jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
If these optimized games are considered ports then I expect official reviews.

So no reviews for GoT and Days Gone, but reviews for Gears 5 and FH4.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Ori should not be in that list either as it is also only getting an FPS and resolution bump.
Look up the enhancements made for Ori. Spoiler: You are wrong.
This is the difference some are separating Gears 5 over, which is pretty funny given it's a difference even Microsoft does not feel is enough to be charging extra for.
They don't feel to charge for it, because they don't think gamers should pay twice. This is their approach since they've started releasing 360 games. Making it sound like they would charge for it, if the enhancements would've been bigger is pure nonsense.
Wow, a whole lotta console warring going on in here. You gotta think of it in terms of what's practical and realistic to do in an article. They could have listed the literally hundreds of PS4 and Xbox One games that have unlocked framerates so will run better on the new consoles, or instead they could have listed only the games where the developer created a new build of the game that will only be ever playable on the new console. They chose the latter, because that just makes sense.
100 points. I would've done the list a bit differently and found a way to include games like Days Gone. But I think making a distinction between BC games vs ports is fine as it is, considering doing a list with all BC enhanced games is impossible as their are thousands of games benefiting from less dips, higher framerate, loading, ... on both consoles. Kinda silly to ask for this.