• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yamanote Line

alt account
Banned
May 10, 2020
I remember watching some tetris videos and then getting recommendations for a VTuber called Suisei.

I said why not and 3 weeks later I am here watching every Suisei and Korone live stream and getting merch.

Send help.

I timestamped the moment my heart smiled because of her joy and then she tries her best to read the epilogue and is really cute.

gq9UQiQ.png

And finally where the end credits presents the hero she positions her model in the Doomguy spot.

OUR HERO

That whole thing is really brightens my day.

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
My favourites are Haato, Noel and Pekora, but a lot of the other Hololive vtubers are really entertaining to watch as well.

I'm not a fan of Rushia's new style though, they should've kept the hair!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This must have been super arkward lol

After watching this video I keep getting recommendations of her and have to say she's pretty entertaining. I guess the anonymity provided by the digital avatar ironically allows her to get more real about things.

Though i guess there's also chance it's part of the act

Last edited:

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the president of the hololive producer company is bullying all the Vtuber in Tetris lol.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
the before times: miku's neat.
prologue: i liked kizuna ai
cold open: this wierd anime girl in the corner copied gta [months go by]
day 1: this band aid story is funny
week 1: korone and okayu are so cute together
month 1: watame and kanata are great karaoke singers. coco is wierd
present: i'm not addicted i only am a super fan of 13 of them i can quit anytime

Last edited:

Hikarilie

Apr 30, 2020
Y'all sound like you fell into a cult of cute girls doing virtual things and now I'm scared of looking at that hole and tripping into it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I watched some Kizuna Ai awhile back, but Resident Evil 2 Remake introduce me to Suzuhara Lulu (2:58) & Honma Himawari (4:12).

Of all the Vtubers in this video, I like both of them because cute-soft spoken & hilarious Osakan (?) accent respectively.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, I only used to watch a bit of Kuzani Ai a few years ago. And I have a friend who is constantly talking about Hololive Characters.

I mean, I am sure I would enjoy quite a few. The biggest problem is that their streams are not translated and just watching the youtube videos is...well, not the same.

Then again, everything I have seen of Coco so far is amazing. xD

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pikamee recently started with two others under the VOMS Project and she is already amazing.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching some tetris videos and then getting recommendations for a VTuber called Suisei.

I said why not and 3 weeks later I am here watching every Suisei and Korone live stream and getting merch.

Send help.

I timestamped the moment my heart smiled because of her joy and then she tries her best to read the epilogue and is really cute.

gq9UQiQ.png

And finally where the end credits presents the hero she positions her model in the Doomguy spot.

OUR HERO

That whole thing is really brightens my day.

Dude that's exactly how I got sucked in too. I've been infected by Korone, Okayu and Rushia.
Y'all sound like you fell into a cult of cute girls doing virtual things and now I'm scared of looking at that hole and tripping into it.
Don't do it. Don't even watch one video.

OP
OP
chaobreaker

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see my thread get a bumped back to life.

For the record, I don't really watch vtuber streams but I enjoy watching the occasional translated clips.

Inugami Korone, Houshou Marine and Usada Pekora have become my favorite Hololive members just from the various clip content.

On the Nijisanji side, I really dig Tsukino Mito, Suzuhara Lulu and all the sanbaka members, (Ange, Lize, and Toko).

The only vtubers I sub to are Omega Sisters since they sometimes sub their content and it's easy enough to go along.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I think watame uta and asa coco are good places to start with hololive.

Both are daily monday through Friday.
Watame uta is a 15 minute show of watame singing a few cover songs and doing a daily silly rock paper scissors skit

Asa coco is live 20-25min morning news by coco. She does a few stories on what hololive things happened during their streams so it could introduce you to hololive people you could become interested in watching. With version 2.0 she now includes a japanese english lesson in each episode

The big thing is about 14 hours after airing there are english subs added so you can watch it 8n english. And since jaoan is ahead a day you can watch the "current" day in english.

for example here's 6/22's watame no uta and asacoco (they start in 2 ho0uts 15 minutes (X:45) and in 3 hours (X:00))
www.youtube.com

