Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you find a water hag around level 4? I dont remember one showing up until way later.

I can't remember the exact location but all I've been doing was exploring Valen since I got there until late yesterday night. I've ran into level 18 Wyverns and I'm guessing the middle evolution of Drowners lol.. I stared at her when I first saw her trying to figure out what was going on with her and that's when I got a face full of mud. Lol..

I was up to 3 in the morning playing (2 hours of sleep FTW!!!) After awhile I started doing story missions because I got tired of getting owned by higher level monsters and now I'm at level 11. I stopped playing after I met up with Triss and helped out some sleeper. Can't wait to dive back in!

———————

Should I be concerned if the game get glitchy sometimes during dialogue? The glitch is like the camera gets stuck on one character then reallly really slight delay before the camera shifts to the next character. It's noticeable but doesn't always happen. I also ran into this weird audio glitch where I couldn't hear the voice of this
tree heart thing
but it fixed itself when I closed the game and restarted it.

Edit: nice .gif

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

I actually have used Roach much because of how much I explore. I used him twice both times being I was carrying too much weight and couldn't fast travel.

Edit: having to be responsible sucks especially when all you want to do is play video games. Thinking about my next Witcher contract.

Edit 2: Story missions gives out a lot of experience points. I'm in Novigrad and I'm doing one very long story mission and I leveled up twice from it but what surprises me is that I'm barely fighting and the exp is purely from progressing the story.

Edit 3: The maps for Valen and Novigrad is huge! I have so many second and Witcher missions that I took a break from the main story to clear some of it out. Even though this is a fantasy story and setting I fucking love how human these characters are. Murder out of jealousy or love. Humans gon be humans even in a exceptional video game.

Last edited:

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I've returned to the game after a short break and now I'm trying to find all the smuggler caches and hidden treasures in Skellige before moving on with the main questline lol. My boat broke down and I'm swimming around with over 300 encumbrance. This is gonna take a while I think.

Last edited:

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I just installed this on my PS4, it downloaded patch 1.51 but the title screen says 1.50, is that a bug?

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
I've returned to the game after a short break and now I'm trying to find all the smuggler caches and hidden treasures in Skellige before moving on with the main questline lol.

I mean... I would try to stop you, but if you consider it a worthy investment of your time then have fun by all means. That saying, take it from me that it's really not worth it. Unless you're in dire need of money for the runewright/Toussaint schematics you should just get on with the main quest.

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
But I do have one gripe with the game though, they need fix the combat for the next game, the combat wasn't good at all, I struggled at times, and the movement of Geralt, I know realism and whatnot but let us have the option to change at least.

I had to change the difficulty to easy because I had trouble.

Everything else is great, even the sidequests are interesting.

Have you played Witcher 2? Witcher 3k's combat is perfect compared to Witcher 2.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... I would try to stop you, but if you consider it a worthy investment of your time then have fun by all means. That saying, take it from me that it's really not worth it. Unless you're in dire need of money for the runewright/Toussaint schematics you should just get on with the main quest.

Ah, I see. I was hoping for some good loot at least? There are no diagrams and schematics in the chests? I have like 75k of gold right now, so I think money is no issue. Maybe I'll skip them for now and come back later.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
I've returned to the game after a short break and now I'm trying to find all the smuggler caches and hidden treasures in Skellige before moving on with the main questline lol. My boat broke down and I'm swimming around with over 300 encumbrance. This is gonna take a while I think.

You can also take a strength potion if you're slightly over encumbered. Not gonna work with 300 though

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Ah, I see. I was hoping for some good loot at least? There are no diagrams and schematics in the chests? I have like 75k of gold right now, so I think money is no issue. Maybe I'll skip them for now and come back later.

