• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
In 4K Mode the game will run in 4K resolution (or supersampled on a non-4K display) with stable 30fps gameplay, whereas Performance Mode enables dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p up to 4K) while targeting 60 fps during gameplay. Both modes support HDR.
An upgrade patch introducing HDR support will soon be released for the PS4™ Pro console as well.

List of changes for Xbox One X:
  • 2 new graphic modes: 4K Mode and Performance Mode
  • support for 4K resolution
  • HDR support
  • enhanced shadows, ambient occlusion and texture filtering
  • higher resolutions textures
  • dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p to 4K)

http://thewitcher.com/en/news/view/12581/

PS4 Pro will also get HDR but no word on PC.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That is insanely awesome. Will replay in 4k HDR on Pro! Amazing that 60 fps and dynamic 4K is doable on the X.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
wow, 60 fps?

why ps4 pro dont have this performance mode when your cpu is similar to what is inside on X? this game is gpu bound?

PhilouFelin

Account closed at user request.
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, if the 60fps mode doesn't come to the Pro, I'll have to buy a copy for the X. Impressive !!

Also happy for the higher resolution textures. Not that many games make use of the extra ram.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
thats impressive. Cant wait for the DF breakdown. Great work as always CDPR!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive held off Blood & Wine for X version, never expected 60fps or HDR. Going to put AC on hold now.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm now which mode to choose. Thinking will have to go 4k 30fps.

Hopefully there will be a Digital foundry video comparing the two modes.

Last edited:

CrayToes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fucking incredible in 4K with HDR. The performance mode's framerate is too uneven for me. I'm sure others will appreciate it though.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Witcher 3 is everywhere. What if you could sync Steam/GOG/W10 and Xbox One X/PS4 regarding the saves, would that be impossible or are they just ignoring that functionality to push people to buy a specific version?
It's annoying to be a multi console+PC gamer and jump back and forth between the versions of this game at this point with so many hours already played.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
I really hope ive been a good lad this year and Mrs Claus gifts me a X1X so i can play tw3 the way it was meant to be played.
When does the X1X Xmas sale start. My body is red. My wallet not so much!

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should be interesting to see how the game performs in its targeting 60fps mode. Witcher 3 is a really interesting game from a performance and tech viewpoint.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017