Imran

Oct 24, 2017
why would Waller have them divert off mission to pick him up
She didn't want the rebels to control the country.

They'd just open the doors to Jotunheim and then publish everything about America's involvement. Might as well have the Squad kill them and then have Peacemaker kill Flagg if he finds out about any of it.

ILPUMAGUERRIERO

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't like it, way too much unneeded gore. Elba carried the whole thing, I had big expectations after seeing all the positive comments. I feel like I've watched a different movie.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This was pretty damn fun to watch. A few slow parts, but overall we had a good time.

Oct 28, 2017
California
What a great movie. Best DCEU movie yet.

REALLY excellent use of The Pixies on the soundtrack, too.

Yup, really excellent use of Pixies. Their music has this ethereal feel to it, and it was used perfectly here.

James Gunn is one hell of a fucking director. He made my favorite Marvel movies and now he's made one of my favorite DCEU movies.

A few deaths were upsetting though, but just goes to show how Gunn can make you care about characters.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like it, way too much unneeded gore. Elba carried the whole thing, I had big expectations after seeing all the positive comments. I feel like I've watched a different movie.
Why do people always say this went they have a differing opinion about about something? You watched the same movie as everyone else, but you didn't like it and it's alright. We all don't need to be in agreement about a movie or that would be bland.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty meh on it. The emotional beats didn't really work and I ended up not really caring about any of the characters.

I gotta say though. This and the previous movie's version of Waller is just awful as a character. The Ostrander run and DCAU version of her is pragmatic and willing to compromise her values for the sake of a greater goal which she is usually smart enough to achieve, which makes her interesting. This version of her is just one dimensionally evil and kinda stupid and incompetent.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I think the opposite death is a joke in this movie and the first 20 mins basically prove it or when
a whole camp of freedom fighters are murdered by mistake as a gag
Any of the Suicide Squad that didn't make it to the end of the movie just told me that the character doesn't matter
You kill Harley and maybe a death actually matters.

I didn't say every death, your spoiler is kind of my point, every death easily could have been that. They weren't

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished watching it. LOVED it. The Harley Quinn middle dragged on a bit but did add to her character.

They kind of stole two scenes from other Marvel movies.

Harley's "Just a Giggalo" scene is a complete copy of "Come a little bit closer" from GOTG2. OF course, they have the same director.

Then there's Bloodsport telling King Shark "Starro Nom Nom!" which is the equivalent of Captain America telling Hulk to smash.

DO NOT TAKE KIDS TO SEE THIS!! Squirm-in-seat gore at times.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Watched another time.

It's just too good, all characters were extremely well done and executed by the actors and the funny bits landed perfectly for me.

#2 favourite cbm after The Dark Knight, simply beautiful.

Now it's time for Black Adam and The Batman to deliver.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Bloodsport's helmet rules

E8H0gi9XEAQiTrI

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact:

Gunn's first pitch was rejected. He was going to make Superman the villain (controlled) but WB said hell nah.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was solid. No annoying characters. Liked the chemistry between them all. Ratcatcher 2 <3

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, the movie was so good I feel like watching it again straight away.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only reason they casted Peter Calpaldi was because Gunn wanted a Malcolm Tucker-like moment when they revealed US dark foriegn affairs(lol), so they just got Malcolm Tucker.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Watched it yesterday and absolutely loved it. Just great all around and the first truly great DCEU movie. Not even Wonder Woman which I considered the best so far comes even close to this one.

I am already scarred of another Suicide Squad movie without Gunn at the helm.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty fucking turned off of the politics in the first half of the movie, but they at least indicated it was intentional and had some criticism with the second half.

Problem was even then a lot of character stuff was just a miss for me. I didn't get much with the chars in the whole two hours which isn't a good sign, although I had fun watching them shoot bad guys and oneliners. None of the humor made me laugh really but it kept things light.

Action scenes were all great though. Nice fun gore.

Starro is cool too. Thinker is pretty gross.

Overall, it was fun, but flawed for me. If this is the best DCU film I'm glad i missed all the other ones. I'd see a sequel if it came out though.

tamago

Oct 27, 2017
Dallas, TX
movie started a bit ho hum at first but lifted off after that. i enjoyed GOTG so this was anticipated to be good, and it was good.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
i dont know who's the worse person to have on your team. Javelin or TDK. Javelin at least killed people but he only has one fucking javelin. and TDK power is just beyond useless but he makes a great distraction :D

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry too much about who dies or who doesn't die in this movie. Flashpoint can bring everyone back.

Oct 8, 2019
This was such a stupid scene in a terrible movie.

That was the moment where the film loses all chance of being a good movie. Just the dumbest twist because it doesnt change anything, it makes no sense for Waller to kill people who were specifically chosen because they are presumably loyal to the USA and can keep a secret.

I feel like I am suffering from the Mandela effect. Wasn't Scott Eastwood the one who played Rick Flag in the last movie?!?!?!?

No Scott Eastwood played GQ Edwards who had scenes with Rick Flagg

dcextendeduniverse.fandom.com

GQ Edwards

"We don't leave teammates behind. Let's get our people back." ―GQ Edwards to Rick Flag[src] "GQ" Edwards was an officer of the United States Armed Forces and a Navy SEAL who assisted Rick Flag in the first Task Force X mission in Midway City. Edwards had an impressive combat record as well as a...

I assume your misremembering this scene where Scott Eastwood's character helps blow up Incubus

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Feel good movie of the summer.

Not sure there's any digital camera that can capture the clarity and depth you get with proper 70mm IMAX. Seeing Nolan films at the Lincoln Square is almost like a religious experience. The size is incredible.

Watch the Steve Yedlin resdemo vids and give up everything you've ever believed about cinema resolution. Feels so good to stop believing the hype.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure there's any digital camera that can capture the clarity and depth you get with proper 70mm IMAX. Seeing Nolan films at the Lincoln Square is almost like a religious experience. The size is incredible.

Greatest movie experience of my life was Interstellar on a true imax screen

So amazing I did it twice despite having to travel to a different city by ferry to do it