Nope, no diagrams. 75k is more than enough to carry you through both expansions. If you have any missing diagrams you can purchase them at blacksmiths or armourers. Whichever Mastercrafted Witcher school gear you have will be more than enough for end game and Hearts of Stone.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've spent so much time in Novigrad/Velen and I stil didn't get every question mark on the map and do all the Witcher contracts (because I'm low level for them I'm level 20), only secondary missions I have left are ones rated at a higher level, I didn't get to all the exclamation points on the map, and the only main story missions I have left are the ones that has me leaving Novigrad to the next area

On another note

This game can be scary as shit especially if it's 3 in the morning, all the nights are out, everyone else is sleeping, and you're wearing a headset. You hear more with a headset. Sarah got me good in that haunted/not haunted mission involving her.

On another note PT 2

Godlings are adorable.

On another note PT 3

I said it before and I'm pretty much repeating myself at this point. The side missions are fanfuckingtastic.

Will edit post or make a new one later once my kids are asleep.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I did it anyway. Last night I finished finding all the smuggler caches in Skellige. I took a while, but my OCD can rest easy now. Ended up with over 1500 weight lol. Sold half of it so far and my gold is about 100k now haha. I think I have enough money to buy all the missing diagrams available diagrams.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Im so glad there is a Witcher thread here!

I played Witcher 3 for a while and somehow didnt fall head over heels with it when it first came out. Luckily I got back into it through watching Christopherodds playthrough of the games on Youtube. I am now diving headfirst into a new playthrough on the "Blood and broken bones" difficulty and loving it. Hours are flying by in Velen. I am taking a page out of Mr Odds playthrough of Witcher 2 and reading everything I pick up. The writing and quest design are fantastic.

I have the books on my kindle ready to go, I am away on a trip for a week and Im going to start reading the short stories. The Witcher is rapidly becoming my new obsession.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm finally doing my 2nd playthrough now that the One X update is out.

Have to say, I originally played on a GTX980, 1440p 144hz monitor, and nearly all maxed settings.

But this game on One X is the definitive version imo. It can't be stated just how much more beautiful the game is with HDR, in addition to the 4K res (even if variable). Really the only thing it's missing graphically that I can notice is the tressFX hair, which wasn't even that great looking to begin with imo.

16 hours in and getting through Velen. Feels good to get reacquainted with the game, in addition to now making all the other choices I didn't make originally!

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Hi WitchERA,

So what do you guys think of the Witcher 2 and how it's aged?

I'm currently in the midst of replaying it on Xbox One (360 version is BC). I originally played the PC version way back in 2011 when it was originally released and I remember liking it a lot.

I'd never played the 360 version before. It's rough looking for sure. It's running at native 720p but textures seem very low res, and there seems to be very little post-processing going on. It's still an incredible feat what CD Projekt Red managed to pull off given how limited the Xbox 360 was for 2012 standards, specially considering that when it launched, Witcher 2 was a true graphical showcase on PC. And even though the game is kinda rough around the edges (the Xbox One does help a bit as it adds much needed forced VSync) the game's superb art direction really shines through. I mean, look at this. As far as last gen consoles go, this is pretty top tier:

kMlFb2T.gif

Last edited:

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Id love to replay it

I remember how mind blowingly good it looked when it first came out on PC.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone maybe tell me how far along I am in the main game and maybe how many hours are left? I already finished most of the side-quests, except two Witcher contracts that were a bit too high level for me 30+. I just got to the
Isle of Mists and rescued Ciri.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think I'll ever return to Witcher 2 - already played most of it thru two times to check out the different scenario's. Fantastic game but I've explored it enough. I kinda hope CDPR remakes the original Witcher game, since that game just isn't working for me anymore.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Can someone maybe tell me how far along I am in the main game and maybe how many hours are left? I already finished most of the side-quests, except two Witcher contracts that were a bit too high level for me 30+. I just got to the
Isle of Mists and rescued Ciri.

You're about to end act II. You still got Act III to do after that, about 10+ hours long.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I loved the intro to the fight with
Imlerith
on top of Bald Mountain. That cutscene was fantastic, I got chills from the atmosphere and the acting. Really great stuff. He was so menacing. And also the hardest fight so far I think.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Aw come the fuck on...reinstalled Witcher 3 after a system change on PC just to discover that GOG Galaxy somehow lost my cloud save. Fuuuck.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I switched out the system SSD too so maybe I can get a local save back from the old one.

