• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I wish I could choose if I could defile a perfectly beatiful icon with a randomly placed title text or not. I don't care what the majority of Era thinks, I like my art without title card stamps just fine :/

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance we could petition Sonic Team/Sega/Taxman to change the Sonic Mania icon with the upcoming update?

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I haven't seen this posted, but 'ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun' has received an update with a new icon.

cGEA73Z.png

It's a vast improvement over the previous one, but still a bit disappointed with its generic approach for a game with such a trippy and distinctive art style.

Panel7and8.gif

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Still worse than the original one, which had a kind of classic angular style. At least it conforms now.

WE DID IT!!!

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted by anyone yet, but Sumo Digital put out their update for Snake Pass with a new icon more similar to the original. Looks pretty good!

The update also adds an Arcade Mode to the stages where there's a timer and you collect fruit to score points.

There IS a god.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I like Atomik and Snake Pass new icons. Good.

If Sonic Mania updates the icon with the DLC, the thread will be totally worthy.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
To celebrate maybe they can give some Snake Pass Switch codes for the GiftBox giveaway. ;)

DY_wYv-VwAAtPMt.jpg:large

I mean, it looks classy, but nah. Get the name on there.
To give it some credit, with the album art comparison oft given in this thread, this would work well as a minimalist cover. It helps that it has good composition rather than just being a zoom in on a face with the main focus being off centre.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Now that Snake Pass has a good looking icon again, I just need updates for Sonic Mania, Jackbox Party Pack 3 and Sparkle 3: Genesis and my home screen will look clean. I can deal with Sonic Mania (at least the art is good), but the problems I have with the last two specifically are that they:
  1. Don't have a logo.
  2. Don't fit in with the other games in their series.
  3. The other games in their series have icons with logos but these ones don't.
  4. Point 3 is especially relevant to Jackbox Party Pack 3, because Party Pack 4 went back to putting the logo in the icon, which makes it look even worse.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted by anyone yet, but Sumo Digital put out their update for Snake Pass with a new icon more similar to the original. Looks pretty good!

The update also adds an Arcade Mode to the stages where there's a timer and you collect fruit to score points.

God is real.

Now we just need to change Sonic and I'll be able to sleep at night.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
So happy about Snake Pass updating the icon. I had intentionally avoided updating this whole time so I never saw that ugly mobile app looking icon on my system ^_^

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Love the Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings icon

NOwDPG1.png

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that if Sonic Mania gets any kind of an update it'll be when it becomes Sonic Mania Plus. At least I hope to god they fix it cause otherwise it'll be the only icon in my collection that looks stupid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.