Do you want Miiverse 2 and do you think it will happen?

• I want it and I think it will happen

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • I want it but I don't think it will happen

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I don't want it but I think it will happen

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I don't want it and I don't think it will happen

Votes: 56 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
512px-Miiverse_logo.svg.png

Miiverse was deactivated in November 2017 after about 5 years of amazing(ly bad) shitposts, legitimately good fan art mixed in with unhinged horny drawings, and dating. Yeah.

View: https://youtu.be/yhdStqO0JTE?si=IQIDgYgrKBu36cEj

Today, it is fondly remembered as both a terrible idea and the best social media platform to date.

Sadly Nintendo didn't bring anything like it back for the Switch, so it had no mass trolling social feature. But with the looming announcement of the next console, I thought it would be interesting to see if Era wants something like Miiverse again and how likely we think it is.

Personally, I loved posting screenshots and occasionally even made a few drawings. I hope something like Miiverse is part of the next console, but I also think Nintendo just figures it's not worth the headaches. That place was really chaotic, whoever the mods were must have some amazing stories.

Feel free to share your best Miiverse memories ITT.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I like to think MARIO WIIU is out there somewhere having the time of his life in Sea of Thieves

BoQzLqdCYAAtmkJ.jpg:large

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
finding messages in bottles in WWHD was awesome and I hope Nintendo would find a way to implement a similar system if that gets ported to Switch(2).

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't Metroid crawl?

Honestly, I want something like Miiverse back if only to see people struggle on the retro NSO titles.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Yeah miiverse was fun. I also miss streetpass. (Not the part where you had to use it to unlock stuff in games though). Was fun to put my 3ds in my backpack when out for a walk and check to see if I'd met anyone.

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The greatest social network!
Yes it made way more sense for Nintendo to move away from it and integrate standard platforms, but damn Miiverse was special.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
I loved miiverse. I used to do a ton of art on it since the gamepad was practically my first real digital art pad.

I feel like these extraneous things like Miiverse and Street Pass are a part of the Nintendo charm. For how successful the Switch is I do feel like it's missing these little bits of flavor.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
I really miss Miiverse and would happily welcome it back for Switch 2.

finding messages in bottles in WWHD was awesome and I hope Nintendo would find a way to implement a similar system if that gets ported to Switch(2).

I remember putting the numbers from Lost in a bottle and getting a warning from Nintendo for "sharing friend codes".

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Miiverse 2 on Switch 2 would be incredible...But let's be real, the amount of moderation Nintendo had to do for it is why the whole thing got shut down.

I blame Allan and Nichole really.

OP
OP
Tochtli79

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Clearly the demand is there, but damn we really think it'll stay dead huh. Nintendo, if we can't have localized Mother 3, let us have the return of Miiverse!

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
i think nintendo regretted miiverse the moment they put it online
i could see they reiterating on streetpass in the future but it's nintendo and they never do what i want them to so yeah

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
i got the latest game of thrones episode at the time spoiled in the smash bros miiverse stage

fuck miiverse

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
outing myself as aloof here but i thought they brought it back for switch or it was still around in whatever capacity (even in its heyday i never really messed around with it, i wouldn't know)

guess it makes sense though no point on their end to keep it around, would be neat though, if not for just the memes which still live rent free in my head

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Miiverse AND StreetPass.

I'd kill for a StreetPass mobile app that synced with a Switch 2 MiiVerse...

But we're going to be lucky if we have themes and folders with the v1.0 Switch 2 OS, aren't we.

Kerwop

Dec 15, 2017
lol yeah it's the best online idea Nintendo ever had

The game integration was always fun too

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I will say, I loved Miiverse but Miiverse had... content moderation problems. That would only be amplified greatly on a device with a Switch-like sized player base. Essentially, there's no way a modern Miiverse wouldn't be a nightmare. On the other hand...

View: https://youtu.be/blVdHOFs3JU?si=cqhH4cnVEpBvbXo0

(Video I recorded on my birthday not long after Wii U launch)

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a thread at the old place about a horse game having a wild Miiverse community. I think people just drew hyper detailed art of horses lol

edit: Life with Horses 3D is the game. I tried looking it up on the Miiverse archive but it seems to be down

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I unironically loved Miiverse and legitimately miss it every day.

Drawing pictures to go along with my screen shots and posting it for like-minded fans to enjoy was so much fun, and it was just such a wonderful time capsule for my Wii U (and eventually 3DS) life.

Come back please.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only want it back if Smash Bros. brings back the Miiverse stage and re-integrates with it.

I like to think MARIO WIIU is out there somewhere having the time of his life in Sea of Thieves

BoQzLqdCYAAtmkJ.jpg:large
It's still a shame he quit posting on twitter before Super Mario 3D All-Stars came out. I really wanted to see him compliment Sunshine's water.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
There was a kind of...personality, for lack of a better word, that the 3DS/Wii U had, that's just kind of missing on Switch, and a lot of that is because of Miiverse. Would be really nice if they brought something like that back for the Switch 2.

StrontiumPawg

Jan 4, 2024
I understand why they just offloaded it to sharing to existing social media platforms, but there was something cool about having a bespoke community where you could just go and scroll through the posts about whatever game you were playing at the time

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Miiverse and Streetpass were such great features. Wish Nintendo had iterated on both with the Switch but don't expect either to return (sigh).

Rosencrantz

Nov 22, 2023
I was just thinking recently about how much I miss the in-game Miiverse posts on the Wii U. It made it feel like I was enjoying single player games with a community.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
I want it back.

But I want StreetPass back more.

God, this. StreetPass was so good. I used to carry my 3DS everywhere, even when I had no intention of playing it, just to get more people.

I do miss the personality that Nintendo used to give their OSes. The Switch is perfectly functional, but all feels a bit soulless.

Jun 22, 2021
Still remember Smash bros having a Miiverse stage and you would see posts appear in the background when fighting.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Obviously Miiverse will never be back but I really hope we see StreetPass again in the future. That feature was so cool.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
My main request for the "Switch 2", outside of hardware advancements, is some form of a social network baked into NSO. A mere friends list with limited functionality has been a blatant regression from Miiverse and StreetPass.

Heck, a revived StreetPass could even be expanded to work inside a set range, similarly to how Near functioned on the Vita. That could open up the possibilities of connecting with other users to anyone in an area, even if they only use their system in TV mode.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
Miiverse was so fun but yeah it's not coming back. It's just not possible to moderate a userbase of that size. They should bring Streetpass and Miiplaza back though.