Not sure if the default location has changed at all but for my GOG install the save files were in Documents by default, so if the game saves directory was on the old drive it definitely should still be accessible.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the main game just now. I took me 150 hours and 24 minutes to do all the main quests, side-quests, Witcher contracts, smuggler caches, and find all the ? locations. I upgraded all the potions except for 3 decoctions, I think I can't get those anymore because I let the monsters live? I'm gonna take a little break now before tackling the expansions. I do have to say that the game seemed to be crashing more towards the end (I'm playing on PS4). I'm not sure what that was about. Still, what a game. I really loved it.

Btw, I got the "Ciri becomes a Witcher' ending. I'm guessing that is the good ending? I do regret romancing Triss instead of Yen, I think romancing Yen would be more fun and exciting.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the main game just now. I took me 150 hours and 24 minutes to do all the main quests, side-quests, Witcher contracts, smuggler caches, and find all the ? locations. I upgraded all the potions except for 3 decoctions, I think I can't get those anymore because I let the monsters live? I'm gonna take a little break now before tackling the expansions. I do have to say that the game seemed to be crashing more towards the end (I'm playing on PS4). I'm not sure what that was about. Still, what a game. I really loved it.

Btw, I got the "Ciri becomes a Witcher' ending. I'm guessing that is the good ending? I do regret romancing Triss instead of Yen, I think romancing Yen would be more fun and exciting.

Some would argue her becoming an empress is the better ending but I would disagree. It feels really out of Ciri's character to go down that route. And whereas the Witcher ending is a downright happy one, the empress ending is more bittersweet. I suppose it depends on what kind of tone you prefer. I prefer the Witcher one because it's a happy ending and makes sense for Ciri's character.

And yeah, there is much more to the Yen romance than the Triss one. CDPR acknowledged it as a flaw at one point and a patch apparently added more to her romance route, but I'm not sure how much since I've never romanced her.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm now right near the end of Blood & Wine

Is there is HDR patch for this game on PS4?

I have my Sony TV set to auto for HDR and my PS4 Pro is also set up for HDR, and down as auto, but I was messing around with the TV settings and with regards to HDR, "off" and "auto" looked the same, and then the two other options, I think added HDR (though the colours were then way off)

But I can't find out if the game has HDR support or if I was forcing a change via my TV

Hope that makes sense

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Didn't that get boring fast? I decided not to do every ? as it would bore me to tears and turn me off on the game
I gave up on the Skellige ones on my first playthrough, but I chipped away at them for a little bit during my Hearts of Stone playthrough, and then finished them off later during my Blood and Wine playthrough. All of the rest were fine, but the Skellige ones definitely felt like a grind. They were cool in small snippets, not so much as a bunch. Probably the only 'by the numbers' aspect of the entire game really.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I think even the devs admitted they went a bit overboard on smugglers caches and stuff in Skellige. I think they ran out of time a bit for that region. There was this dude that did a video of all the underwater stuff you can find but I can't find it right now, I think there were some hints that there was going to be more unique content then the region ended up actually having. Still, some cool finds you can bump into when just exploring.

dylie

Oct 25, 2017
Some would argue her becoming an empress is the better ending but I would disagree. It feels really out of Ciri's character to go down that route. And whereas the Witcher ending is a downright happy one, the empress ending is more bittersweet. I suppose it depends on what kind of tone you prefer. I prefer the Witcher one because it's a happy ending and makes sense for Ciri's character.

And yeah, there is much more to the Yen romance than the Triss one. CDPR acknowledged it as a flaw at one point and a patch apparently added more to her romance route, but I'm not sure how much since I've never romanced her.

