Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
When we were small wee lads, me and my siblings had that game called Spyro: Season of Ice for the GBA. My siblings played some of it a few times so they knew how to play but I played I the most by far. Iirc you need to collect 99 fairies in this game to face the final boss and I stopped when i got 99 and decided to continue the next day. Only to come back to see that one of my siblings has beaten the boss and you cannot refight it anymore.
Isn't that bad because we didn't have much games and replayed them several times bit that exact same thing happened three times. By the fourth time, when the same thing happened with a visitor that happened to know the game I got sick of that and to this day I have never beaten the game properly.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021
I don't remember how it happened, but my 360 got jostled or something while I was playing Oblivion and I guess the laser burned a groove into the disc. Maybe it was something else, dunno. Anyway, because of that whenever I went to do the Dark Brotherhood questline the game would crash when I went into their hideout. So I basically resigned myself to never getting 1000GS because I couldn't do those quests.

When they announced BC for Oblivion like, a decade later, I was finally able to finish those quests because on the Xbone it didn't actually use the disc for anything other than a key. So I guess technically I did finally finish the game, but I didn't think it would happen. Anyway, CSB.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up beating it, but I stopped playing Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on the Castlevania Advance Collection for about a year because I hated how Juste's walking animation looked.

Also, I stopped playing Hollow Knight because I kept thinking that I "should" do the flower side quest, even though I'm aware that it's a side quest.

Last edited:

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Because its title wouldn't fit nicely in my games completed list - for instance it might break a pleasing pattern that already exists.

Yep, I win this thread.

BK0X

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. I stopped playing the game after I heard about the Mein Leben difficulty lol. The game was incredibly challenging for me with a controller on lower difficulty settings, so I can't imagine attempting to replay it on a harder difficulty. Sometimes, it feels like the game wasn't designed with consoles in mind (or maybe it's just a skill issue.. I don't know)

Anyway, I usually wouldn't let trophies deter me from enjoying my games. However, the fact that there are FOUR trophies solely for the Mein Leben difficulty made me abandon the game altogether. Maybe I'll give it another try someday… maybe.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never found a satisfactory control layout among the pre-configured templates in FF16. The game wears its DMC inspiration on its sleeve, but I wasn't able to find a control layout that felt right and fell off waiting for an update to add custom configurations right at the Protogenesis bit.

Now that the second DLC is out it was finally implemented, but I've probably forgotten too many plot details that I'm tempted to just wait for the PC version.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
I stopped playing Shadow Gambit because of a control issue nobody else seems to care about or notice. Rotating the camera snaps the mouse cursor to the center of the screen and I hate it.

I dropped Xenogears right before entering the final dungeon for absolutely no reason that I can remember.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I liked all the party members in Dragon Quest XI but I was looking forward to playing as Jade the most. Unfortunately it takes a while for her to join. Spent so many hours progressing the story, looking forward to my reward... only to quit immediately after she joined the party.

You see what started out as a sub goal gradually evolved into my main goal, so when I finally unlocked her it felt like I had done what I set out to do and I was satisfied to leave it there.

I don't regret it either even though it makes no sense.

Jun 3, 2018
London
I gave up on Outer Wilds because I decided I must become a master pilot to land on the super fast satellite (which is maybe end game?). I put as much hours trying to land my ship on that thing than I did playing the actual loop. Burned myself out and never went back.

The one close to the Sun where you get an achievement if you land on it manually? If so, that's where I stopped playing as well. I really wanted that trophy, couldn't do it and then gave up on the game altogether. Definitely a very stupid reason…

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
I bought Wolfenstein 2 and was halfway through, and then a friend came to my house to test it and overwritten my save in front of me.

I forgave him ofc, but that was a turndown for me to restart at the time (i found it way too hard). But i'll find the courage to do so. Someday.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Never was able to finish Batman Returns on Sega CD because I literally rolled over the disc with my desk-chair by accident. I still have the box.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I am at the end of baulders gate 3 and can't finish it, I loved the whole journey but just got exhausted. I'm the type that does all side quests etc. and now I'm just done and still have a few quests left before the end. Then god of war I keep trying to remind myself to go play it to beat it, but it's been so long I'll struggle with the controls.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I stopped playing Monster Hunter World because the realistic animations of injured monsters made me upset. Never happened in the numerous other monster killing games I've played.

Mephissto

Mar 8, 2024
GTA3. I think I did finish the story before that but I quit the game after the following.

I was doing the ambulance missions and I was on the last one. When I wanted to pick up the last patient some idiot NPC drove over him, killing him and failing the mission. I was so close. IIRC the reward was unlimited sprint if you finish it.

I took the disc out of my PS2 and threw it under my closet. I never played again.
This was the only real ragequit in my life.
When I moved out years later I found the disc again while cleaning everything up.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i didn't beat ffiv the after years and dragon quest 3 because they were both on a phone that got completely wrecked when i was caught outside in a tropical storm, and i couldn't find a way to move the saves to my next phone

i was like halfway through the after years (just at the point it actually gets interesting and weird) and like 95% through dragon quest 3 (only the end-game region left)

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Fallout 4. I remember enjoying it, even if it was a bit samey after Fallout 3. 10 or so hours in, I reached a point where my inventory hit max capacity, and I had to decide which bullshit gear I was gonna drop on the floor. I decided I rather wouldn't, and I never played the game again.

Bengraven