Do you want Miiverse 2 and do you think it will happen?

• I want it and I think it will happen

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • I want it but I don't think it will happen

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I don't want it but I think it will happen

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I don't want it and I don't think it will happen

Votes: 56 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah miiverse never coming back due to moderation but surely streetpass c'mon, you can make that work ninty!

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I understand not wanting to moderate a whole social media network, especially with the family friendly vibe of Nintendo. But I do very much miss it.

wamoss

Aug 11, 2022
Took out the WIi U to replay some Mario 3d world and some other games, and I legitimately miss the service. It was always super cute booting up the system and seeing all the posts from games you play. Felt like a neat community thing that the switch lacks. Super nostalgic for the way Nintendo built their UI during the Wii and Wii U.

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
Oh man, one of those weird products that is just amazing and kinda unlike anything else yet you understand why it can't move forward in time with the world. Some good things just stay behind untopped, characterizing a certain era.

I mean maybe … there's a non zero chance something like it will come back at some point, but the small install base of the system might have helped with its charme.

… on the other hand, there are enough social media platforms and distractions as is, so I'm a bit thankful I can't scroll through that one as well.

Last edited:

CoolAssGoat

Oct 27, 2017
Both the Wii U and the 3DS had a chaotic and boisterous soul and I think it's totally lacking on the Switch. I understand why, but it is a shame.

Feb 14, 2024
It bugs me that it was so deeply integrated into certain games and then Nintendo just killed it off. They shouldn't have done that honestly, a lot of games lost functionality due to the abrupt shutdown.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
I miss the entire 3ds/Wii U era of Nintendo where they were doing more fun social things like Miiverse, StreetPass, SwapNote. The Switch is obviously a huge step up in terms of success but it also feels like a huge step backwards in the fun department. I'll take the ethereal music and purgatory like home screen of the Wii U over the grey and lifeless Switch home screen any day of the week.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also unironically enjoyed tvii. I just liked feeling like a show was a community event. Weird little clips and polls. I don't envy whatever team had to keep that running though.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
A social network without politicians and corporates, it really was something special. I liked the integration in games like 3D World and Wind Waker HD and I miss it like everyone.
Nintendo could bring it back but chances are very slim.