That probably means BP will be a no-go, but they could push forward the release date just to make sure everybody has had a chance to see it. I also have no idea when the "digital HD" release window hits, but I feel like that's usually before bluray release date?

Digital is definitely before physical release. Usually by at least a week, sometimes two

I'm also skeptical that BP will be out before IW, but I want it to be. But there's still a chance it'll be in some second-run theaters come late April/early May

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War is out in Europe a week earlier, so for those on this side of the world would need to start a week earlier than above.

LowMax

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it's great, Marvel has so many other characters that they can develop and explore.

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's time for them to move on, it's been 7-10 years of these people

I'm excited to see more Bucky, Spidey, Strange, Black Panther, hopefully Captain Marvel is good, a couple are probably gonna stay around as a mentor role if they make it out alive

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I continuously see people post this, but no one posts the following panels when Cap's shield gets destroyed and he literally gets backhand bitch-slapped slapped to death, lol.

When the Surfer misses grabbing the gauntlet, Cap punches Thanos. It's literally one of the most badass things he could do, punching what is guaranteed death for him.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Marvel feels uncomfortable having two movies in the MCU being completely distributed by other studios, one of which is actually very popular (sorry Hulk, it's not you)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm looking forward to rewatching Hulk, I remember little of it outside of enjoying it more than I thought. I'll also have to write up my impressions of TDW immediately after seeing it because the memory will be gone the next day :p

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Disney Movie Club sure are taking their sweet time delivering my MCU Blurays

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Cannot wait to do this. I should be free every Friday night. Was watching some Winter Soldier clips and I felt like popping in the bluray. Gonna need to figure out how to watch the older MCU films, I only started buying the Blurays after WS came out. I have nothing before besides Avengers.