Can anyone confirm the additional content in Triss's relationship path? I started a Death March play-through, and I'm about twenty-five hours in. I went with Yen on my first play-through but I'd happily choose Triss if she is no longer an after thought compared to Yen.

Thinking about a second play-through of the Witcher II. I sided with Vernon because I was just instantly interested in his role in the story but I'd like to try the additional route. Does the game differ enough in the other route to justify going through it again? I only ask because it has been less than a year since I've beaten Witcher II, and while I adore the game completely, I don't want to go through the game again for it to just be more of the same.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Can anyone confirm the additional content in Triss's relationship path? I started a Death March play-through, and I'm about twenty-five hours in. I went with Yen on my first play-through but I'd happily choose Triss if she is no longer an after thought compared to Yen.

Thinking about a second play-through of the Witcher II. I sided with Vernon because I was just instantly interested in his role in the story but I'd like to try the additional route. Does the game differ enough in the other route to justify going through it again? I only ask because it has been less than a year since I've beaten Witcher II, and while I adore the game completely, I don't want to go through the game again for it to just be more of the same.

It's completely different. You go to the other side and have tons of different stuff to do. It's a completely different game and you meet characters you never see if you go with Roche. It's crazy how much they made only for most of the people to not see it.

dylie

Oct 25, 2017
It's completely different. You go to the other side and have tons of different stuff to do. It's a completely different game and you meet characters you never see if you go with Roche. It's crazy how much they made only for most of the people to not see it.

Great to hear. I didn't expect it to be so substantial! I played Witcher II on the Xbox 360 earlier this year, so I can't wait to see how much better it looks on my new PC w/ an ultra-wide monitor. I'll miss Vernon though! Maybe I can convince him to come with me since we're bros.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Had no idea this game had so much free DLC, decided to get some armor and that alternate look for Triss and Yennefer.

That Triss outfit though, it fits because this playthrough I'm going for her.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So is the inventory suppose to be choppy on PS4? I makes me not wanna go into the inventory a lot, also looking at the map takes time.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think out of all the alternative outfits Triss' is the worst. It's just this super glamorous long dress that might fit at the Vegebund party, but nowhere else.

Especially considering the witch hunt going on in Novigrad. Wearing that makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

Yen's outfit is great though. I wish Ciri got an outfit that was a bit more armored. There is a lot of great concept art ideas for her and it's unfortunate they went with the one they did.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
I wish Ciri got an outfit that was a bit more armored. There is a lot of great concept art ideas for her and it's unfortunate they went with the one they did.

If you're on PC there's a mod based on one of the Ciri concept outfits that's a solid adaptation. Posted about it on one of the previous pages.

VV6Y4s4.jpg

Nov 28, 2017
currently halfway through The Tower of the Swallow, #6 of the books. this may be my favorite.

holy shit.

amazing how this entire book series is basically the lead up to the finale Witcher 3.

as if Witcher 1 and 2 were just tests for what 3 would become.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
aaaw yiss, romance with Triss is complete.

Not sure how comfortable having sex in a lighthouse is though.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This is easily the most immersive game I have ever played since Skyrim, and I still play Skyrim.

I was out riding, the sun was coming down, the wind was blowing and then thunder was heard and it started to rain, I decided to put on my headphones and just drift away.

One of the game worlds I would totally live in, minus all the monsters. :P

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
This is easily the most immersive game I have ever played since Skyrim, and I still play Skyrim.

I was out riding, the sun was coming down, the wind was blowing and then thunder was heard and it started to rain, I decided to put on my headphones and just drift away.

One of the game worlds I would totally live in, minus all the monsters. :P

I totally get you man.
And sailing around Skellige with that beautiful music? Godly.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
I totally get you man.
And sailing around Skellige with that beautiful music? Godly.

Yeah, I decided to go out exploring the smaller islands around Skellige by boat, and its one of my high points with the game. A few of the islands have unique tracks that are peaceful and almost melancholic, such as this one: .

Felt like I truly was off the grid, out in nowhere, it was a magnificent feeling.