MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
You know what? I'm 43 years old and I was there *day one* on opening night of "The Matrix Reloaded" and when I saw that scene, the first thing I thought of since the Wachowski brothers were video game fans, is "Hey - that's Yoji Shinkawa's artwork for Gray Fox's cool landing pose that was in the Japanese marketing for Metal Gear Solid".

Okay. That doesn't make it a homage though.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That's just a three point landing.
One of the Agents in the first Matrix movie did it while chasing Trinity as well.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
You know what? I'm 43 years old and I was there *day one* on opening night of "The Matrix Reloaded" and when I saw that scene, the first thing I thought of *since the Wachowski brothers were video game fans*, was "Hey - that's Yoji Shinkawa's artwork for Gray Fox's cool landing pose that was in the Japanese marketing for Metal Gear Solid".

This would have been a much better original post.

Still not sold on it being true, of course

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
We gamefaqs now fam.
940.jpg

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what? I'm 43 years old and I was there *day one* on opening night of "The Matrix Reloaded" and when I saw that scene, the first thing I thought of *since the Wachowski brothers were video game fans*, was "Hey - that's Yoji Shinkawa's artwork for Gray Fox's cool landing pose that was in the Japanese marketing for Metal Gear Solid".

You're 43?

Jesus, with that annoying winky face shit I would have guessed a third of that.

Kryst

Banned
Jul 30, 2018
Do winky faces exist to make your blood boil?
Every time I see it anger builds up.

Oct 27, 2017
My impression was that the new Tomb Raider series, which already gets derided for being a carbon copy of Uncharted, has a flashback which seems highly comparable at best to the flashback shit in Uncharted. That's not really the same as people being silly enough to believe that Kojima created a pose and the Matrix was influenced by it.

So if Tomb Raider did it multiple items before Uncharted was a thing, then Uncharted does it, then Tomb Raider does it again, does that mean Tomb Raider is carbon copying Uncharted carbon copying Tomb Raider?

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Gamemaster Anthony?

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
Nope couldn't think of anything. I thought you meant the whole jump off a bike and land in a cool pose thing, OP.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is absurd on so many levels. The "reference", the weird guessing game everyone was forced to play, the winks...

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
You know what, OP? I feel you; I'm gonna petition for this to become the box art for The Matrix going forward:
GmAsbQc.png

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Nope couldn't think of anything. I thought you meant the whole jump off a bike and land in a cool pose thing, OP.
That's my whole point!!

In 2003 in the theater when I saw this movie, the only thing I thought of when Trinity landed in that pose in the opening scene, was Yoji Shinkawa's art of Gray Fox landing in that same pose. How the fuck have we gotten this thread into what it's become?!?

Look, I'm sorry if anyone is befuddled by what I was trying to say, I was legit excited to share this with people thinking that I'm educating them because I'm older, and maybe was sharing an unknown homage with everyone - you know what, just close this thread; never mind.

I still love you Resetera :)

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
First of all: that OP didn't even care to mention that the movie he is talking about is Matrix reloaded makes me soo fucking angry..

2nd: first thing I thought of was MGS too, but not the pose, but the jump at the begging of Sons of liberty.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
First of all: that OP didn't even care to mention that the movie he is talking about is Matrix reloaded makes me soo fucking angry..

2nd: first thing I thought of was MGS too, but not the pose, but the jump at the begging of Sons of liberty.
Sorry to make you angry my friend! It was meant as a kind of a trivia question, so I couldn't just tell everyone what movie I was talking about ;)

The fact that you knew what movie I meant means that you know what I meant haha!

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sorry to make you angry my friend! It was meant as a kind of a trivia question, so I couldn't just tell everyone what movie I was talking about ;)

The fact that you knew what movie I meant means that you know what I meant haha!

What?? The answer to your question was MGS and not Matrix reloaded.

This is how you do it: what is this matrix reloaded scene a reference to?