• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to check out the site to see how the Hyper Light Drifter icon looks since I'm thinking of picking it up for that spicy exclusive content. It's not bad, but I stumbled into something way worse and unfair when playing around with the showdown part of the site:

dX7YYpJ.png

How is this okay? Obviously this must be the grand finals and it's hoisting the decision on me, damn randomizer.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Collection of Mana is a nice surprise from the publisher that gave us the Octopath Traveler icon. Almost makes it worth the premium price!!

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
It's possible that these are not the icons that we will see on the home screen. They sometimes or even often differ from the icons in the search.

Look up BotW, Smash, XBC 2 for example.

It's fair to say that it's almost certain these are the final icons for Link's Awakening and Astral Chain at least, since both icons they use the same art assets as their respective games' physical packaging. (Sources: Link's Awakening, Astral Chain)

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, those icons are nice, but the actual ones that release could be similar or go in a completely different direction. For ages I thought the NSMBUDX one would have the yellow stripey look that all the artwork had and then it just didn't.

PS_NSwitch_NewSuperMarioBrosUDeluxe_enGB.jpg
658a846bafd5446bbdfc163c46937152887c6c39eb5f1e6b2337ddec3352b524.jpg

Jan 2, 2018
It's also noted as Q4 in this picture from Nintendo Europe on twitter:

P7BF3ce.jpg

Oh, cool! That's pretty much confirms a October release, unless they have to "delay" it for further polish to December. I really don't see a November release next to Pokémon. They surely want it to be ready for October, but the fact that we didn't get a date in the Direct could mean that they aren't sure if they'll achieve that.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Oh, cool! That's pretty much confirms a October release, unless they have to "delay" it for further polish to December. I really don't see a November release next to Pokémon. They surely want it to be ready for October, but the fact that we didn't get a date in the Direct could mean that they aren't sure if they'll achieve that.

Actually, I do not know if this confirms anything. Nintendo Japan posted another picture with just 2019 (see my edit). Maybe Western Marketing just did not care to make general 2019 category and put everything under Q4. But this is becoming quite off topic. (Although the pictures good some icons/logos whatever).

Beefwheat

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Winkler, Manitoba
h8H0KFIK4L-078OjzZkH5FJB3EzgtO65.png

Is this the place where I can share the hideous icon for Heroes of the Monkey Tavern? It's a grid-based dungeon crawler that's often on sale, so I tried the demo, and it was okay. But this icon means that regardless of game quality it can never, ever be on my Switch.

Jan 2, 2018
Actually, I do not know if this confirms anything. Nintendo Japan posted another picture with just 2019 (see my edit). Maybe Western Marketing just did not care to make general 2019 category and put everything under Q4. But this is becoming quite off topic. (Although the pictures good some icons/logos whatever).

We'll see, but regardless of that they will deliver good looking icons! Although it's near impossible to top that Collection of Mana one this year.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Is this the place where I can share the hideous icon for Heroes of the Monkey Tavern? It's a grid-based dungeon crawler that's often on sale, so I tried the demo, and it was okay. But this icon means that regardless of game quality it can never, ever be on my Switch.

But that's not its icon, this is:

136.png

(Granted, it's still not a shining beacon of icon goodness)

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
But that's not its icon, this is:

136.png

(Granted, it's still not a shining beacon of icon goodness)
Honestly, as much of a stickler as I am for logos in icons...this somehow makes me want to try the game even less. An absolutely zero-effort logo form some intern who downloaded the Neverwinter Nights font and typed out the game's name over some brick graphics from Google Image Search. Eck.

Nintendo UK updated their website's game pages for a couple of games shortly after the Direct aired, and they included these beauties!

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Link%27s_Awakening_%282019_video_game%29.jpg
Luigi%27s_Mansion_3.jpg
Astral_Chain.jpg

Sources: Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain
These are lovely as ever. I really needed that palate cleanse, lol.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Yeah, those icons are nice, but the actual ones that release could be similar or go in a completely different direction. For ages I thought the NSMBUDX one would have the yellow stripey look that all the artwork had and then it just didn't.

PS_NSwitch_NewSuperMarioBrosUDeluxe_enGB.jpg
658a846bafd5446bbdfc163c46937152887c6c39eb5f1e6b2337ddec3352b524.jpg

I hope Luigi's Mansion 3's boxart keeps the symmetrical Luigi/Gooigi imagry, it's pretty cool.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I hope Luigi's Mansion 3's boxart keeps the symmetrical Luigi/Gooigi imagry, it's pretty cool.

Here is the boxart :
https:///wp-content/uploads/2019/06/luigis-mansion-3-boxart-banner-jun112019-1-900x576.jpg

Luigi's Mansion 3 might be my favorite Switch Icon....

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Is it possible to get these in HD, guys? Robin? Same goes for La Mulana 2 please?!

For the first three: This is the best I can find, as they are not yet available to preorder on the eShop: Luigi, Astral, Zelda
[In general: If an icon is not yet available on Robin's site, I think it's quite likely that is not yet available in proper HD and the icon is not necessary final.]

Regarding La-Mulana 2: I think Robin got the icon from the Japanese eShop (?), so I would need a JP account to find it, I think (?).
EDIT: Consolation price (banner image from JP eShop)

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Where would one find the icon for the upcoming (currently) Japanese exclusive Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball?