Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I want to dive in The Witcher 3. But knowing there's a next gen update for it coming turned me off - forcing me to wait for the update - even though my gpu (2060 super) might not be able to handle the RTX features).

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I was hoping for a July or August release/update for this as I was looking forward to a summer replay. Fall 2021 is going to be filled with next gen titles which will be taking a priority for me.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they'll use ray tracing. I think ray traced global illumination would significantly transform the game visually.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how they'll use ray tracing. I think ray traced global illumination would significantly transform the game visually.

I am actually kinda scared of this.Perhaps it will look better objectively but The Witcher 3 has a very nice look,like a painting sometimes,and this update might mess it up.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait to give this another play through. I'm assuming it'll be entirely visual and technical, so no gameplay or qol tweaks.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
That's my hope as well, raytraced GI would be the biggest boost to the visuals, but it's also the most expensive to render (my 3080 is ready, however). Shadows would be an "okay" use, and reflections would be largely worthless, IMO, since you'd only really ever see them on water and maybe some of the plate armor and would be the least noticeable.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell?? They should focus on fixing that pile of mess called Cyberpunk first!
I've got my copy gathering dust since I stopped playing it after countless crashes and bugs on my PS5.
We've all played Wild Hunt, fix Cyberpunk you numbskulls!

Of course, saying that, I would have very happily played this upgrade once a proper version of Cyberpunk was out the door... But it may well be the reverse at this rate!

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. It's good to hear that this is not done by CDPR and someone else is handling the upgrade. I've already finished this game 3 times and I would gladly play it for the 4th time if it's 60fps with better visuals.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping for a July or August release/update for this as I was looking forward to a summer replay. Fall 2021 is going to be filled with next gen titles which will be taking a priority for me.

Same tbh

April would have been perfect for this, pre Re8 in May. The back half of the year is stacking up with new titles

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I want to replay the game with the expansions coz I've yet to play them, this patch couldn't come sooner

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell?? They should focus on fixing that pile of mess called Cyberpunk first!
I've got my copy gathering dust since I stopped playing it after countless crashes and bugs on my PS5.
We've all played Wild Hunt, fix Cyberpunk you numbskulls!

Of course, saying that, I would have very happily played this upgrade once a proper version of Cyberpunk was out the door... But it may well be the reverse at this rate!
Read the thread much? The part where multiple people have pointed out that CDPR isn't doing this update? It's outsourced to Saber Interactive. It has absolutely fuck-all to do with Cyberpunk's development.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
It's a long list, no doubt; but I still think it's early days for repairing the game and there's a long way to go.

You could both argue that a majority of what's fixed in 1.2 should never have been there at launch, and the general state of the game is still pretty shocking even after it.

this game man

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I quit after a couple of hours because I hated the combat and controls (didn't help that I played it straight after finishing Bloodborne), so if this somehow gets better, I might give it another try.
I've played the game across three platforms by now and I still don't like combat or controls, even though I've played it in basically every technical state possible (Switch, PS4, PC). In short: don't expect it to be suddenly to your liking because it's getting a technical upgrade.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games from last gen, really looking forward to playing through this again - especially since I've been reading the books.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wishes they're going to include the DLC for free as well with this patch, mostly because I don't like this game nearly enough to buy them

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
My 3080 is ready

I hope they fixed the trees swaying like a Cat 3 hurricane is approaching. Looking forward to running it with RTX

Part of me wishes they're going to include the DLC for free as well with this patch, mostly because I don't like this game nearly enough to buy them
I think this is a free upgrade

www.windowscentral.com

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to get ray tracing as a free upgrade for current owners

The Witcher 3 just keeps getting better.

Edit: nm, I misunderstood what you meant. The GOTY version goes on sale all the time on GOG drm-free for like $9.99 if they don't include them. (It's also 9.99 on Steam right now)

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I'm sure this will be a clear upgrade, but I don't think any technical changes would be substantive enough to delay or wait playing the game if you want to play it. Its not like we're remastering a ps3 game here, it was already in pretty good shape imo.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it extends to blood and wine. I've still got alot of that to play.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Is PS5 upgrade out already? And game is finally fixed? Well, it is already 4 months since release, they were slow but still, that's fantastic news!
Thanks CD Projekt Red.
And thank you user Fernando for letting me see the error of my ways and bringing me back to light. Praise the Sun ☀
I think he was referring to the fact, as I'll say yet again... that CDPR is not making this update for TW3. It has no bearing and no impact of any kind on CP2077's development, and it never will. This has been common knowledge since the update was first announced. Well, maybe not that common, because people will pop into any TW3 thread these days just to bitch about Cyberpunk, I guess.

They just released a patch for Ratchet & Clank today to unlock 60fps on PS5... I wonder why they didn't put those resources toward fixing Cyberpunk?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Kinda hoping this comes as a GOTY edition, as I neither played very far on PC nor did I buy the expansions.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda hoping this comes as a GOTY edition, as I neither played very far on PC nor did I buy the expansions.

I doubt they are giving away the expansion content for free alongside the Next Gen patch. Seeing as you own the PC version though, you will probably get the patch update (It's free for all existing owners) but I think this'll only apply to the new graphical update benefits such as ray tracing. Not that either of the expansions cost much as the Witcher 3 and it's add-ons are on sale constantly all the time on both GOG and Steam, as well as GMG and Humble.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually planning on starting W3 relatively soon. But I'll hold out for the next gen update on PC. Plenty of other games to tackle in the mean time.

Oct 28, 2017
sweet hopefully by that time i have ps5, ive been wanting to plat it but partial loss of my progress made me put it off so this is good. please improve the load times, i dont care much about the gfx on this one as i do loadtimes