• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It is a pretty bizarre snub tbh, Blinding Lights has been a juggernaut this year and the rest of the album is amazing

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Something fishy happened. One or two snubs would be one thing but he was widely predicted to sweep by everyone and didn't get a single nomination. I mean, Justin Bieber in his flop era got in over him.

OP
OP
The Last One

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe Blinding Lights didn't get a single nomination while Yummy did lol

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's not something I'm usually too enthusiastic about anyway but I'm definitely not watching the Grammy's now

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
His latest body of work has left me unimpressed, but I don't think he's wrong about the transparency comment.

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, fucking Justin Bieber got Pop noms with Yummy/Changes this year, it's absolutely mind-bongling that the Weeknd got nothing in comparison.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Dafuk no nominations? Its his best work since trilogy. At least Gibbs got nominated for alfredo.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
It's fucking nuts he didn't get a single nom. Legit crazy.

Fionna too but I'ma stay quiet

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
is this really about him choosing to NOT perform lie at the Grammies? Because that would be unbelievably petty.

Oct 26, 2017
Even if you got snubbed, what makes you think calling them out is ever a good idea? It makes you come off as petty and mad over nothing.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Not sure about invoking the fans, i didn't give a fuck if any of the bands i loved won a prize, i had their music and i gave them my cash.
Awards are usually bollocks and i don't think much of them.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Artists only shit on The Grammys when they don't get nominated for stuff

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter how big his album was, right? The Grammys are picked by voters.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you got snubbed, what makes you think calling them out is ever a good idea? It makes you come off as petty and mad over nothing.
He had the biggest song in the entire country for weeks. A song from an album that critically was his best received, and performed very well sales-wise. I think he's well within his right to be mad. This is a pretty insane snub

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
If this is true, even more reason to say, he's right.
I know the Blue Ribbon Panel exists for general field (and they blessed us with most likely Melodrama and Norman Fucking Rockwell nominations, so I don't entirely hate them even if their existence is unethical) but I didn't know NARAS had the power to just.. exclude songs from people who made them mad in the genre categories lol.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Artists only shit on The Grammys when they don't get nominated for stuff

This is just not true. POC in particular have been vocal for years about how awful the Grammys are when it comes to "urban" categories. Tyler the Creator won a Grammy last year and immediately criticized the Grammys after it because he felt that they forced him into a category that he shouldn't have been in.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Call them the heck out. So many of these pretentious award shows are full of it and the more people who try to hold them accountable the better.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
This is just not true. POC in particular have been vocal for years about how awful the Grammys are when it comes to "urban" categories. Tyler the Creator won a Grammy last year and immediately criticized the Grammys after it because he felt that they forced him into a category that he shouldn't have been in.
There's a theory that he submitted his music to the Pop categories, which would explain a lot. They love to throw black artists into the urban/rap/r&b box.