【歌番組】わためのうた(6月22日)【角巻わため/ホロライブ4期生】

月曜日がやってきた! 今週はわためのうたに関する大事なCMを最後に入れています。 ラストまで見ていってね! ※己を鍛えるため、うたは一発録りです。 最初から最後まで一発録りは一発録りなのですが、 何回も録り直してる中でのベストをあげています...! (take数を概要欄下部に載せています!) ハッシュタグは #わ...
www.youtube.com

【#桐生ココ】新あさココLIVE(ver.2.0)!6月22日【#ココここ】

また1週間がはじまったぜ!6/8から偏差値を上げたい人向けの放送に生まれ変わりました!月曜~金曜日毎日朝6時から20分くらい、放送中!サムネ感謝です!ジョルギださん https://twitter.com/Jhorgi14☆メンバーシップ解禁!こちらから是非メンバーになってね!☆https://www.youtu...

and here's friday's already subbed asacoco

Last edited:

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if any of the vtubers plan on streaming the TLOU:Part II?
I know some of them like Lulu and Aqua really liked the first so it would be great if they played the sequel too

Oct 25, 2017
So why exactly does Hololive keep pumping out generations instead of just taking time and letting them all grow?
Seems like it will suffocate or saturate itself soon.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
So why exactly does Hololive keep pumping out generations instead of just taking time and letting them all grow?
Seems like it will suffocate or saturate itself soon.
The variety has a synergistic effect. Note how the 4th generation massively ballooned in subscribers very rapidly compared to previous generations. While some cannibalism is inevitable (as is made obvious by how view counts go into the pits when everyone is streaming at the same time), there's enough variety that anyone can find someone they like among the roster, and additionally there's a ton of room for unique groupings and pairings among the cast. Collabs are significantly more effective when you have a bunch of different weirdos mingling together.

They've also kept their numbers small enough that most viewers can eventually know the entire cast. Compare that to Nijisanji with its 100+ members - that is too many to keep up with, and so most folks who watch nijisanji stick to a handful of favorites (or one particular favorite). Of course, if Hololive keeps expanding they'll eventually run into the same issues, but for now they seem to be in a pretty good sweet spot.

Oct 25, 2017
She should seek with the consultant asap, cuz that sleeping pills are lethal and it could overdose her if she's taking them much often.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Wait am I understanding this right, even for the big corporate VTubers the names of their VAs aren't public knowledge?

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
i wouldnt believe the cash is flowing if i didnt see it with my own eyes.

Projektmelody

i stumbled on this page and the tips this account was getting were insane. literally insane.

OP
OP
chaobreaker

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cover Corp just suddenly terminated the contract of Tsukishita Kaoru, one of their newest Holostars (aka Hololive's male offshoot label) member less than three months after his debut. Allegedly it was due to personal issues but they also wiped all the videos on his channel. It was just very sudden and scorched earth action to make.

He was a rising star in the what was for a long time a comparably stagnant offshoot to the massively succesful Hololive agency. He was most known this legendary Beyblade ASMR clip which now missing its original source video.

If you have a favorite corporate vtuber then there's reason to be concerned that they might just wipe their entire catalog of content when they retire or get fired. I think some fans are now archiving their favs in the face of this news.

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to look at each of them and figure out what their selling point is suppose to be. Why would I watch this virtual YouTuber over any other one?

That's my reaction when the top 10 twitch streamers on any given day are white dudes 20-30 years old with a slight beard and neon coloured hair swooped to the side all playing the latest FPS or battle royale. Not that I'm hating, it's not a bad look, just really common lol

edit: ah fuck, old thread. Soz for reply notification

OP
OP
chaobreaker

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has still developing but Cover Corp has been over the day slowly setting various videos of their Hololive channels on private over streaming rights of copyrighted works. This was done without warning to the talent and fans. They just now released a statement:

Some of the girls to apologize on their behalf too.

Seems like a reckless way to resolve legal issues but it looks like they never took the due diligence to get approval. This is all happening in the face of Kaoru's retirement and nuking of his channel. Fans are of course freaked out.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
started my descent by getting into various hololive girls, but now i've falled down a tsukino mito hole and i don't know if I want to escape.
i do love how genuinely unhinged some of the nijisanji people are.

hqdefault.jpg

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where are the American VTubers?

There are English speaking vtubers on twitch for people interested look up Prokect Melody, Ironmouse, Zentreya (through she mainly types due to being mute.) Sickly_Momo, Bunny Silvervale and Yukaichan are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head.